1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice

Moussa Sissoko

Discussion in 'Spurs News & Views' started by Jordinho, 31 Aug 2016.

1. DeanoAustin

DeanoAustin Roman Pavlyuchenko

It was a loaded statement more than a conditional one. I also think there is only one person “nitpicking” the assist.

Finney Is Back likes this.
  2. papaspur

papaspur Neil Ruddock

OK, I can concede that "hate" is a strong word so you can substitute a milder word/phrase if you want. I'm really not sure what you mean by it being "a loaded statement" though.

3. Modric THFC

Modric THFC Paul Robinson

What do people think about his tracking back for the McGinn goal. Was it "not his job" in the same way he's isn't supposed to pass the ball?

He seemed to accept he wasnt gonna make it that 3 Villa players against our 3 was fine and just give up.

4. papaspur

papaspur Neil Ruddock

Are you serious?

5. AuroRaman

AuroRaman Jonathan Woodgate

I look forward to the point where Sissoko drops down the pecking order because it means we have 5 more players in the running for GOAT.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

Finney Is Back and papaspur like this.
  6. ricky2tricky4city

ricky2tricky4city Terry Venables

Your last sentence is the key here....why bother saying anything. (In this thread)

Its the Somme...entrenched. Lots written nothing gained.

Bullet and Robspur12 like this.
  7. metalgear

metalgear Chris Perry

as long as we are able to share views and not get personal with the differences - it's all that matters on here.
    poch gets to do with him what he wants.

Sent from my SM-T835 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

papaspur likes this.
  8. Rorschach

Rorschach Terry Dyson

I didn't read the last 4 pages of this thread.

monkeybarry and Raziel like this.
  9. harr1984

harr1984 Pat van den Hauwe

You should. There are plenty of new,original arguments that are being developed:D....

monkeybarry, galeforce and Rorschach like this.
  10. Spur of the moment

Spur of the moment Paul Stalteri

Hands up, I'm probably one of those. Remember posting about a year ago how much I hated him and wanted him out, he's just not Spurs.

Since then I've come to accept he makes a real difference. We need his power, energy, physicality etc. A brilliant athlete who can blitz past opponents or flatten them if they get in his way. Not just that either, he's shown some surprising skills on the ball and is capable dribbling through a ruck of defenders and laying off a decent through ball at the end of it.

And it would be churlish in the extreme not to applaud the way he has battled through abuse and vitriol from the fans to turn things around to the point he was our PotS 2018/19

But here's the rub: much of the time he remains ugly to watch. All arms and legs; crude, miss-timed tackles, over-hit passes and cringe-worthy shots.

It's why part of me can understand @scaramanga and others sticking to their guns and refusing to accept him. Indeed why I too find it hard to totally embrace him, because under my skin I realise he is just not Tottenham.

11. Bishop

Bishop Ilie Dumitrescu

I have not changed my opinion of him as a player. He has undoubtedly improved ten fold from the performances of his first two seasons but that wasn't difficult he total fudging brick.

What has happened to my mind is that change in level has blinded many to his still very apparent deficiencies, he's now a solid 4 out of 10 as our standards of expectation for him have been lowered to such an extent that now a pass that actually makes to a team mate is applauded.

For me it is simple if he were player for a rival team, would I want him based on his performances?

Hell fudging no. He can't pass, he can barely control a ball. Every now and then he goes on a run but has no clue what to do with the ball wants he gets there. When he becomes a good football player I'll rate him him, untill then I want him on the bench.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk

12. glasgowspur

glasgowspur Steve Carr

If you read the first four you've read it all.

13. nayimfromthehalfwayline

nayimfromthehalfwayline Andy Thompson

This plays into an issue I have with the whole argument.

I dont think he is a good footballer, and I certainly dont think he is good enough for the level of team we are (and aspire to be).

This is, in my view, an objective opinion and one Im prepared to evidence.

None of which is to say I dont appreciate the efforts he makes, the rise he has made, or even his contribution to games.

As I said above, its not personal.

It is not even remotely difficult to appreciate the whole personal journey while also not thinking he is a good footballer. The two arent linked.

Well, they shouldnt be, but it seems to me many a supporter cant shake off the sentiment when looking at his ability.

scaramanga likes this.
  14. BrainOfLevy

BrainOfLevy Vedran Corluka

oh good, the ‘he’s a 4/10’ player is coming back around again. You’d think a season of starting in a run to a CL final would have put paid to that but...nah.

Do people realise how hard it is to reach a CL final? Or even to make top 4 season after season?

15. Rorschach

Rorschach Terry Dyson

My point exactly.

16. metalgear

metalgear Chris Perry

and stay fit all the way through
    Sent from my SM-T835 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

17. papaspur

papaspur Neil Ruddock

I was also hesitant about what Sissoko could bring to the team originally. I just felt underwhelmed when I saw him on the teamsheet, especially in important CL games. But any player who sticks it out will at least earn some respect, even if I occasionally groan with their performances. Obviously, he was not great this past Saturday but I thought it was more of a tactics issue... but I still can fault a player for making individual mistakes in that system.

My point is just that I feel like people want him to fail so badly so he can be benched. I'm totally fine if he gets benched due to better options being available despite performing well, but it is sad to see fans being so fickle (who knew).

Anyway, I stated that nothing said here matters: we all know who picks the team. I am not trying to devalue any discussion or debate, but yeah... you guys do you.

18. Modric THFC

Modric THFC Paul Robinson

Did Liverpool keep Djimi Traore in the team after the 2005 CL final?
    Or Jermaine Pennant in 2007?

19. BrainOfLevy

I don’t know, but we actually have kept Sissoko in the team?

20. BrainOfLevy

Sissoko also made game changing contributions in multiple games in the run from an important position, I’m not sure what Djimi or Jermaine did.