• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Lucas Moura

Was praised for his defensive work today by Mourinho in the press conference. Perhaps he can make the step up from speed merchant to good footballer. Would be very good news.

I do like him as a player and he offers us a lot of energy, maybe under a new manager he will become the player we all hoped he would be when he came.

So not a whole lot of noise about his goal? Guess we were spoiled a bit last weekend but come on! Thought it was excellent, especially from that angle, absolute rocket giving the keeper no chance.

He doesn't do enough off the ball. Unbelievably lazy player.

I think this is a very harsh view of the work he puts in to games. Whilst I'm not one for stats I do feel he does his fair share of pressing and winning the ball back. Plus the amount of headers he wins for a dude his size is impressive.

Moura can of course come in and out of games and hopefully Jose can get the most he can out of him but man, I just love seeing him pick up the ball on the counter and seeing defenders bricking themselves...

He’s similar to Son that his strengths lie in being a direct runner and making goals for himself, when it doesn’t come off or they aren’t receiving the ball in the final third you tend not to think of them having a good or an ordinary / invisible game.

If we keep playing to their strengths by getting the ball to them early and Moura gets a run of games we will see even more goals I’m sure of it!

He’s similar to Son that his strengths lie in being a direct runner and making goals for himself, when it doesn’t come off or they aren’t receiving the ball in the final third you tend not to think of them having a good or an ordinary / invisible game.

If we keep playing to their strengths by getting the ball to them early and Moura gets a run of games we will see even more goals I’m sure of it!

Son's all round game is a lot better than Moura's. You rarely see Moura pick out a team mate with a pass.

Moura is a natural goalscorer, but I think he needs other players for the opposition to concentrate on to give him that little bit of space to run at.

With Son, Dele and Kane moving and occupying the opposition, he will score quite regularly. If I had to play only one of him and Son, you always get the impression Son solo is more effective than Lucas solo.

Back