• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Moussa Sissoko

But the guy is hopeless; isn't that what you tell us... Two left feet... can't control a ball; can't pass; can't shoot...

Even a half-fit Dier should therefore be a shoe-in to replace him, let alone one who has been training for at least a month now.
What on earth are you on about? I think Sissoko was probably our player of the season last year. Stop being a tit!

Can someone please explain something which continues to baffle me. The usual suspects have always told us that Sissoko was in the team last year because of our midfield injury crisis and he would be warming his backside on the bench, or even in the stands, as soon as our midfielders were back.

Yet yesterday - a watershed game - he starts the game when the likes of Dier, Wanyama and Lamela were only named as substitutes despite being fully fit.

So please enlighten a confused soul....

Simple really, there are/were some fans who went over the top in their opinions of him and their slagging, they dug their holes so deep they can not really climb out of them without losing face.

From Bayern press conference

Poch on Sissoko's new contract

It’s a decision from the club and the player to sign a contract.

https://www.football.london/tottenham-hotspur-fc/spurs-bayern-pochettino-press-live-17003990

Hardly a ringing endorsement...

Unless we are looking to immediately offload a player, keeping their contract length extended is a good financial decision.

I genuinely believe Levy was distracted by the stadium and that has put us in the uncomfortable position with Toby, Jan, Eriksen, he will likely not make that mistake again.

https://www.football.london/tottenham-hotspur-fc/spurs-bayern-pochettino-press-live-17003990

That's not exactly what he said though is it. And not in context. Taken like that you could say he doesn't endorse Jan staying.

“I am open to everything, but that is a dealing between the club, him and his agent,” Pochettino said.

Last edited:

Hardly an objective observation and yet another bias-filled comment that confirm's @parklane1 insightful remark:

Simple really, there are/were some fans who went over the top in their opinions of him and their slagging, they dug their holes so deep they can not really climb out of them without losing face.

Poch was not speaking about the player's ability but the fact that a long extension was given to a player over 30 years of age - something which is a seismic change from Levy.

Speak about twisting facts to justify an old worn-out trope....

Hardly an objective observation and yet another bias-filled comment that confirm's @parklane1 insightful remark:

Poch was not speaking about the player's ability but the fact that a long extension was given to a player over 30 years of age - something which is a seismic change from Levy.

Speak about twisting facts to justify an old worn-out trope....

Or just observing the situation and reading into it a possible reasoning?

Because lets be honest, its not because he is actually a good footballer is it?

Now let me think who's opinions on football I respect more.... Pochettino's?... or yours? Hmmmm that's a really tough one!

200w_d.gif

Back