• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Moussa Sissoko

Well, there's no better way to engineer a move out of this club than to lay down the gauntlet to Poch, which is effectively what he has done :

"Once again, what I want is for everything to be clear. If the manager is no longer counting on me, if he thinks that other players are better, then he should say it.
"I fell from a high point this season. Even though I never thought I would play all the games, I was not expecting such a small amount of playing time.

"It was the worst season of my career even though as a team it was certainly the best, so it's weird. We'll talk with my agent to make the best decision. My goal is to go to the 2018 World Cup."
One thing Sissoko has asked for, though, is an honest appraisal from Tottenham manager Mauricio Pochettino about where his future lies this summer.

"I would like him to communicate better," he added.

"I want a completely honest conversation to see what they plan to do, what they are seeing in terms of my future. From that moment on, everything will be clearer in my head."
http://www.skysports.com/football/n...ason-at-tottenham-was-the-worst-of-his-career

Fair comments, not said anything out of turn there....
I find it hard to imagine that Poch hasn't explained to him why he's not getting more playing time. All our other players seem to understand and have bought into the structure we have, has Poch just left Sissoko out of his communication?

I doubt it.

I find it hard to imagine that Poch hasn't explained to him why he's not getting more playing time. All our other players seem to understand and have bought into the structure we have, has Poch just left Sissoko out of his communication?

I doubt it.
I think that's speculation on your part. There isn't another 'established' player that's been as underused as Sissoko I'd imagine in our squad? The younger players not getting much game time aren't going to complain much, someone in his situation is more likely to question whether it's worth him being here....

I think that's speculation on your part. There isn't another 'established' player that's been as underused as Sissoko I'd imagine in our squad? The younger players not getting much game time aren't going to complain much, someone in his situation is more likely to question whether it's worth him being here....
It is speculation, it's also using Occam's Razor.

The alternative is that a talented and successful manager like Poch asked Levy for a £30M player and then benched him without at any point telling him why he was benched and what he needs to do to get playing time.

It makes for a very unlikely scenario.

Just as
Well, there's no better way to engineer a move out of this club than to lay down the gauntlet to Poch, which is effectively what he has done :

"Once again, what I want is for everything to be clear. If the manager is no longer counting on me, if he thinks that other players are better, then he should say it.
"I fell from a high point this season. Even though I never thought I would play all the games, I was not expecting such a small amount of playing time.

"It was the worst season of my career even though as a team it was certainly the best, so it's weird. We'll talk with my agent to make the best decision. My goal is to go to the 2018 World Cup."
One thing Sissoko has asked for, though, is an honest appraisal from Tottenham manager Mauricio Pochettino about where his future lies this summer.

"I want a completely honest conversation to see what they plan to do, what they are seeing in terms of my future. From that moment on, everything will be clearer in my head."
http://www.skysports.com/football/n...ason-at-tottenham-was-the-worst-of-his-career

Wow, I think most people would agree he's been given too much playing time! Be interesting to know which player he thinks he should be replacing in the first eleven!

It is speculation, it's also using Occam's Razor.

The alternative is that a talented and successful manager like Poch asked Levy for a £30M player and then benched him without at any point telling him why he was benched and what he needs to do to get playing time.

It makes for a very unlikely scenario.
Out of curiosity why would Sissoko ask for Poch to confirm he's not in his plans and for him to provide some clarity when really Poch has been as open as you suggest? How many talented and successful managers have frozen players out, not communicated properly with them? There's countless stories of that happening....

Out of curiosity why would Sissoko ask for Poch to confirm he's not in his plans and for him to provide some clarity when really Poch has been as open as you suggest? How many talented and successful managers have frozen players out, not communicated properly with them? There's countless stories of that happening....

Because he is trying to talk his way out of the club and deflect blame for his failure here

The reported added that bit about having already spoken to the manager, not Sissoko. Looking purely at the bits in quotes, it looks more like he's saying the manager hasn't spoken to him about it at all.

I thought Poch has been quite clear on this. He is nowhere as effective as Alli, Son, Eriksen or Lamela. He also needs time to blend with the team. Isnt this the highest ever finish in the EPL he has had?

I thought Poch has been quite clear on this. He is nowhere as effective as Alli, Son, Eriksen or Lamela. He also needs time to blend with the team. Isnt this the highest ever finish in the EPL he has had?
Well he did say it was his best season with a team....

Fair comments, not said anything out of turn there....

What he's said isn't out of turn, agreed. The problem lies more with WHO he's said it to.

Appreciate it's journo talk, but "I would like him (Poch) to communicate better," is not the best line to spill out publicly and behind his bosses back (perhaps).

If i have an issue at work with a superiors treatment of me, I might have a whinge to a close colleague i can trust, maybe moan over a lunchtime pint to a couple, but i wouldn't start telling all and sundry about my problems with him. As I understand it Poch's door is always open. If he wants to discuss his frustrations, go and do it with Poch first before you tell the papers all about them.

Last edited:
Trainer harder, apply yourself more and not actually be utter brick when you're in the team, do these three things and you might actually get game time

That's what I'd say to him

Saudi Sportswashing Machine due second payment on Moussa Sissoko - and will get £30million in full even if he moves

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/spor...CID=ios_ChronicleNewsApp_AppShare_Click_Other

Back