• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Laziness and lack of energy

The toddler is 2 years 9 months, and the new one is 4 months.

Not going to lie, it’s bloody hard. All worth it for the obvious reasons of why you want offspring of course. But extremely bloody hard.
At 45 though, I couldn’t really leave it a lot longer. (Caveat - unless you are a billionaire and Mick Jagger)

Had my daughter at 46 and my twin boys at 49. With my first son being 34 next year. I find if I stop for any length of time, I get a kind of fog of depression/laziness wave over me. As long as I'm doing something I'm fine

I won a contract a couple of weeks ago which is a significant pivot for my business, meaning that I have to work on a customer site full time after three years of working in a very relaxed way from the spare bedroom. That means getting up at least an hour earlier. I’ve had to close down and finish existing contracts and commitments which has meant a lot of weekend and evening work, and I’ve needed to get up to speed with the new gig very quickly and deliver a fair bit before Xmas.

Whatever Gutter Boy says, this level of work would be fine. It means that all my internet procrastination is axed, but that’s okay. It’s nice getting money.

The problem is that I’m suddenly not sleeping. Don’t understand it at all. I had all sorts of business worries before but slept like a baby. Now I’m busier, but with a much more secure opportunity, and I’m up three or four times in the night for a tinkle, not dropping off, and only managing four or five hours altogether. Certainly don’t have time to check whether it’s a prostate thing, and am just hoping everything goes back to normal in the new year. There will definitely be a lack of energy penalty if things carry on like this, though.

I tend to find sleep is very much a habitual thing.

If for a couple of nights my sleep is disturbed, that seems to form an ongoing pattern.

Perhaps for you its similar?

Sounds like even if you are on top of everything, its still a stressful time - so it wouldnt be a surprise if it effected you.

A couple of nights of anxiety/stress impacted, and not its become a pattern?

The problem is that I’m suddenly not sleeping. Don’t understand it at all. I had all sorts of business worries before but slept like a baby. Now I’m busier, but with a much more secure opportunity, and I’m up three or four times in the night for a tinkle, not dropping off, and only managing four or five hours altogether. Certainly don’t have time to check whether it’s a prostate thing, and am just hoping everything goes back to normal in the new year. There will definitely be a lack of energy penalty if things carry on like this, though.

That sounds like it could just be adrenaline. It can be at a heightened levels for sustained periods. The tinkling thing then might just be because your body is not dormant at those times like it usually would be

Thanks, GG - had my first workout just now and it worked great. :D

RnXJGgv.jpg

Back