• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Lymphoma and peoples response - a thank you.

mick cooper

Neil Sullivan
I mentioned recently that I had been diagnosed as having enlarged lymph glands (picked up back in md Dec, when I had a CT scan afer a motorbike accident)

I was warned that this might be as a result of having developed lymphoma or possibly lung cancer - as well as a raft of other possibilities

A lot of very generous people wished me well, and for that I thank you all for doing so, it was warmly received.

I got the all clear yesterday from the cancer aspect - they are still trying to work out the exact cause, but the screening process has eliminated the cancer option

I can go on holiday now in a damn sight better frame of mind

Thank you - to all who wished me well, I'm very grateful for your wishes.

PS - The biopsy also revealed that I am still short, fat and ugly and its probably incurable.

I mentioned recently that I had been diagnosed as having enlarged lymph glands (picked up back in md Dec, when I had a CT scan after a motorbike accident)

I was warned that this might be as a result of having developed lymphoma or possibly lung cancer - as well as a raft of other possibilities

A lot of very generous people wished me well, and for that I thank you all for doing so, it was warmly received.

I got the all clear yesterday from the cancer aspect - they are still trying to work out the exact cause, but the screening process has eliminated the cancer option

I can go on holiday now in a damn sight better frame of mind

Thank you - to all who wished me well, I'm very grateful for your wishes.

PS - The biopsy also revealed that I am still short, fat and ugly and its probably incurable.

That's great news mate, having been through the anguish of cancer myself i know how frighting just the word is let alone the disease

Micky boy - im imagining givin you a hug right now. im hugging myself in front of the mirror

Great news for you (and your family and friends) . It is unfortunately something that touches on a lot of people's lives nowadays , good to hear happy stories sometimes !

Holy crap Mick, I didn't see this in December. Congrats on the results so far mate.

Last edited:
I didn't see that post Mick.....great news mate.

The bottom line in life is without your health you have nothing.

I didn't see that post Mick.....great news mate.

The bottom line in life is without your health you have nothing.

Thanks, tied in with your arthritis thread, one possibility for me is an auto immune failure which could manifest itself in arthritic issues and steroid taking (sarcoidosis) but I have no further evidence to suggest that at the moment.

Couldn't be more happy for you mate, nothing puts things in more perspective than a health scare and I've no doubt its given you a new lease for life

Good to hear. Missed the last thread so read this with a degree of worry. Great to hear. I went through a similar thing, with my family history I shat it. All clear.

Good to hear. Missed the last thread so read this with a degree of worry. Great to hear. I went through a similar thing, with my family history I shat it. All clear.

What's with the Dorothy brick? It's making me angry, confused and unsure of myself.

I missed it as well but congratulations on the good news.

This entirely.

Hopefully you will have more time then you may previously thought/worried and hopefully you can spend the time doing things you love, as that's what it should all really be about.

To be honest, I feel a little bit ashamed of myself for worrying about it, as it was pointed out to me that it could be a number of things that caused the situation, but worst of all options were the cancer issues.

Its the spectre of it all that is the most worrying, but the two biopsy operations that now have left me with 2, 2" scars on my neck didn't help, as reminders whilst waiting on the results.

I'm just an attention seeking nancy boy I guess. It puts in perspective the feelings of people who ACTUALLY have to deal with cancer and the treatment for it.

To be honest, I feel a little bit ashamed of myself for worrying about it

That's ridiculous mate. In the small hours when you can't sleep, the demons creep in. It's only natural to think the worst when you're letting things rattle around your head and haven't been given any concrete answers. Nothing to be ashamed of there.

Back