• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Morales and Ethics

diego_maradona

Steffen Iversen
Staff member
Given the recent splurge, what's everyone's thoughts?

Exciting sure, but are we becoming a "sugar daddy" club. No different than City, Chelsea or PSG?

Or is it dependant on where the money is coming from? ie. Bale sale.

We losing our identity to some degree losing youngsters and long term players (Hudd, Caulker, Livermore, possibly Townsend)?

What this go to do with morals and ethics?!? Whats 'unethical' about our trasnfer activities this summer?

Thought we were signing the Mexican boxer too for a mo' :D

It's all happening a bit too quickly to be honest (unlike the Bale saga) - haven't had a chance to catch up and think about anything else!

Well we're not paaying them £300k per week so we can rest easy IMO. Unfortunately transfer fees are now inflated, nothing we can do there. In addition, we're not going out for players like Ronaldo, Messi, Falco - we're going out for what I'd consider equivelents to our club - potential super stars.

In regards the youth, not been too lucky in the past no matter how much we've spent.

Exciting sure, but are we becoming a "sugar daddy" club. No different than City, Chelsea or PSG?

We losing our identity to some degree losing youngsters and long term players (Hudd, Caulker, Livermore, possibly Townsend)?

If you look at our work this summer in the market, we've spent nowhere even remotely close to what those clubs spend mate. Agreed, Lewis loosening the strings hasn't hurt us, but this is still not sugar-daddy territory IMO...not yet. As for identity, I'm not sure...possible in one sense, but the likes of Carroll, Kane and Rose are all still in and around the first-team squad...let's see eh?!

Never had a problem with clubs spending big if it's within their means - i believe that's what we're doing this summer so until something suggests otherwise im happy with what we're doing

Its clear we have had a chance to 'really have a go for a while'

easy really Levy did not trust Redknapp & analysed AVB's performance last season....

AVB trusts AVB and is backing him to the hilt...we have the structure in place and its all systems go.

could hardly post yesterday or read others post's...I am that excited I feel like a kid...we are not Chelsea or city but its clear to me we have been sitting on cash reserves and maybe uncle joe is helping us out a bit so what.

we have sold high earners and are doing excellent business...in terms of morals & ethics we pay a lot to see our beloved spurs.....at least our board is trying to ensure we can watch a team that we pay for that is worth it (although admission prices are still a joke) the morals & ethics question in far more relevant for our rivals down the road....

We are having a go......effin love it.

Nothing we have done is unethical, its all about where the money comes from, the route it from/takes and whether its not from the clubs own means.

[video=youtube_share;GmCtci6cen8]http://youtu.be/GmCtci6cen8[/video]

In thus day and age, I'm appalled that someone has a problem with us signing so many ethnics. Go back to your cave Diego.

Bloody hell after years of moaning we don't buy and we will be left behind, is right to sign these players? I know being a Spurs fans requires a degree of self loathing but this reaches new depths.

we haven't seen how the books balance out yet.
if we keep bale and blow the bank, and resort to sugar's cash, you could say we're no different from chelsea.
if we sell bale and reinvest that in better players - then its the same old spurs still balancing the books init?

I'd hate to see Townsend go personally, and I don't understand why we sold Caulker. Hudd and Livermore I couldn't care less about. I personally think that if a sale of Bale can partly finance the once we've gotten, Willian and Lamela (if both of them comes off), then it's allright, in a way. If we're just spending like crazy, and keeping Bale, I'd still be happy, of course, but yeah, I guess it would feel more justified if we actually sold Bale (given us getting Willian and Lamela, of course).

:lol:

Jeez, chill out people. Not necessarily my views, I'm just putting it out there. We will inevitably get this thrown at us by other fans of course.

Personally I'm enjoying it. I think there's nothing wrong with what we've done or how we've conducted ourselves. I think it's fantastic.

But there is a LOT of wholesale changes going on and a lot of player turnaround. I do think there will be a period of settling down and getting to know each other for this newly assembled squad.

From looking around the other threads it seems that there has been an awful lot of prudent activity over the past 3 or 4 years from Levy. As a result we are in a financially strong position. Uncle Joe has "only" (in relative terms) put in £50m - when you look at the way other teams have had investment, £50m is not that large in the grand scheme of things. I still thing we can hold our heads up high because I thing we have grown the team fairly organically since 2005 and we are now beginning to see the fruits of Levy's astute financial management.

Back