• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Kieran Trippier

It was an example, no more. Sissoko was the player most commonly beside him in the team last year. And does have a penchant for going walk about.
I don't think the statement that Sissoko has a penchant for going walk about has any basis in fact. Sissoko has always seemed to be pretty disciplined in his positional play for Spurs, I think that is probably one of the reasons that Pochettino selects him.

I don't think the statement that Sissoko has a penchant for going walk about has any basis in fact. Sissoko has always seemed to be pretty disciplined in his positional play for Spurs, I think that is probably one of the reasons that Pochettino selects him.

This.

The game v City at home in the CL, he was very good. But in the league game, he cost us at least a point. In the league game at home to United, he did the same. In the CL away to City, he put us under pressure after 4 minutes with pathetic defending to allow Sterling to score. The Chelsea game away, his brainless backpass put us out of the game. Against Liverpool away, he put no pressure on the ball when Robertson crosses for the opener. That’s just the big games last season off the top of my head.

He made big mistakes in big games so while I think awful is harsh, he isn’t a good defender. I wish the lad all the best, he seems a decent type and gave us decent service. But he ultimately wasn’t good enough.
It's true that Trippier fudged up just before HT against United but Lamela should also have been called out for insisting on a pass he was not in a position to receive. Trippier's pass was perfectly accurate but unfortunately for him and Tottenham the lurking Lingard intercepted it. We all know what happened next, but let's be fair, other defenders also fell short in the build up to Rashford's match-winning strike.

What saddens me about that game is the disproportionate impact Trippier's mistake seems to have had on the fans. Because after the break, to his immense credit, the Bury Beckham did not allow his head to go down, in fact quite the opposite. What no one seems to have noticed at the time is he went on to play an absolute blinder, setting up chance after chance for our attackers, every one of which was either fluffed (cough Llorente) or thwarted by the outstretched boot of a desperately lucky De Gea.

I remember this because I re-watched my recording of the entire match afterwards and was gobsmacked at the sheer number of successful tackles, through balls, one-touch passes and crosses he produced overall. Sadly for Trippier his team-mates just could not find the net that afternoon, despite all those chances he created for them.

So it's his one mistake that continues to be highlighted to this day whilst the shortcomings of the rest of the team have been largely forgotten.

If ever there was a case of 'give a dog a bad name and hang him,' that was it.

Last edited:
Back