1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice

Lucas Moura

Discussion in 'Spurs News & Views' started by Denmark Spur, 31 Jan 2018.

1. nayimfromthehalfwayline

nayimfromthehalfwayline Luka Modric

As you say, agree to disagree. I cant help feeling he has been misused and sold short.

2. galeforce

galeforce Teddy Sheringham

he was busy to start with last night, I think he got lost when Parrott went off as he had to play further forward so had no space to work into

3. nayimfromthehalfwayline

I didnt watch the game, so cant comment on that specifically - but I also note he keeps getting played as a striker and I really dont think it suits him best at all.

galeforce likes this.
  4. fernadez

fernadez Anthony Gardner

Our continued attempt to emulate the classic Quinn and Phillips partnership of yesteryear.

5. Raziel

Raziel Nick Barmby

With Lucas I actually don't think it's game time.

It's what is our pairing? him/Kane, him/Son, what are the playmakers behind them (Dele, Eriksen, Lamela), what tactic do we play with one pacey striker (him or Son), vs. both on?

I'm not a fan of Klopp, but I bet you if you gave him Son, Kane & Lucas in front of Eriksen, Lamela and some cloggers I would be willing to bet we would score twice as many goals.

6. ricky2tricky4city

ricky2tricky4city Michael Carrick

Where do you think his ideal position would be, and in what formation?

And whose place is he potentially taking?

7. LemonadeMoney

LemonadeMoney Steffen Iversen

What would be the equivalent selection of Spurs players to suit Klopp's formation and style? They don't have an Eriksen type player do they? I don't know enough about Fabinho or Wijnaldum to compare them to Spurs players.
    Back four with attacking fullbacks. We can do that.
    Kane = Firmino, Son/Moura = Ham Salad. Who is closest to Mane? Dele?

8. Kandi1977

Kandi1977 Jack Jull

There was a grand total of fudge all effort made to attack as a team. Lucas tried, but what the fudge is he supposed to do when there is no one else following up, getting in the box or wanting to just put in a little bit of effort? Even Messi would struggle in a team where the effort and attacking intent is as absent as it was yesterday.

9. nayimfromthehalfwayline

Agreed, absolutely.

Off the top of my head Id like him on the right of a 4-3-3. Son on the left, Kane as a (proper) striker.

Leave interesting potential for the 3 in midfield, but my most likely preference would end up being Winks/NDombele/LoCelso (on the assumption they lived up to their billing).

I think its a well balanced side that would dismantle pretty well anyone.

Yes, it means no Eriksen/Eriksen type, but Im cool with that.

10. fernadez

fernadez Anthony Gardner

Really thought that's what we was gonna be playing this season.

Kane with Son/Moura/Lamela in a three
    Everyone else fighting it out to play in midfield. Eriksen leaving covered like Coutinho's was and making us no longer dependent on a playmaker.

If we're not going to play 4231, it's the natural successor especially with the players we've got. Instead we've ended up playing the narrowest formation known to man.

11. nayimfromthehalfwayline

“Anyway, it’s hard. I think we have to fix a lot of points. I think this defeat has to serve a lot, for us to raise our heads, for us to get up, because this season has been very difficult for us.”

Moura once again started from the bench against Bayern and came on in the second half but had little effect on the game.

The Brazilian international continues to be overlooked by Mauricio Pochettino, with some Spurs fans not happy with the Argentine’s reluctance to start the former PSG man.

Moura admitted that he is upset to be overlooked by the Spurs manager but vowed to work hard to win his place back in the side.

He added, “Of course I get a little upset because every player wants to play. It’s normal. Especially in Champions League games, especially when the last Premier League game I didn’t play. Anyway, it’s complicated. But what can I do? I have to keep working, always respect the coach’s decision.”

“But I’m doing my best, feeling good in practice and in every time I come in. But that’s what I can do. Now I can’t make the decision. Of course every player wants to play. I feel very useful and I can help the team.”

12. yiddo37

yiddo37 Erik Edman

Strange one with Moura, has bags of ability but sometimes the game can pass him by... when he plays. For me as others have said he needs to be on the flank as one of the 3 behind Kane, similar to what Son does as in getting the ball and running at the opposition creating for others or shooting when the opportunity arises.

13. elltrev

elltrev Pascal Chimbonda

What do people think Moura’s strengths are? Things that he’s consistently displayed? For me it’s pace and finishing. Occasionally he looks like a good dribbler but often he doesn’t. And he’s never struck me as a remotely good passer. He actually seems like a Jamie Vardy to me, but playing as an attacking midfielder for some reason.

Not trying to bash him, just interested in others views of him.

14. StephenH

StephenH Dimitar Berbatov

He is the most mercurial player we have, swings between world beater to totally innocuous!

15. glasgowspur

glasgowspur Paul Stalteri

It's a winger thing isn't it, look at son, he's the same although not as bad. Not that I'm saying Moura is bad, but you know what I mean.

parklane1 likes this.
  16. parklane1

parklane1 Barry Daines

Yep i agree, looking back over the years some of the best players who played on the wing blew hot and cold. The only i can think of who was consistant was Waddle ( pretty sure they may be others).

17. fernadez

fernadez Anthony Gardner

It's the nature of dribbling, some days it works perfectly, other days it off. Some many factors go into if a ball carrier is going to have a good day or not.

18. Bedfordspurs

Bedfordspurs Chris Jones

If we persist in the bricky diamond I’d love to see Moura play with son and Kane in the 3 up top (one of them can play the top of the diamond, and I don’t care who as the system is farce)

19. Grays_1890

Grays_1890 Jermaine Jenas

Moura just isn't that good

billyiddo likes this.
  20. stinkfoot

stinkfoot Gudni Bergsson