• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

Jordinho

Ron Henry
Staff member
Some interesting links/documents:

Planning Applications
Design and Access
Bowl and Layout
South Stand
VIP Areas
Facilities
NFL Facilities
Scale and External Appearance
Facade and Technical
Sun Hours

This was the old plan:

Old Planning Applications

The site is currently occupied by a number of different uses, including the existing Tottenham Hotspurs FC football stadium, commercial and residential units, and will require extensive demolition works. The project will proceed in a number of stages, the key stages are:

· Northern Buildings Demolition – Q3-Q4 2010
· Northern Retail Developments – `Q1-Q4 2011 (includes junction improvements)
· Stadium Build First Phase – Q2 2011-Q3 2013
· North Stand Existing Stadium demolition and lay pitch – Q2-Q3 2013
· Demolition Remainder of Existing Stand – Q2-Q3 2013
· Complete Stadium Second Phase – Q3 2013 – Q3 2014
· Southern Residential Development – Q3 2014 – Q3 2016

tottenhamstadium.jpg

1pwQX.gif

11h4ebk.jpg

8yx9ux.jpg

1245070_KSS_Tottenham_Hotspur_White_Hart_Lane.jpg

2Wt8q.jpg

257g46g.jpg

21cunb6.jpg

112c380.jpg

A-US9UnCIAA4LW-.jpg

BA0zGPhCUAAR5rd.png:large

8449596784_a59a4931d6_b.jpg

10483_Sainsburys-at-Northumberland-Park.JPG

Joint Statement - Tottenham Hotspur Football Club And Haringey Council

New 106 Document

A Plan For Tottenham

Swiss Ramble Blog on Tottenham's Finances

Safe Standing Campaign

News articles:

Tottenham Hotspur stadium plan drops hotel for college and more flats

Funding pledge helps Spurs commit to stay in Tottenham

Tottenham close to £400m stadium sponsorship

Spurs’ plans for a Wembley Way ‘could see homes demolished’

Spurs in bid to drop affordable housing quota

Architect behind the anonymous European Commission complaint calls for an urgent review of the Olympic legacy

Tottenham Hotspur And Sainsbury's Announce New Store As Part Of New Stadium Scheme

Wembley deal is on for Spurs

Spurs granted right to remove final business in the way of new ground

A new primary free school will be based in a Tottenham housing development to be built by Spurs as part of its new stadium plan.

Mayor Praises Tottenham Transformation

Your Club Driving Major Sport Led Regeneration In Tottenham

Planning Application For Brook House Site

Degree Courses Kick Off At Spurs

New Tottenham stadium on course for construction - Spurs chase Chinese and Qatari funding in a bid to kick-start the Northumberland Development Project

New Spurs Stadium To Kick Off Major Homes Plan For Tottenham

Home Win

Mayor Welcomes Report Urging Bold Action For Tottenham

New school places and dozens of jobs included in plans for major development in Tottenham

Re: Northumberland Development Project

A very fine post from a year ago:

Below I have tried to summarise the main points from the new planning proposal that can be found on Harringey's website here:

http://www.minutes.haringey.gov.uk/mgConvert2PDF.aspx?ID=25189

Some of this will duplicate what is already stated in this thread but it might save some of you trawling through the document(s) on Harringey's website and also across several pages of this thread. Anyway the salient points are below:

1. Dates are now being proposed:

Supermarket start in Autumn 2012, complete in 2014
Stadium start in summer 2013, complete in 2016
Southern development start in 2016 following the demolition of the existing stadium (no date for completion).

2. Confirmation that the club are no longer having to pay the ?ú16 million from the agreed section 106 agreement (now being met by council/mayors fund).

3. 85 new flats, all 1 and 2 bed units, zero allocated to social housing

4. Shuttle buses to operate between the new stadium and Tottenham Hale/7 sisters and a Piccadilly Line station (Turnpike Lane perhaps?)

