• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

Tottenham’s average home league attendance for the 2017/18 season was 68k.

So basically we needed to double WHL!
Ok that makes me feel better! The refund angle has skewed it this year, I think any club that offered season ticket holders an option rather than a commitment would see a decline.

Announcing Wembley as the contingency for the rest of the season makes me feel that it is still nowhere near ready so am preparing myself for that. Any sooner will be a huge boost for everyone and I’m sure the real root cause / responsible persons will never really be confirmed publically.

Although it doesn’t excuse the failure to deliver anywhere near the time stated it will be all forgotten once we get in.

I know it's been discussed but I still don't get how a delay to a safety system can take a year to fix (if it's next season), we built most of it in less than that. I get some wires are hard to reach and there's 50 odd KM's of them but even so that's a huge delay.

Announcing Wembley as the contingency for the rest of the season makes me feel that it is still nowhere near ready so am preparing myself for that. Any sooner will be a huge boost for everyone and I’m sure the real root cause / responsible persons will never really be confirmed publically.

Although it doesn’t excuse the failure to deliver anywhere near the time stated it will be all forgotten once we get in.

Que sera, sera, mate. We'll get there.

I lost my trust in Levy on the on-pitch side of things a long time ago. But I trust him with this side of things - he's competent enough to see it through, it's losing him money with each passing day and I don't blame him for these delays. Little he can do, really.

But I want to see him extract his pound of f*cking flesh from whichever incompetent or outright negligent ars*wipes screwed this up this badly. That, I sorely want to see.

I lost my trust in Levy on the on-pitch side of things a long time ago. But I trust him with this side of things - he's competent enough to see it through, it's losing him money with each passing day and I don't blame him for these delays. Little he can do, really.

But I want to see him extract his pound of f*cking flesh from whichever incompetent or outright negligent ars*wipes screwed this up this badly. That, I sorely want to see.

I wonder if reading this thread will make you lose what trust you do have...:eek:

P

I have wondered if we would have seen more investment in pursuit of top 4 rather than improving on it even since Redknapp took us to the promised land. I love the fact that we are a genuine sustainable club but sometimes there are intangibles regarding letting players go cheap / paying premiums for extra ordinary players in positions we are weak. I’ve worked for lots of big firms and their approach is similar, the biggest outride offer you will get is when you hand in your notice and the firm will then pay an agent the 20% they’ve offered you to recruit someone who can comfortable earn more at the top of the band as they haven’t been an internal promotion. Controls are there for a reason but sometimes they are too rigid and flawed. Ditto hiring contractors for years on end for headcount calculations.

Totally agree on the retribution, both financially and reputationally. This may even fall on Levy himself at bonus time too.

95% of what he does is fantastic, perhaps we could do with a sporting director just to help grease the external relationships and football needs to allow Levy to focus on all the great financial decisions he makes.

Last bit for now....The one from this morning that offers a glimpse of hope..until you realise that this has generally been on point so far....

@Bedfordspurs i'd love to get your views on whether the above is likely/possible...same q to anyone else that's ever been involved in installing fire safety systems in large construction projects

:(

TYCO are the world largest company in that sector and do not have a bad rep for their products... that’s dribble...

I’m not a fan of them as their difficult to deal with but their products are the industry standard pretty much.

If they have put in a new design panel it’s highly unlikely they would be trialing a new product. I also can’t see how passing it onto a management contractor would make the system work anymore than it would through direct procurement

I asked the JCI guys and I get on well with them and it really was a blanket reposted of it’s ongoing and we can’t talk about it. TBF I was talking to their guys about integrating chiller controls with the BMS which already has their sprinkler system integrated. I should add that the building is bigger than Wembley, is a critical infrastructure site and is constantly monitored to a level you wouldn’t dream of.

I’ll add to the previous comment that I don’t think we will invest any money pkaying side until we know the bill for NWHL... in fact I think we would be mad too to be fair

TYCO are the world largest company in that sector and do not have a bad rep for their products... that’s dribble...

I’m not a fan of them as their difficult to deal with but their products are the industry standard pretty much.

If they have put in a new design panel it’s highly unlikely they would be trialing a new product. I also can’t see how passing it onto a management contractor would make the system work anymore than it would through direct procurement

I asked the JCI guys and I get on well with them and it really was a blanket reposted of it’s ongoing and we can’t talk about it. TBF I was talking to their guys about integrating chiller controls with the BMS which already has their sprinkler system integrated. I should add that the building is bigger than Wembley, is a critical infrastructure site and is constantly monitored to a level you wouldn’t dream of.

I’ll add to the previous comment that I don’t think we will invest any money pkaying side until we know the bill for NWHL... in fact I think we would be mad too to be fair

Thanks...phew, feels a bit better hearing that, maybe we can still open in March after all....

No offense, but the Twitter user you've plastered all over this thread seems like nothing more than an attention seeking loser.

I'm not an electrical engineer, but I can tell that much.

What makes you call the Twitter user an attention-seeker? What are you basing this on? Haven't followed him too much (am not on Twitter myself)..

EDIT - I do remember he was one of the first that said he couldn't see how we'd open before March due to the fire alarm system problems..

I guess Bedford’s post puts to bed the notion that Levy was being cheap by choosing TYCO, rather than their ability to be able to fix the mess they’ve made still this season.

Tyco are not cheap. Their the equivalent of BMW/Audi in the industry

You can buy bespoke and you buy off the shelf.

Tyco will offer you all of that. There is protec for example who offer an alternative and a re privately owned British product, much like Aston Martin used to be. But once you buy it it they are the only people who can touch it. Or you an get a basic BAFe approved system that is compliant but anyone with an access code can touch an edit it.

But why apply for larger crowds at Wembley and make a statement if they were confident they wouldn't need to?

Just makes me think they aren't confident at all now. The next statement due is key imo. If its "next three more games" and similar to the last statement then it's Wembley all season.
I can't see why they would have a familiarisation test though for all those fans.

I should add that by way of reference I dont do fire alarms perse for a living. I do commercial and procurement consultancy. I work with people like CBRE, JLL, Balfour Beatty, G4S and their clientele under their FM and Corporate real estate side to fix supplier related problems.

Im currently working on prisons, schools, and hospitals for a client and they all have very complicated and critical hire end fire and security systems. Some are from Tyco ADT (prisons in particular), all be a lot of the prisons now use a fireworks demist system thats been MOJ specified

The sprinkler guys at the NWHl are the old Wormauld Ansell business sim sure (now owned by Tyco). They see to work for me when I worked for Tesco across the DC's and we only ever had one issue which strangely enough was sprinkler head replacements. But their software and panels were regularly upgraded and maintained

Last edited:
I should add that by way of reference I dont do fore alarms per se for a living. I do commercial and procurement consultancy. I work with people like CBRE, JLL, Balfour Beatty, G4S and their clientele under their FM and Corporate real estate side to fix supplier related problems.

Im currently working on prisons, schools, and hospitals for a client and they all have very complicated and critical hire end fire and security systems. Some are from Tyco ADT (prisons in particular), all be a lot of the prisons now use a fireworks demist system thats been MOJ specified

The sprinkler guys at the NWHl are the old Wormauld Ansell business sim sure (now owned by Tyco). They see to work for me when I worked for Tesco across the DC's and we only ever had one issue which strangely enough was sprinkler head replacements. But their software and panels were regularly upgraded and maintained
I wonder did anyone try turning it off and back on again. Generally works for me.

Back