• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mac filepath hyperlink wtf?

Bullet

Luka Modric
A designer just joined my company... so we got him a Mac to draw pictures on

Turns out that if I email him a load of links to files on the server...

He can't just click on them, it doesn't work

What the actual f**k??!!!!

It is 2017, Steve Jobs has been dead for years, what is going on?

Google says this rubbish - you shouldn't have to program things to make it work... it should just work surely?
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5365118?start=0&tstart=0

What a joke, does anyone have a simple solution please?

I think he has to have the App installed on the Mac.....coincidence, it happpend last night on my Sons MacBook!
Maybe totally wrong!

I don't know, I just hit Ctrl+K in Outlook and click recent files and click on the filepath, to get a hyperlink to a file on the server

Never really considered what happens, it's just a link to a file on the server innit mate :D

Rubbishness, should have bought him a Lenovo laptop from 2004, I'm sure that could understand what a filepath is

I don't know, I just hit Ctrl+K in Outlook and click recent files and click on the filepath, to get a hyperlink to a file on the server

Never really considered what happens, it's just a link to a file on the server innit mate :D

Rubbishness, should have bought him a Lenovo laptop from 2004, I'm sure that could understand what a filepath is
send me the Mac and I will send you a 2004 Lenovo laptop. Sorted

Back