• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Kyle Walker-Peters

I saw him play two games, one at the beginning and one at the end of the season.

The second, IMO, was a big improvement on the first.

So I suggest staying and training with the squad all season was a productive choice for him.

Not sure theres much there to gain a "cmon guys..."
C'mon girls?:D

My point was the evidence presented consisted of two games that bookended the season,(both of which he had decent games in), to then suggest it was a productive choice to stay with the squad over another path is reaching a little. If we could look at 20 odd games then yep we'd be all able to offer an opinion.

You don't want to get a reputation for small sample sizes.....not on here anyway;)

C'mon girls?:D

My point was the evidence presented consisted of two games that bookended the season,(both of which he had decent games in), to then suggest it was a productive choice to stay with the squad over another path is reaching a little. If we could look at 20 odd games then yep we'd be all able to offer an opinion.

You don't want to get a reputation for small sample sizes.....not on here anyway;)

KWP plays against Saudi Sportswashing Machine and does well ("well", not "great", IMO).
Doesnt go on loan.
Half of GG then spends the full season bitching and moaning he should have gone on loan.
KWP plays against Leicester, and IMO, plays a hell of a lot better.

I dont disagree its a small sample size, but its all we've got.

And all Ive really pointed out is that he would appear to have done pretty well out of staying with us for the season.

It's one hell of a tough call. Here's my take:

Aurier -- athletically the top choice...but I haven't seen much of his supposed pace. Will his decision making improve with time (and Poch)? Is there a solid defender in there somewhere?

Trippier -- has done a job this season. Good on the attack with a damn fine cross on him. I think he's suspect defensively and doesn't have the pace to get himself out of trouble...but then, is that so important when you're playing a back three?

KWP -- looks good from what I've seen of him, but will he come a cropper against the big teams? Is he good enough, basically?

It could depend on the Alderweireld situation. What is the future of our defence? Is it a Verts--Sanchez centre back pairing with Dier dropping in from DM when needed? Or is the future a Toby--Sanchez--Verts traditional back three with a pair of CMs in front?

We also need to think like a big club. Like when Chelsea loan out a player to a fellow Prem side. If KWP stays without us losing either Trippier or Aurier, he needs a loan to a Prem side. I'm thinking of Rose's loan to Sunderland or Walker's spell at Villa here. If he either doesn't set the world alight or Trips/Aurier lock it down, then KWP goes. If not, back he comes to replace one of the incumbents.

If Poch thinks that he can turn Aurier into the RB/RWB we need, who am I to argue?[/b][/b]

I would say to the person that asked why we signed Aurier when we had KWP in the wings...it’s as much about making sure we have experienced cover rather than blocking a route. Sometimes actually the kindest thing for a young player is not to force them into a first 11 role before we know we can trust them to react well to pressure. Because what if he has a few bad games, his confidence gets shot but Trippier is injured so we have to keep playing him? It could have really hindered his development. This way, he has gotten to improve outside of the spotlight and by all accounts it seems to have worked.

Pace isnt Auriers problem, its positioning and recklessness (often due to positioning).

Both things I expect to improve.

Personally I think Trippier and Aurier will be our senior players next season, KWP will hopefully loan out to a premiership side.

Somewhere like Wolves would be brilliant. If not Bournemouth.

Neither Trippier or Aurier were brilliant this season, but I expect improvement from both (especially Aurier) and think neither has done enough wrong to justify being sold.

Also, considering both Rose and Alderweirelds futures are uncertain, it would seem silly to create further instability by selling Trippier/Aurier.

A year on loan, growing, having learned the Poch way before going out could be perfect for KWP.

He looked good yesterday and i would not worry too much if we let Trippier go and have Aurier ( who i think will be a good player) and KWP as our two next season.

Can't believe you're all for getting shot of Trippier who is our banker (started by Poch in the games that mattered).

I think he is a decent player but ( imo) is suspect on defense, if we want to see more of KWP who looks like he has the ability to become a very good player we need to make room for him to be able to play more. I know there are those who think Aurier is crap but i think he could surprise a few next season.

