• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next 9 League Games

30 Jan Watford (H)
2 Feb Saudi Sportswashing Machine (H)
10 Feb Leicester (H)
13 Feb Dortmund (H)

Nice big break

23 Feb Burnley (A)
27 Feb Chelsea (A)
2 Mar Arsenal (H)
5 Mar Dortmund (A)
9 Mar Southampton (A)
17 Mar Palace (H) (FA Cup 6th round weekend, Palace may still be involved)

International break

31 Mar Liverpool (A)

Assuming that Son is back for Watford, Harry’s magically self-repairing ankle has him back for Chelsea and Dele is back for Arsenal, this week should be the nadir or our season.

Next two games are hard as fcuk. Watford are cnuts and raise their game for us and Saudi Sportswashing Machine love playing away to us. Wouldn't put it past two freakish losses for these two, which would be disastrous. Need Son back for Wednesday without fail otherwise we will have zero threat again.

I also worry about Wednesday. I think we will beat Nuke-castle but Watford will be after 3 points. As for today? Reminds me of when we lost away to Southampton under Hoddle for some reason. Thank GHod Harry K will be back in a month's time, because it will be between us and ManU for 4th.

Next two games are hard as fcuk. Watford are cnuts and raise their game for us and Saudi Sportswashing Machine love playing away to us. Wouldn't put it past two freakish losses for these two, which would be disastrous. Need Son back for Wednesday without fail otherwise we will have zero threat again.

I think we've had our downturn, we're going to pick up again, starting with Son back.

lloris; aurier, toby, jan, rose; dier, winks; lamela, eriksen, moura; son -- that's 7 players who didn't play today, 2 who only played 45 minutes and 1 who only played 60. Moura only played 80 too.

They should be relatively fresh and put in some intense and slick football to overcome Watford at Wembley. Then we can bounce from a good performance there into the next couple of games. Before you know it, we'll be 10 points clear in the champs. league places and 6 clear of 4th place, sitting pretty in 3rd with the injuries starting to clear up.

When we have our players available and they are in good form, we're a top side. No need for us to worry too much imo.

So much for Ship of Theseus' nadir.

We've done very well to get through the Fulham-Watford-Saudi Sportswashing Machine stretch with three wins. Given that we're (for one day at least) second in a two-team title race involving two clubs not named Tottenham Hotspur, we've managed to recover from the domestic cup exits quite nicely.

It really now comes down to one game at a time and I'd still make the PL matches the priority. GHod love the CL, but having a go at it really comes down to having a comfortable situation domestically and a healthy squad. We have earned a mildly comfortable situation in the PL, but not enough of a cushion to be pushing our luck with an all-out go against Dortmund.

Looking at the fixture list posted above, we really don't have one easy PL game through the Mar. 31 visit to Anfield. Not one match you'd look at and say, 'Right, starters - hit the pool. Reserves on'. Or pass out the 'keepers gloves with the words 'Llorente? Portiere, por favor.'

The league position has to be protected. Everything else is expendable.

Until next season.

So much for Ship of Theseus' nadir.

We've done very well to get through the Fulham-Watford-Saudi Sportswashing Machine stretch with three wins. Given that we're (for one day at least) second in a two-team title race involving two clubs not named Tottenham Hotspur, we've managed to recover from the domestic cup exits quite nicely.

It really now comes down to one game at a time and I'd still make the PL matches the priority. GHod love the CL, but having a go at it really comes down to having a comfortable situation domestically and a healthy squad. We have earned a mildly comfortable situation in the PL, but not enough of a cushion to be pushing our luck with an all-out go against Dortmund.

Looking at the fixture list posted above, we really don't have one easy PL game through the Mar. 31 visit to Anfield. Not one match you'd look at and say, 'Right, starters - hit the pool. Reserves on'. Or pass out the 'keepers gloves with the words 'Llorente? Portiere, por favor.'

The league position has to be protected. Everything else is expendable.

Until next season.

It was the week of cup exits which I suggested would be a nadir, and we seem to be bouncing back as forecast. Not that I disagree with anything else you say here.

We can beat Liverpool at Anfield... Could be our biggest game in recent memory, depending on results between now and then of course.
That’s the problem though mate, for seasons we’ve had the ability to beat them at Anfield but we never do - it’s these sort of games why we get called bottlers, the ones that really matter. If we win at Anfield and get something at City assuming we are around where we are now in the league we would have to be taken seriously for the title.....

We can beat Liverpool at Anfield... Could be our biggest game in recent memory, depending on results between now and then of course.

All I ever ask up there is a fair ref. If we have a fit first 11 we can boss them like we did last year but knowing this season we won’t have our key players as someone will get bloody injured

I’d argue city away is harder as we have crumbled up there a few times

All I ever ask up there is a fair ref. If we have a fit first 11 we can boss them like we did last year but knowing this season we won’t have our key players as someone will get bloody injured

I’d argue city away is harder as we have crumbled up there a few times

Good thing is we have 2 of our finest in cotton wool at the moment whilst theirs are being run into the ground. We both have 2 weeks off prior to the fixture though so I imagine both teams will be fresh(ish).

Could next weekend be crucial?

Fulham vs Man Utd
Huddersfield vs Arsenal
Liverpool vs Bournemouth
Us vs Leicester
Emirates Marketing Project vs Chelsea

If we win we could have an almost unassailable lead for Chelsea...or close the gap with City if Chelsea turn them over...

So...Must win ?!

Could next weekend be crucial?

Fulham vs Man Utd
Huddersfield vs Arsenal
Liverpool vs Bournemouth
Us vs Leicester
Emirates Marketing Project vs Chelsea

If we win we could have an almost unassailable lead for Chelsea...or close the gap with City if Chelsea turn them over...

So...Must win ?!

The round after is quite crucial if we're to have any chance.

Burnley-Tottenham
Man United-Liverpool

Everton-Emirates Marketing Project will be played this Wednesday because of the Carlingabao cup final.

The round after is quite crucial if we're to have any chance.

Burnley-Tottenham
Man United-Liverpool

Everton-Emirates Marketing Project will be played this Wednesday because of the Carlingabao cup final.

Sheet; i forgot about this week's extra game for Emirates Marketing Project....any hope Silva and Everton can curtail Pep? Nah, me neither...

Back