• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Match ratings vs Hull

Lloris - 5 (had nothing to do, but his decision making was wayyyy off)

Walker - 6 (tried)
Dawson - 6.5 (mistake for the goal but saved us repeatedly second half)
Vertonghen - 6 (decent)
Rose - 6 (same as Vertonhghen)

Lennon - 4 (absysmal)
Benteleb - 7.5 (our best player...looked for the ball...played like someone that actually wanted to win)
Paulinho - 6 (performance a 5...plus 1 for good goal)
Eriksen - 6.5 ( decent)

Soldado - 4 (jesus christ...i knew he would fail miserably here but not like this. He can't even use the fact that we don't create as an excuse anymore)
Adebayor - 7 (Well played Ade)

Rating v Hull Tigers . . . .

Lloris..............(5)......Down too early for the goal and some made moment that almost cost us the game.
Walker............(5)......No Composure with the ball, some crazy headless chicken moment. Not one of this best games.
Rose...............(5)......Trying too hard to be tough. Just calm down and play the ball and the space. Got some width in the second half but not much with it.
Vertonghen......(6)......Looked a little off the pace today unsurprisingly. But still some nice calmness on the ball at times.
Dawson...........(5).....Too tight to Jelavic when he had no chance of winning the ball. So nowhere from the flick. Fought hard for the rest of the game and dealt with their high balls.
Bentaleb.........(6).....Some nice passing. His positional play was helped by the fact Hull did not drop anyone in the space behind him. The only one really looking for some insightful quick passes.
Paulinhio.........(6).....As Usual he got into some nice places and looked dangerous at time and also very wasteful. He needs the players behind him so he can roam free.
Lennon...........(5).....Played very infield and because of that seemed to be out of the game almost completely at times. Couple of chances to do something quicker with the ball and he wasted them.
Eriksen...........(6)....Some quality set pieces and delivery but know one to do them justice. had couple of decent runs but on the edge of the game out wide.
Soldaod..........(4).....First half everything he tried failed. Second half he had a chance he snatched at. Played a little better when dropped deep to link to ade. But he is proving to be a complete bust so far.
Adebayor........(6).....Put a fair shift in, held up the ball very well at times but nothing really came off for him but he was trying hard. Hope he is not injured.

Timmy.............(6)....Has to find a way to get us going early in games. Its becoming a worrying trend that we start so slowly. Did not use his subs today until he had to. I feel the lack of game changing talent on the bench forced his hand.

Thoughts:

We bossed possesion but too many off performances from too many players and some players just getting back from injury. Lennon had one of those games and Soldado's little rest has not helped him at all. He never really looks like scoring at all. We look way to un-composed in defence and maybe that is because of the lack of cover in front. We really need Townsend or Lamela back from injury so we can be a little more balanced. Sandro would help as well. Everton now back in front of us and Liverpool have a chance to open a 5 point gap. We need to be Everton next week in a must win game for us now really.

Re: Rating v Hull Tigers . . . .

Lloris - 5

Walker - 5
Dawson - 6
Vertonghen - 6
Rose - 5

Lennon - 4
Paulinho - 6
Bentaleb - 6
Eriksen - 6

Soldado - 4
Adebayor - 6

Ratings vs Hull

Lloris - 5 (had 2 needless attempts to sweep up when the defence were more than in a good position to handle the danger)
Walker - 6 (OK defensively, nothing going forward)
Dawson - 7
Verts - 7 (looked a bit rusty)
Rose - 7 (he gets some questionable calls against him each game due to his strength being able to force opponents off the ball)
Bentaleb - 8 (didn't really get much wrong)
Paulinho - 7 (sure he scored, but he was pretty anonymous throughout.. not sure if he's really suited to play CM)
Lennon - 4 (bsolutely useless performance)
Eriksen - 6 (looks to me to be playing out of position. needs to be more in the centre)
Soldado - 3 (see Lennon)
Ade - 6 (just wasn't on today)

Sherwood - 6 (we needed some changes desperately and the first half was just sloppy)

overall our passing and movement was pretty pathetic. I'm hoping we make two changes for our next one; Townsend for Soldado, and Lamela for Lennon in a 4-2-3-1

I'm hoping we make two changes for our next one; Townsend for Soldado, and Lamela for Lennon in a 4-2-3-1

Yeah I would go for that. Against Everton it is going to be about passing, possesion and a cutting edge. Not sure about Lamela yet but Townsend for sure.

Lloris 5
Walker 5
Dawson 6
Vertonghen 6
Rose 5
Lennon 4
Paulinho 6
Bentaleb 7
Eriksen 6
Adebayor 6
Soldado 3

Lloris 5
Walker 5
Dawson 5
Vertonghen 6
Rose. 5
Lennon 4
Bentaleb 7
Paulinho 6
Eriksen 6
Soldado 4
Ade 7

Surprised to see Eriksen getting generally solid scores - maybe it was just difficult to recognise him on my dodgy stream, but given that he is supposed to be our most creative player I thought he contributed very little... what did he do?

Having been there I may have seen some things better than you who watched on a stream and visa versa but:

Lloris - 6. His kicking was poor in first half but in hindsight can see that wind was a big factor defending that end.

Walker - 7. Lots of lung bursting runs to get forward and create options.

Rose - 7. Got Into some good advanced positions in first half.

Dawson - 7. First half poor, second half much more assured. Again conditions played a huge part. Was very difficult in first half. Anticipated well in second.

Vertonghen - 7. Same problems as daws in first half. Calm and assured; started several attacks by anticipating and winning back ball.

Lennon - 5. Seems bereft of confidence; not getting into positions quickly enough to receive and didn't attempt to go outside full back once.

Paulinho - 6. Took goal very well but remember very little else about him.

Bentaleb - 7. Always positive within ball looking to play into final third. Would like to see him follow that up by a looking to move onto and ahead of return pass.

Eriksen -6. A couple of good dribbles. His set pieces actually looked good but failed to get fully into the game.

Adebayor - 7. Held ball up well Ian parts - always available to play into.

Soldado - 5. Scuffed at great Hanse to win it for us. I was impressed with his movement off the ball in second half, constantly getting into good positions on right hand side.

Sherwood - 6. Hard to pick a different XI. His half time talks are obviously much better than pre game ones!

Overall my abiding memory will be the conditions namely the wind which badly affected us in first half and hull in second. Was a real leveller to be fair and made several accomplished footballers on both sides look like amateurs at times.

Bruce made 2 personnel changes after we scored and that made a difference which meant we were unable to kick on. Several fans around me were calling for subs but not sure who'd have made a massive difference other than a fresh pair of legs. Perhaps Naughton for Lennon with walker pushing on but can understand why no changes were made as always felt confident we wouldn't conceded again having got level.

Lloris - 5 (had nothing to do, but his decision making was wayyyy off)

Walker - 6 (tried)
Dawson - 6.5 (mistake for the goal but saved us repeatedly second half)
Vertonghen - 6 (decent)
Rose - 6 (same as Vertonhghen)

Lennon - 4 (absysmal)
Benteleb - 7.5 (our best player...looked for the ball...played like someone that actually wanted to win)
Paulinho - 6 (performance a 5...plus 1 for good goal)
Eriksen - 6.5 ( decent)

Soldado - 4 (jesus christ...i knew he would fail miserably here but not like this. He can't even use the fact that we don't create as an excuse anymore)
Adebayor - 7 (Well played Ade)

Spot on, I'd either give Lennon a 4.5, the extra half for the fact that he must have been instructed to wander anywhere but the right touchline, thus making himself even more ineffectual.

Soldado looked like a lazy version of Andrew Ridgeley.

Back