• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mark Clattenburg

Am reading about the Society of Black Lawyers getting involved on Mikkels part, is there a Society of White Lawyers too or would that be deemed racist, no doubt in this world it would

What about Chelsea sorting out the fans who broke up chairs, and threw them onto the pitch along with lighters and coins and also injuring a steward, oh no lets deflect all the blame on a ref who suposedly said something that was deemed innapropriate, totally pathetic..

978x.jpg

In our Sunday league any 'chirps' at the ref is a yellow.

Swearing - straight red

A guy recently spat at a ref - banned for life

I worry this case could set a precedent. If a group of players are able to end a refs career by grouping together and putting together some story about alleged racist abuse as they are unhappy with decisions, its going to make referees tread on egg shells and avoid making tough calls. If the balance of power shifts to the players and not the ref it will have grave consequences for football in general

Fergie has being using criticism of the referee and the press to pressure referees for years. Referees afraid of missing out on big games think twice on the close decisions. This action by Chelsea just seems the next level. I'm sure the evidence from their players will evolve over the next few weeks.

Clearly if the allegation is true, Clattenburg is finished. It might be unfair that the Grand Wizard and Bucktooth (this has the makings of a saturday morning cartoon) get to continue after a short ban, but the referee is in a position of authority and that needs respect, unlike captaining Chelsea.

However, if the allegations are proven false they need major sanctions against Chelsea. They have already been accused of fabricating evidence in the Terry case, this is a far more sinister development.

Fergie has being using criticism of the referee and the press to pressure referees for years. Referees afraid of missing out on big games think twice on the close decisions. This action by Chelsea just seems the next level. I'm sure the evidence from their players will evolve over the next few weeks.

Clearly if the allegation is true, Clattenburg is finished. It might be unfair that the Grand Wizard and Bucktooth (this has the makings of a saturday morning cartoon) get to continue after a short ban, but the referee is in a position of authority and that needs respect, unlike captaining Chelsea.

However, if the allegations are proven false they need major sanctions against Chelsea. They have already been accused of fabricating evidence in the Terry case, this is a far more sinister development.

Hopefully the punishment won't be financial - that's of no use at all. I think a 10 point deduction should do it.

[video=youtube;8K_RGPXL8zo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=8K_RGPXL8zo[/video]

so what happens if Clattenburg get's found guilty (of racism) and is sacked from his job as a result ? (as has been mentioned in the press)

how do the powers that be justify sacking a referee but only handing out a 4 game ban to Terry and 8 games to Suarez ?

This is how referees should behave and be treated.

[video=youtube;RXoBNFOxlQM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXoBNFOxlQM&feature=related[/video]

[video=youtube;8K_RGPXL8zo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=8K_RGPXL8zo[/video]

Disgusting. You can see how he falls he has been hurled by the crowd.

Season ticket holders surely, if not with named seats Chelsea should be able to trace the idiots concerned. Failing that, close those front three rows for the next match. I know some good guys who are chelsea fans but too many followers of that club are utter human scum.

In fact, it would not surprise me in the slightest if this is some ruse by terry and whoever else at the club to divert attention.

Is anyone actually surprised Chelsea resorted to a witch hunt against Clattenburg?
They have not started one on a referee for a few years, Frisk, Ovrebo and now Clattenburg.
Not surprised to learn that John Terry was one of those people who stormed the referee's room after the full time whistle - according to The Mirror.
Apparently Mata never heard any Spanish taco comment either according to that Oriol Romeu fella.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/revealed-details-of-mark-clattenburg-vs-1407304

Some interesting lines in the Mirror articles.

If those tacos really assaulted and threatened him - could they be docked points or relegated?

Last edited:
Some interesting lines in the Mirror articles.

If those tacos really assualted and threatened him - could they be docked points or relegated?

If I remember correctly the standard punishment in this kind of incident is to make John Terry captain of the England team

If I remember correctly the standard punishment in this kind of incident is to make John Terry captain of the England team

That made me laugh.

Irrespective of what Clattenburg has done or not, it sounds to me that Chelsea have taken matters into their own hands and crossed a few lines. There are a number of incidents here which they could be punished for. I'd start with point deductions and expulsion from all competitions, followed by public beheadings.

Edit: And reinstatement of Spurs back into the CL. Yes I'm still bitter. The league cup match later this week will be fun.

Well for a start they should be deducted points and fined if allegations are untrue.
After the steward and things thrown on the pitch, a fine and games behind closed doors for a certain time.

So Chelsea filed their complaint to get in first, muddying the water and making Clattenburg's story look like his defence. Its just as well his assistants were also there.

This looks like being an incredible story either way. If Clattenburg succumbed to insults and responded like Suarez and Terry then he can't continue as a referee. But as someone noted, how can that be reconciled with the short bans on Terry and Suarez.

If Mikel was screaming at the referee then he has to get a substantial ban. The involvement of the CEO and manager means the club must be punished, as should Terry for needlessly getting involved (shouldn't he have been celebrating the victory with the United players?). This has to be regardless of the truth of the allegations.

If the allegations are false, then Chelsea must face severe sanctions. I'd take Scara's ten point deduction as the starting point. Expulsion from the league seems more appropriate as such false allegations undermine the game. The problem is that Chelsea are good and "evolving" their stories and it will be hard to prove.

I'm surprised how willing I am to believe that the allegations are false and to over up their visit to the referee and/or the steward assault. I wouldn't believe the same about Arsenal.

So Chelsea filed their complaint to get in first, muddying the water and making Clattenburg's story look like his defence. Its just as well his assistants were also there.

This looks like being an incredible story either way. If Clattenburg succumbed to insults and responded like Suarez and Terry then he can't continue as a referee. But as someone noted, how can that be reconciled with the short bans on Terry and Suarez.

If Mikel was screaming at the referee then he has to get a substantial ban. The involvement of the CEO and manager means the club must be punished, as should Terry for needlessly getting involved (shouldn't he have been celebrating the victory with the United players?). This has to be regardless of the truth of the allegations.

If the allegations are false, then Chelsea must face severe sanctions. I'd take Scara's ten point deduction as the starting point. Expulsion from the league seems more appropriate as such false allegations undermine the game. The problem is that Chelsea are good and "evolving" their stories and it will be hard to prove.

I'm surprised how willing I am to believe that the allegations are false and to over up their visit to the referee and/or the steward assault. I wouldn't believe the same about Arsenal.

=D>

Love it.

Well for a start they should be deducted points and fined if allegations are untrue.
After the steward and things thrown on the pitch, a fine and games behind closed doors for a certain time.

This would be a good starting point. But seriously, I thought that steward pic was a photoshop at first - that's unbelievable and the club should be screwed over just for that.

This smells to me of Chelsea being ****s and being bitter about a decision, which is rather hilarious considering all of the luck and good fortune they have benefitted from over the past year. Maybe we should have accused the ref of racial abuse after he allowed the goal in FA Cup semifinal that never came close to going over? We won't because we aren't scummy ****s.

As for this it should be pretty cut and dry because he has mic on you have 3 other people (minimum) that could have heard exactly what Clattenburg said

Back