• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

Re: Northumberland Development Project

Eh. We'll probably finish it by 2020, with a 56k capacity, and proudly open it only to find that nothing has changed in our relative position, because City, Chelsea and Liverpool have all expanded/changed their stadiums in the intervening time and so have left us exactly where we were before.

Sigh. It still amazes me that talk of a new stadium started in 2001. Eleven years ago. And still we haven't stuck a single pole in the ground, or laid a single foundation stone.

City have now announced plans to add 7K seats taking capacity to 54K with eventual plans to reach 70K, we need to hurry up.

Laughble when they dont sell out 48k very often now...

They don't need to fill the stadium. They just need someone to buy the tickets. The FFP regulations don't require ticket buyers to turn up.

I haven't seen this posted on here yet. This is a post from a couple of weeks ago on Skyscrapercity, the user emailed KSS Design chairman David Keirle.

I thought some of you on here would be interested in this email I received. It's from David Keirle at KSS. This is David's reply to my email that asked him about any future expansion of the new Tottenham stadium, and why KSS opted for a distance of 8.2m in regards to the distance from the front row of seating to the touchline:

Stadium geometry is incredibly complicated. The nearer any stadium tier gets to the touchline or goaline the steeper the tier needs to be to achieve the acceptable "C" value sightlines. With a maximum angle of rake allowable in the UK the key defining geometric design criteria is the "C" value sightline at the rear seat. Multi-tier stadiums make the generation of acceptable stadium bowls even more complicated. Fundamentally, the larger the stadium capacity the further you need the front seat to be away from the touchline, even with the most clever of designs, to meet modern standards of sightlines and comfort, and of course Green Guide 5. It is therefore impossible to design to modern design standards for any stadium over 30-35,000 and keep within UEFA guideline distances.

We have designed the Tottenham Stadium to allow for some further expansion but not to the same level as at Brighton.

Eh. We'll probably finish it by 2020, with a 56k capacity, and proudly open it only to find that nothing has changed in our relative position, because City, Chelsea and Liverpool have all expanded/changed their stadiums in the intervening time and so have left us exactly where we were before.

Sigh. It still amazes me that talk of a new stadium started in 2001. Eleven years ago. And still we haven't stuck a single pole in the ground, or laid a single foundation stone.

A £450 million project is not an easy road to negotiate for a company the size of Tottenham Hotspur.

A £450 million project is not an easy road to negotiate for a company the size of Tottenham Hotspur.

I'm aware of that, and that's why I didn't sign off with an angry tirade at Levy and co. for failing to deliver. But it's still more than a little depressing that our shining beacon of hope for the future has gone from being a vehicle that can propel us into the rarefied air of the elite to a much-needed project that will enable us to just about stand our ground as everyone around us starts throwing up stadiums and expansions with much more ease than we were ever able to manage.

I'm aware of that, and that's why I didn't sign off with an angry tirade at Levy and co. for failing to deliver. But it's still more than a little depressing that our shining beacon of hope for the future has gone from being a vehicle that can propel us into the rarefied air of the elite to a much-needed project that will enable us to just about stand our ground as everyone around us starts throwing up stadiums and expansions with much more ease than we were ever able to manage.

Everyone?

Just Emirates Marketing Project. That they are financially backed by a billionaire means they don't need to find any funding.

Everyone?

Just Emirates Marketing Project. That they are financially backed by a billionaire means they don't need to find any funding.

And Emirates Marketing Project won't be able to increase their revenues from their capacity increase (particularly with regard to corporate hospitality) to anything like the same degree that Spurs will with theirs. That's the simple reality of:

a) London v Manchester.

b) Emirates Marketing Project increasing capacity eventually by 12,000 as opposed to Spurs increasing capacity by 20,000 or more.

Everyone?

Chelsea have been sniffing around for new stadium sites for a while now, and applied for permission to extend Stamford Bridge recently. Liverpool are planning to expand Anfield. And City have unveiled their plans as you well know.

As for the London vs Manchester point, fair enough, but there's an entirely separate argument to be had about whether the obscenely high ticket prices we charge will last into the long term.

City have now announced plans to add 7K seats taking capacity to 54K with eventual plans to reach 70K, we need to hurry up.

That's quite disappointing compared to their original plans off 100K+

what is the scope for expansion at brighton then?

It has already been increased from the original 22,000 to the current 30,750.

Whether Keirle was talking in terms of percentage increase or simply in terms of numbers of seats, we don't know. I suspect the latter. In which case, the potential capacity increase at the new WHL will be less than 8,750.

Chelsea have been sniffing around for new stadium sites for a while now, and applied for permission to extend Stamford Bridge recently. Liverpool are planning to expand Anfield. And City have unveiled their plans as you well know.

As for the London vs Manchester point, fair enough, but there's an entirely separate argument to be had about whether the obscenely high ticket prices we charge will last into the long term.

The only teams that seem close to doing anything are the billionaire backed clubs, Chelsea and City. City because they have announced it of course and Chelsea because Roman is capable of just about anything.

Liverpool's planning has been ongoing longer than ours and has changed back and forth between plans several times. Most clubs we can compare ourselves to financially are having the exact same problems we are, if anything we seem to be ahead of the pack.

It has already been increased from the original 22,000 to the current 30,750.

Whether Keirle was talking in terms of percentage increase or simply in terms of numbers of seats, we don't know. I suspect the latter. In which case, the potential capacity increase at the new WHL will be less than 8,750.

That isn't very much really, was hoping there is scope to get it to around 80K mark if required.

They don't need to fill the stadium. They just need someone to buy the tickets. The FFP regulations don't require ticket buyers to turn up.

So the Sheikh could buy all the say 12k STs and it gets around FFP then

As long as I don't die beforehand then I will be happy. 8-[

I did say the same to friends when Levy took power.

So the Sheikh could buy all the say 12k STs and it gets around FFP then

I haven't seen any reason why this would be prevented. Clubs report attendances on tickets sold, so it would be hard to exclude income when people don't turn up.

They could also have some really expensive executive boxes and just invite people to fill them.

But there is the simple fact that they will look at the price.. as put it against the 'going rate' say take the average from elsewhere.

Its unlikely they will be able to buy a box for £10m for the season and give it to guests. UEFA have already stated that they will use market rate as a guide for everything.

Also City already announced that the new seating is to facilitate the fan that can only afford £300 for a season ticket.

Like they have with their £400m sponsorship?

Not £10m per box, but they can buy a series of boxes at top rate (say the most expensive at Old Trafford) and claim it is market rate. It will be impossible for UEFA to prove that they couldn't get the same rate or that there is no demand.

Back