He just signed a new deal. No doubt that new deal included talks about our plans for him. Clearly he feels his future is best served with us.

So why absolute statements like "KWP is too old for a loan now. If he doesn't make our 2 RBs next season, he has to be sold."? Its clearly nonsense.

And Carroll has just finished his second full premiership season, establishing himself as a first 11 player. He will either be a mainstay in their team next year, or get poached by a premiership club and stay up = Im not sure he would describe his career as "yo yoing around"

Having just signed a new deal I would suggest he see's his progress as sufficient.

Poch made the point a while back, the team has improved such that for young players to break in they need to be of a higher standard.

His long standing belief in players developing by being with the squad seems to have proven true, IMO, with KWP looking much improved yesterday compared to vs Saudi Sportswashing Machine.

Would I like him to play more? Of course. Do I think he might be ripe for a loan? Yes. Can I say his career has not been managed well? NO. I think its going just fine, and apparently so does he.

There are a whole slew of Chelsea youth players who have been mismanaged and who consistently continue to sign new contracts with the club.

Come on Nayim, you're a clever guy, you know there are lots of reasons why someone may sign a new contract.

He may have signed the new contract with assurances he'll be one of the two next season. Or that he'll be loaned out. Or that he is a spurs fan who came up through the academy and is desperate to make it here. GHod knows if I was in his position, I'd leave it until the absolute last chance before leaving.

He's in the same kind of age range as Dele, Winks, Sánchez. He's only 3 years younger than Kane

I think the likes of Sessegnon, Sancho, Lookman,, Alexander Arnold have shown the benefits of playing regular football, versus the likes of KWP, Gomes, Diaz and Foden.

I think its a bit disingenuous to state as ve put in a good performance yesterday that must mean he's improved as he's stayed. Just as I wouldn't argue that if he'd put in a crap performance, it was solely down to lack of high level playing time.

This does not mean that I think he is suddenly crap or won't make it anymore. Not at all. But I think it's fair to say he's now behind TAA in his development now for example, as he's had such a chance to grow his season.

Either way, whether it's with us or another club on loan, I hope he's playing regularly next season.

We are nothing like Chelsea, never have been, so what relevance does that even have?

I think he looked a much better player yesterday. I freely admit its a small sample size to go on. That said, fitter, stronger, more assured, more assertive - I thought his performance was leagues above his game against Saudi Sportswashing Machine.

So, I think, him being with us this season has done him a lot of good. He has developed. This is a fundamentally simple point, made from the POV to counter those who have been banging on about him all season as if the club dont know what they are doing.

I think they do. I would say this season has been of great value to him.

And, as Ive also said, I think he needs a loan now to add experience to the skills he has gained.

I think he is a decent player but ( imo) is suspect on defense, if we want to see more of KWP who looks like he has the ability to become a very good player we need to make room for him to be able to play more. I know there are those who think Aurier is crap but i think he could surprise a few next season.
Yeah, but my point is you're all talking about getting rid of the known quality and keeping the two unknowns.
I'd rather gamble on KWP than Aurier, from what I've seen. I don't think you can coach out brain farts.

Yeah, but my point is you're all talking about getting rid of the known quality and keeping the two unknowns.
I'd rather gamble on KWP than Aurier, from what I've seen. I don't think you can coach out brain farts.

Fair point. Not sure about your opinion about not being able to coach out brain farts though.

Oh I dunno, Walker had plenty of them early on. Mind you he never looked as poor as Aurier has.

Oh I dunno, Walker had plenty of them early on. Mind you he never looked as poor as Aurier has.

He didnt? I remember plenty of times where he was a complete and utter liability.

Clearly always an incredible athlete, but especially early on, barely a defender.

Similar could be said of Rose. Look how both turned out...

I am one of those that suspects next season Aurier will go up through the levels, I think by Christmas people will be loving him.

Back