1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice

Juan Foyth

Discussion in 'Spurs News & Views' started by Jordinho, 30 Aug 2017.

1. spurspinter1

spurspinter1 Ruel Fox

You don't need to apologise by any stretch, I think my questions may have been misconstrued as being a bit backhanded when they were in earnest; it's a really interesting subject for me.

Firstly I don't think it's old fashioned to want the best for your club, but I think nowadays the mutterings in the stands and the pubs are also posted on sites this as evidence, I think it's overly simplifying it to put it down to age (as if there aren't any moany old bastards about!!!) - the generations may have different attitudes to certain things but tend to be quite similar just with different means of communication in my opinion.

I think I get what you mean re not needing to find someone to blame but I do struggle in that regard as mistakes that cause us issues are something I notice and don't think that us fans are below being able to notice them and discuss them. Maybe at the new ground there should be personal headphones blasting "Everything is Awesome" for every seat and we can all sing along regardless of whatever brickshow we have the fortune of observing?

We do have a reputation as a ground that'll moan if things aren't going well, high expectations / delusions of our standing or something else, who knows? I just think the opposite of that is worrying for me as well, should there be a buzzing atmosphere and a massive love-in if we're 2 - 0 down at half time and the players look like they haven't met each other before?

It'll probably go on to themes of unconditional love and other virtues / curses if we go deep enough in to it but Foyth's thread isn't probably the place for it.

2. SteveAWOL

SteveAWOL Steffen Iversen

Guess the one consolation is that he’d have been suspended for opening fixtures anyway...

3. alekaras

alekaras The ITK of IDK

And some people say Foyth isn't mature. He knew he was going to be suspended, so decided to get injured now instead of later.

Robbo likes this.
  4. Jordinho

Jordinho Tony Marchi Staff Member

After undergoing assessment over the past few days, we can confirm that Juan Foyth has sustained a lateral ligament injury to his left ankle following a challenge in our Audi Cup match against Bayern Munich.

The Argentina international, who will miss the opening two games of the season due to suspension, will now undergo a period of rehabilitation and is expected to return to training in September.

5. Glenda's Legs

Glenda's Legs Edgar Davids

So most likely looking at October for match-readiness?

6. Gazza Dazzla

Gazza Dazzla Vedran Corluka

Not too bad I suppose?

7. spurspinter1

spurspinter1 Ruel Fox

Did the club statement really have to refer to the fact that he's suspended for the first two games? It's not that relevant considering the circumstances. Could have said "The Argentina international, who excelled in a RB position in his country's Copa America run to the semi finals etc etc" or "The Argentina international, who fudging loves Chas and Dave and does not care who knows it etc etc".

Obviously I'm overthinking it / reading to much in to it, but if you're going to put a tidbit of info in there, maybe don't choose something entirely negative considering how he got the suspension?

Anywho...A damn shame, and another injury.

8. parklane1

parklane1 Barry Daines

If October is true then its not as bad as it could have been.

9. monkeybarry

monkeybarry Paul Stalteri

Not too bad as long it heals ok. Could cause long term weakness?
    Good chance for KWP to show if he has it or not - should put the debate to bed.

10. Modric THFC

Modric THFC Paul Robinson

When was the last time the club announced when an injury player is expected back at training.
    Looks like a change from the secretive policy that left everyone in dark leading to various conspiracy theories whenever anyone was injured.

11. 90291Spur

90291Spur Jimmy Neighbour

Hahahahahaha!

Rorschach and monkeybarry like this.
  12. Bullet

Bullet Les Ferdinand

Iirc Foyth went steaming into a challenge and injured someone

Five minutes later he “accidentally” gets booted in the ankle

The old fashioned payback

13. mudshark

mudshark Mitchell Thomas

I said that at the time it happened.

14. Danishfurniturelover

Danishfurniturelover Jack Jull

Kid is dog sh*t, thought he might get sold to Birmingham or somewhere that is his level.

metalgear likes this.
  15. nayenezgani

nayenezgani Vedran Corluka

You off the meds again big fella?

DTA likes this.
  16. spurspinter1

spurspinter1 Ruel Fox

Poster shares an opinion not entirely positive, riposte is a pejorative dig with mental health undertones.

[​IMG]

17. NoLimits01

NoLimits01 Steven Caulker

Another poster rocks up and takes the whole thing out of context and hoists the PC flag

Gazza Dazzla and nayenezgani like this.
  18. parklane1

parklane1 Barry Daines

I think you may be over thinking things again.

nayenezgani likes this.
  19. spurspinter1

spurspinter1 Ruel Fox

Another poster appears hoisting the "PC gone mad" flag. Get to f$ck.

20. spurspinter1

spurspinter1 Ruel Fox

If only you were right by me, advising me of the exact level I should be thinking things as you appear to be an expert on my cognitive processing intensity on various subject matter..

I rate Foyth highly, as well as DanishFurnitureLover for what it's worth.