• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jose Mourinho - SACKED

Did they really play counter attack

I didn’t see much of them at the time but I’d assume with their dominance is wasn’t the case...
They were both a possession and quick transitions side. When the opposition had the ball they would fall back into a tight defensive shape and then pounce on any loose balls and absolutely race to the opposition half. Its the greatest showing of counter attacking play that I can recall seeing.

They were pretty good in possession but as the majority of La Liga sides at the time prioritised possession they often had games where they didn't have the lion's share of the ball.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk

They were both a possession and quick transitions side. When the opposition had the ball they would fall back into a tight defensive shape and then pounce on any loose balls and absolutely race to the opposition half. Its the greatest showing of counter attacking play that I can recall seeing.

They were pretty good in possession but as the majority of La Liga sides at the time prioritised possession they often had games where they didn't have the lion's share of the ball.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk
Like I say I didn’t see them okay other than when we played them (I think he was in charge)

No doubt, but think Jose knows we still haven't got the midfield to front line piece working perfectly so against the best we will still have to absorb a bit of pressure.

We will get better .. you can feel it .. feels very different to 3 months ago ..
The decision making of the forwards in the offensive phase is a concern.

We need the real Mourinho to stand up ! He seems to have lost his old magic that won him 25 major trophies in the past. Our performances have not been really convincing since he replaced Pochettino. It seems like some players can't lift their performances under him, especially our attacking players like Son, Alli and Moura. He really should drop those who don't perform for him.

Or rather Alli, Son and Moura need to step up. Especially Son and Alli. The addition of Bergwijn and the presence of Lamela should cause a bit of competition.

Or rather Alli, Son and Moura need to step up. Especially Son and Alli. The addition of Bergwijn and the presence of Lamela should cause a bit of competition.

Was noticeable in the first half yesterday that the new players, Bergwijn, Tangana, GLC were outshining Dele, Son, and Moura.

That’s actually fine as I think Dele and Moura have played way too much football lately and the sharpness in their game isn’t there at the moment (Jose almost said so after the game). Son’s pace is down at the mo, I suspect a niggle.

The thing I noticed and felt yesterday the most is the departures of Eriksen and Rose. Things felt more positive, there was no doubt, question marks or negativity. With a fit Ndom we’ve basically added 5 new players in Jan. I think this current crop can finally move forward now.

Was noticeable in the first half yesterday that the new players, Bergwijn, Tangana, GLC were outshining Dele, Son, and Moura.

That’s actually fine as I think Dele and Moura have played way too much football lately and the sharpness in their game isn’t there at the moment (Jose almost said so after the game). Son’s pace is down at the mo, I suspect a niggle.

Was there any news during or post match re Dele? I don't know if it got picked up on TV, but Dele asked to come off yesterday. Nothing seemed to have happened immediately before. Maybe he was just feeling the effects of the attempts on his ankle? It's not like him to want to be subbed.

The thing I noticed and felt yesterday the most is the departures of Eriksen and Rose. Things felt more positive, there was no doubt, question marks or negativity. With a fit Ndom we’ve basically added 5 new players in Jan. I think this current crop can finally move forward now.

This .. so much this, first time in a long time everyone gave a full effort and there was no negativity around the team/squad

Was there any news during or post match re Dele? I don't know if it got picked up on TV, but Dele asked to come off yesterday. Nothing seemed to have happened immediately before. Maybe he was just feeling the effects of the attempts on his ankle? It's not like him to want to be subbed.
I think he was struggling ever since that foul by Sterling. Seemed to lose some intensity after that and struggled to really get in the game.

Hopefully just a knock and with a short break coming up he'll be back again soon.

Haven't seen anything. I'd definitely take the chance to rest him until the Villa game now.

And we were 14th when he took over ..

It's funny how perception doesn't always match fact, I feel we have improved, but it doesn't feel quite like 3rd best team improvement yet.
But in reality are other teams resorting to their actual quality
Leicester and Chelsea suddenly look like the level they actually are IMO. Better than most but not that good
Wolves need more goal scorers and that’s showing
United are well... unUnited
Arsenal sacked a manager and the new one has won 1 league game I believe yet the6 think their better
Southampton are the BIG imrovers

And we were 14th when he took over ..

It's funny how perception doesn't always match fact, I feel we have improved, but it doesn't feel quite like 3rd best team improvement yet.
Even as Jose has said....there is very little in the 5th to 16th spots.

That said it is encouraging that even during this initial phase he's racked up a decent amount of points.

Look at the goons:D as well.

But in reality are other teams resorting to their actual quality
Leicester and Chelsea suddenly look like the level they actually are IMO. Better than most but not that good
Wolves need more goal scorers and that’s showing
United are well... unUnited
Arsenal sacked a manager and the new one has won 1 league game I believe yet the6 think their better
Southampton are the BIG imrovers
We're not catching Leicester though?

Who knows who we can catch
One game at a time
They have a 12 point advantage though and the GD which means it would be bonkers to catch em
If they get 1 point a game for the rest of the season we need to be up to 2 PTS a game....don't think that's likely to play out. (More their 1point a game bit)

Back