• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mediocre player appreciation

i nearly got Dozzell on the back of my shirt when i was a kid - thankfully my Dad talked me out of it

Ruddock was my favorite player at one point, he was on the front cover of some THFC annual i had one season so that was enough - remember bawling my eyes out when we sold him :oops:

frantic_league_jose-dominguez.jpg
Had a great line in celebrations.

Leaning too much towards crap players or cult legends here. We want the really mediocre ones, like Jenas.

Walker, Edinburgh, Nielsen, Leonhardsen. Those that added nothing, but were somehow first choice.

Iverson has already been mentioned. Was a big fan of Simon Davies and Jake Livermore.

Growing up I really liked Paul Stewart!

Iverson has already been mentioned. Was a big fan of Simon Davies and Jake Livermore.

Growing up I really liked Paul Stewart!

Davies was decent considering the quality of our team at the time.

A mate of mine is a Blackpool fan and he tells a story about how he used to see Stewart hobbling around town barely able to walk the day after games, when he was there.

I also really liked sinton, for some reason. Ruel fox too. Nicola berti. Steffen Freund. Iversen. Taricco. Armstrong, never understood why a lot of fans disliked him.

Gerry Brady was a bit of a hero of mine after a great game in the fa cup vs Fulham. Left too soon though. Dean Marney.

I don't consider Simon Davies to fit into this category. Easily one of our best players at the time. Loved him.

The list could go on. Always liked players that gave their all, yet were brick.

Korsten
Dean Richards

Not necessarily mediocre, but never reached the heights mainly due to injuries.

Worst pair of fullbacks for me Fenwick ( El Tel's drinking buddy) Pat ( if it moves kick it) Van den Hauwe

Back