5. An obligation to allocate up to 2,500 extra season tickets to Harringey residents and 2,500 Enfield residents for the first year in the new stadium. Additionally THFC will not charge any Harringey or Enfield residents to be on a season ticket waiting list

6. The permission to hold 'a number' of non football events (doesn't say how many).

7. The council is to work with Network Rail, the mayor and TfL to build a new ticket hall at the southern end of the existing WHL platforms with a 'transformed public realm linking to the new stadium' (down Whitehall Road - i.e. the Wembley way type thing) that would approach the stadium smack bang in the middle of the new West Stand.

8. The council are to re-name WHL station to a name agreed by THFC (I guess "Tottenham Hotspur Station"?)

9. The council are to seek Network Rail's agreement to fund selective door opening at Northumberland Park station to facilitate stopping for trains longer than the existing platform length.

10. The council are to use reasonable endevours to secure the renaming of the section of White Hart Lane (the road) between the existing station and the high road to a name agreed by THFC. (I am guessing to try to have as little as possible around the stadium referring to White Hart Lane - to maximise impact of 'naming rights').

11. THFC now owns all the land required for the stadium other than some land owned by the council (terms for sale already agreed) and one piece of land owned by a third party interest (which may require CPO to purchase).

12. The club have committed to 77% of the main part of the journey to WHL to be by 'non car' mode. If that is not achieved by the end of the first season then we have to agree and fund additional transport measures (this is to be agreed with the council). It is THFCs responsibility to carry out the surveys for this. This has to happen until 5 consecutive seasons pass with us achieving the 77% benchmark

13. The new section 106 has increased obligations for construction jobs and apprentiships being first made available to local residents (target is 50 apprentiships for Harringey and Enfield residents).

14. The old section 106 had a provision for THFC to pay ?ú1.1 million for improvements to the school located next to the southern part of the development and a further ?ú100k to be allocated to schools in London borough of Enfield. This has all been removed (and justified by fact that the housing units will be 1 and 2 bed units and not social housing - so unlikely to house families with children).

15. The planning officer is recommending our revised plans (but obviously it has to go before the council and also the mayors office funding be ratified by national government).

16. The council commissioned Grant Thornton to carry out a study of our original and revised plans. The original plan showed a large gap between build costs and level of debt we would be able to raise/sustain. The new plans show no funding gap after the removal of the section 106 costs and increased scope of enabling development.

17. THFC are to provide electric charging points for a portion of the car parking spaces created on the site (number and location to be approved by council).

18. THFC are to pay the council's and TfL's legal costs.

19. If we do not end up building a new stadium then we have to reimburse the council ?ú1.4 million to pay for the highway and CPZ works incurred by the council to help facilitate the development of the Supermarket site.

20. THFC have to implement 'temporary land uses' including 'publically accessible open space, leisure uses and landscaping' on the cleared land that is not required for the Supermarket site.

21. THFC to run a minimum of 12 community events a year on the podium and public access space. The space is also to be available to public access at a minimum of between 8am and 8pm, on 364 days a year.

22. THFC to procure the operation of a 'Car Club' for 3 years from first occupation of the residential development (I'm guessing some sort of 'Street Car' type franchise?) and for THFC to pay the cost of membership for 1 year for all first residential occupiers living in the development who elect to join this club.

23. THFC to offer to lease the local care trust at least 1,000 square metres of floorspace in the Southern development for at least 25 years on market terms minus the initial 6 months free.

Seems that we really are now on the verge of getting this done!

Makes it all so much more real - great work putting it all in one thread like this!

I can't help feeling a little excited and sad at the same time - the new stadium looks awesome - but it sure will be sad to see WHL flattened, despite all it's flaws. The charm of an old, run down stadium will obviously be lost, but it looks as if they model the new design (inside the new stadium) on proper, old school football stadiums, which will hopefully ensure that the atmosphere will be similar to WHL. This again obviously depends on the supporters' ability to make noise as well, but that's a whole different story.

Confused why we need a new thread, can explanation be placed on thread moving to classics please. Considering the photo taking, I reckon Jimmy gonna go ape PMSL

Went to WHL on sat - that building being built outside WHL station - is that the sainsburys?

Looks a bit fudgein big - I mean how much stuff can you need to fit in one roof?

Makes it all so much more real - great work putting it all in one thread like this!

