1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice

LiVARpool - 2019/20 Premier League Winners

Discussion in 'General Football' started by southstand1882, 28 Jan 2012.

1. LemonadeMoney

LemonadeMoney Steffen Iversen

Because some of the victims had worked out, if we all run at the turnstiles at once they can't cope and most of us will get in for nothing.

nayenezgani likes this.
  2. scaramanga

scaramanga George Hunt Staff Member

Surely they would learn their lesson after all those deaths and not repeat such an action though, right? Especially not in a CL final, for example.

Obviously if they did there would still be someone else to blame, I'm sure.

3. bjholmem

bjholmem Radek Cerny

Where is the proof that there were fans without tickets there?

4. scaramanga

nayenezgani likes this.
  5. bjholmem

bjholmem Radek Cerny

My saying there were people without tickets getting in when I meant to write "If there were people without tickets getting in, they got in because..." does not constitute evidence of there being people trying to get in without tickets.

Instead, I found this article, in which you can read how violent, ticketless nor even drunk supporters were to blame for the disaster: https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...l-left-hillsborough-families-distraught-again

6. SteveAWOL

SteveAWOL Steffen Iversen

Just seen the Match of the Day highlights: Robertson got away with elbowing Davies in the head, Alexander-Arnold not punished for a stamp and to top it off van Dijk pushes over forward in the area as they’re about to take a shot o_O

Last edited: 5 Dec 2019
  7. scaramanga

I understand that it's politically difficult (or even impossible) for any newspaper to go against the cult now - especially after so many of them refuse to steal the Sun for going on 30 years.

I'll assume (please correct me if I'm wrong) from your location that you didn't spend a lot of time at English football matches in the 80s. But if there were not large numbers of ticketless Liverpool fans at that match, and if they weren't charging the turnstiles that day, it was the first neutral venue cup match that they hadn't for at least 10 years before and plenty after. It seems more than a little unlikely to me that the victims simply decided to forego their normal methods of attending football matches and behaved like angels, yet this is the one where a disaster happens.

8. nayimfromthehalfwayline

nayimfromthehalfwayline Andy Thompson

Paddy Power on form last night

"Klopp has explained his decision to bench Firminho and Salad tonight.

"Have you fudging seen Everton this season, pal?""

"Amazon have announced all Prime customers will be charged an extra £1.99 because of that premium assist from Sadio Mane"

"This is amazing. Merseyside derbies have been rubbish for the last few seasons.
    Then they go on Amazon Prime and suddenly its great.

Unbelievable Jeff Bezos"

"A penalty appeal by Everton is looking into by VAR.

Ref: Hi Michael, could you have a l-
    VAR: NO PENALTY
    Ref: But how could you have already looked at th-
    VAR: I SAID NO F*CKING PENALTY"

"Sadio Mane picks up the ball, hides it under his shirt and charges toward goal
    VAR: WALK ON! WALK ON! WITH HOPE IN YOURH-WHAT?"

"You know Big Sam is out there watching this Everton performance. Kebab in one hand. Pint of wine in the other. Laughing his f*cking b*llocks off."

"Everton fans started leaving after the 5th Liverpool goal.

Fair play to them, Id have stopped going to games back in October"

"Everton drop into the bottom 3 after last night, and I for one, am shocked.

Truly shocked.

I thought they been down there for months now"

9. parklane1

parklane1 Barry Daines

Because they always are, can not remember what game it was but a year or so back ( think it was on 606) they were talking about a Liverpool game in Europe to some of their supporters, they said they had no tickets to the game but they will still go because WE get in no matter what.

scaramanga likes this.
  10. scaramanga

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...Liverpool-fans-branded-worst-Europe-UEFA.html

My favourite bit is where they complain to UEFA about lax security allowing too many of their fans in without tickets. Always someone else's fault.

11. parklane1

parklane1 Barry Daines

12. bjholmem

bjholmem Radek Cerny

If ticketless fans are to blame, why weren't there disasters at the other semi finals where ticketless fans also managed to get into the ground? Liverpool had semi finals at Hillsborough in 1980 and 1988 as well as in 1989.

13. scaramanga

I'd imagine because there are millions of variables (many random) at any large event and this was the one where it happened

Robbo, Mikey10 and nayenezgani like this.
  14. bjholmem

bjholmem Radek Cerny

Which might suggest that a disaster of similar proportions would not have happened, if the crowd was managed properly. I don't get why it is so important for you to put blame on the Liverpool supporters when ticketless fans is just one of one million variables. Avoiding people without tickets to get in is why you have turnstiles, when you open a gate, allowing fans to bypass the turnstiles altogether, of course you are going to enhance the problem.

15. scaramanga

I blame the scousers because everyone else was acting in good faith, trying to do the right thing. The ticketless fans were the ones trying (yet again) to game the system.

Last edited: 5 Dec 2019
  16. Bedfordspurs

Bedfordspurs Paul Stewart

Luck
    Their fans broke in
    Their own fans also have threatened other pool fans at knife point go steal tickets off them for CL finals
    Their fans attacked the Juve fans in Belgium and they died.

parklane1 and scaramanga like this.
  17. Bedfordspurs

Bedfordspurs Paul Stewart

you ever go to football in the 80s?
    People jump the barriers
    That even happens at Wembley with the scanner system
    Difference now is allocated space via seats

parklane1 and scaramanga like this.
  18. ricky2tricky4city

ricky2tricky4city Terry Venables

Let's not forget this was nearly us in 81....so we may have behaved in exactly the same way (an 80s football fan probably would) BUT if we didn't it would then throw the focus onto the other issues raised in the investigation and the probability that they were the main cause of the tragedy.

19. parklane1

parklane1 Barry Daines

Liverpool fans have history and proof that they have been involved in several instances of trouble and gaining entrance to games with no tickets. I not sure how anyone can defend that action.

20. scaramanga

Although I understand why MPs and Journalists hesitate to state the obvious truths - that cult is insane and could ruin anyone's career.