1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice

Northumberland Development Project - Open For Business

Discussion in 'Spurs News & Views' started by Jordinho, 12 Feb 2013.

1. SteveAWOL

SteveAWOL Jimmy Neighbour

Re: Northumberland Development Project

Might be of interest to those of you not following the SSC thread...

Community collective's charter urges people to oppose regeneration (From Haringey Independent)/
    Hopefully this means that work on the new stadium is due to start imminently at least... what with Valentino's and the Corner Pin gone, the rest of the pubs around the ground are going to get even more rammed before/after games though!

Nightclub closes because of new Spurs stadium (From Haringey Independent)

2. P.D.

P.D. Mauricio Taricco

Typical, first and only time anyone will pour some proper money to re-develop one the brickest areas of London. You'd think they'd be glad but no they are going to try and moan and delay things as per usual. I can understand they have grown up there and have affiliation for the current set up etc but they need to understand the opportunity and stop living in the past. Half of them will probably get given brand new houses and there are new community facilities planned.

3. billyiddo

billyiddo Jimmy Cantrell Staff Member

i knew Valentinos was closing but i was under the impression that building was going to survive as part of the updated design rather than being totally flattened?

4. Superhudd

Superhudd Simon Davies

As suggested on Skyscrapper by a poster, that charter was set up prior to the release of the three options. There concerns may have been included in the plans already therefore possibly making their views redundant

5. jts1882

jts1882 Chris Armstrong

The front bit - the old White Hart - will survive, the newer parts behind will be demolished.

6. chicken_badge

chicken_badge Gudni Bergsson

Is it really that straightforward though? I own the flat I live in. How would I feel if someone told me that I HAD to sell and move? There are people who like where they are, the home has memories. They like their next door neighbours. Same goes for shops and businesses. We might be thinking of knocking over Mr Griswalds crappy old antique shop that never seems to sell anything but its HIS crappy old antique shop and I don't think it would be fair to expect to be able to just do it.

As for the whole community thing, well lets face it we all look at it from the perspective of landing a shiny new stadium but these guys are wanting to make sure a lot of other things work out for them. Maybe being a bit greedy some of them, but maybe some arent. I dont think there is enough interaction between club and immediate community, even with all the foundation stuff in place.

7. Superhudd

Superhudd Simon Davies

I would look at it as what is the greater good and not on a selfish level if it was me living there. Only time I wouldn't would be if I was helping the goons.

8. nelto

nelto Ronnie Rosenthal

Really glad I'm going to the Sunderland game, last chance to have a drink in Valentino's Beer Garden, my usual watering hole. Where am I going to have a beer and a smoke now?!

Negotiations have obviously been ongoing for a long time. I remember being in the beer garden early on the night of the Werder Bremen CL game. Tony Walker was all suited up and giving his shoes a last quick shine before going in to see Mr Levy. He was taking a bit of banter from the locals. He was joking that he was going to get new carpets put in.

I'll miss it, but onwards and upwards!

9. Superhudd

Superhudd Simon Davies

San Fran 49ers have signed a 20 year deal for $220m for naming rights to its new stadium.
    Name Levi Stadium. Named after the jean company based in San Fran

10. chicken_badge

chicken_badge Gudni Bergsson

Great. Watch us get 22p for the Levy Stadium :(

11. Whiffler

Whiffler Jonathan Woodgate

22p? ..... an early bid already!.

12. greatwhitenorf

greatwhitenorf Mido

That's a good fit.

Ba.

Da.

Boom.

Tishhhhhhh.

13. SteveAWOL

SteveAWOL Jimmy Neighbour

Someone on SSC did this diagram showing how much closer to the pitch the stands for our proposed new stadium will be than the Spammers rehash of the Olympic Stadium:

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

14. Howard Webb

Howard Webb Clive Wilson

Beautiful, nice post dude!

15. Superhudd

Superhudd Simon Davies

The Vikings on Monday announced there new stadium designs. Looking at this article and others when reading about NFL teams, it amazes me how much money teams get from local authorities. The design looks awful though, don't understand this look of putting a stadium inside a shopping centre/mall look.

Vikings fans can finally be proud of their football stadium after the team revealed designs for their new home on Monday night.

Although the stadium won't have a retractable roof, the geometrically designed structure will feature tons of transparent glass siding that will look into Minneapolis' business district. The design should flood the field with natural light while maintaining an impressive view of the city's skyline.

One HKS representative at the unveiling claimed, “clear is the new retractable.” HKS is the same architectural firm that conceived plans for Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis and Cowboys Stadium in Arlington, Texas.

Some of the siding and roof will contain ETFE, the same transparent material used for the Beijing National Aquatics Center in the 2008 Olympics.

The stadium will feature two scoreboards, each 50 x 120 feet in size. It will house 150 suites, 7,500 club-level seats and a Vikings team Hall of Fame to honor the purple-and-gold greats.

The 65,000-seat, multi-purpose stadium is budgeted for $975 million.

“We're very excited about where it's headed,” Lester Bagley, the team's vice president for stadium development said. “It'll have lots of glass and light and a very open feel to it.

The Vikings have spent the last 31 years at the Metrodome, whose roof famously caved in after a particularly brutal snowstorm in 2010. The new stadium will stand in place of the Metrodome, which will see its last season in 2013.

In order to avoid another roof disaster, the ceiling will have a sharper angle to better withstand Minnesota's heavy snow showers.

The Vikings are responsible for incurring nearly half the costs of the stadium while the state of Minnesota has pledged around $350 million to the project. The city itself had offered $150 million.

The yet-to-be-named stadium could also generate some funds with an endorsement deal.

The Vikings are set to play the 2014 and 2015 seasons at TCF Bank Stadium, currently the home of the Minnesota Gophers. If all goes according to plan, the Vikings would play their inaugural season in 2016.

[video=youtube;MAt_ooyAEsQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=MAt_ooyAEsQ[/video]

16. jts1882

jts1882 Chris Armstrong

It's standard as the franchises can threaten to leave. I believe the Vikings had several places interested or at least persuaded the state and city that they did. They did lose their traditional ice hockey team to that renown centre of winter sports, Dallas.

As the end of the day you should never forget the American appetite for welfare for the rich and middle classes.

17. jimmyb

jimmyb Milija Aleksic

First time I looked at that image, I was concentrating on the lower tier. The difference in distance to the pitch from the stands doesn't appear to be so huge after all and the rake is, if anything, marginally shallower at the new WHL than at the Olympic stadium.

For some reason, I didn't pay any attention to the upper tier. And yet that's where you can see the biggest difference. Now that I've looked properly, it's really quite striking how much closer, steeper, higher and potentially more intimidating our stadium will be.

18. jimmyb

jimmyb Milija Aleksic

RMB2007 on skyscraper city also did this comparison between the two stadium plans:

[​IMG]

19. P.D.

P.D. Mauricio Taricco

City have now announced plans to add 7K seats taking capacity to 54K with eventual plans to reach 70K, we need to hurry up.

20. Crawley

Crawley Board Legend

Yeh, buuuuut...............that just means more empty seats than there were before, surely?:)

Either that, or pie consumption is up and their fans will need two seats each before long.