I can't help feeling a little excited and sad at the same time - the new stadium looks awesome - but it sure will be sad to see WHL flattened, despite all it's flaws. The charm of an old, run down stadium will obviously be lost, but it looks as if they model the new design (inside the new stadium) on proper, old school football stadiums, which will hopefully ensure that the atmosphere will be similar to WHL. This again obviously depends on the supporters' ability to make noise as well, but that's a whole different story.

It was already on one thread!

But seeing all the pics on the same page allows for easier comparison.

And, to be honest, there is comparatively little history in the actual bricks and mortar of most of the current WHL. Other than the Shelf side, there is no part of the stadium that was in existence before the 1980's. The two ends were erected as recently as 1994-98. And even the Shelf side was redeveloped almost beyond recognition in the late 80's.

So when the current WHL is demolished, it'll be more the bidding farewell to the precise location (albeit only moving 100-150 yards north) that causes a lump in my throat more than the disappearance of the actual structure.

Confused why we need a new thread, can explanation be placed on thread moving to classics please. Considering the photo taking, I reckon Jimmy gonna go ape PMSL

Ha!

I didn't think we needed a new thread either. But I'm not really bothered. Whatever suits the mods.

Went to WHL on sat - that building being built outside WHL station - is that the sainsburys?

Looks a bit fudgein big - I mean how much stuff can you need to fit in one roof?

I've no idea what's being built outside WHL station.

The new Sainsburys is 150 metres or so directly north of the current stadium, along Northumberland Park, between the High Road and Worcester Avenue.

And yes, it is pretty big. But don't forget that it's not just a Sainsburys. There will also be some kind of college housed there. And a "brand centre" (whatever that is) with showrooms / offices etc.

I've no idea what's being built outside WHL station.

The new Sainsburys is 150 metres or so directly north of the current stadium, along Northumberland Park, between the High Road and Worcester Avenue.

And yes, it is pretty big. But don't forget that it's not just a Sainsburys. There will also be some kind of college housed there. And a "brand centre" (whatever that is) with showrooms / offices etc.

Thats intresting. Like you say I thought the sainsburys was nearer to the stadium. So unsure of that building. Whatever it is - its been built very quickly.

The other Sainsbury's has parking for something like 400 cars, yet is smaller than this build. Did I read that the total on the roof is 400 also.

is he just confusing the two? i doubt any work is happening right outside the whl train st?

also of all the pictures isnt the best one missing......

It was already on one thread!

But seeing all the pics on the same page allows for easier comparison.

And, to be honest, there is comparatively little history in the actual bricks and mortar of most of the current WHL. Other than the Shelf side, there is no part of the stadium that was in existence before the 1980's. The two ends were erected as recently as 1994-98. And even the Shelf side was redeveloped almost beyond recognition in the late 80's.

So when the current WHL is demolished, it'll be more the bidding farewell to the precise location (albeit only moving 100-150 yards north) that causes a lump in my throat more than the disappearance of the actual structure.

Yes, that's what I meant! Don't blame me, I'm Norwegian! :-"

Good points about the stadium as well, but for me, whose first visit to WHL was in 1999, this is the stadium I know and love (strangely enough). My sceptisism about modern, sanitised/corporatised stadiums, also adds a bit of weight to the fear of losing something good and replacing it with something bigger and more modern - but overall worse.

From the photos and drawings, it looks as if it will be a proper football stadium though. So I'm optimistic. But I'll still miss WHL, even if it's practically a pretty new football ground as well!

Yes, that's what I meant! Don't blame me, I'm Norwegian! :-"

Good points about the stadium as well, but for me, whose first visit to WHL was in 1999, this is the stadium I know and love (strangely enough). My sceptisism about modern, sanitised/corporatised stadiums, also adds a bit of weight to the fear of losing something good and replacing it with something bigger and more modern - but overall worse.

From the photos and drawings, it looks as if it will be a proper football stadium though. So I'm optimistic. But I'll still miss WHL, even if it's practically a pretty new football ground as well!

Yeah.....I fully understand that, for some fans, WHL as it is now is all they have known and it will therefore tug at the heartstrings when it is demolished.

Back