• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jose Mourinho - SACKED

Well our pattern of play is changing. This is always likely to bring some mixed things in our games. From results, to defending and our forward play. In the short term it seems the team energy has gone up. They are chasing down opposition players and looking to be more involved in the game.

Two noticeable things that Jose has implemented is the fact the opposite wide player should always be in the box when the ball is out wide on the other side. Moura against West Ham and even Sissoko today have show that having that second player arriving in the box can help a lot. Its a pretty basic tactic but it looks more instructed. Also in the last year or so teams have been playing either very deep against us or very high. The runs of Dele and Son are pushing them back. Today Bournemouth started well and pushed up high, then they got hit with two long balls for goals, then they started to sit back and that is when we started to dominate the game.

Its weird that we are conceding so many chances. When I look at the individuals I feel Aurier,Toby, Davidson and Davies and Verts have played well in our games. But the space we are leaving around them is making some chances for the opposition. I can only see the defense improving under Jose and if the forwards keep playing like this then we are in a good spot.

My one real Irk is the continuation of Dier. We have looked pretty weak in the center all season. And Dier can be the player to fill that space if can regain some sense of form. Jose obviously has faith he can get back to the player he was. That must be why he is sticking with him.

the games have been a bit all over the place. But at least we are winning. We needed at least that to start moving forward. We have seen some of the old Spurs back in parts of the games. So it feels like it is coming.

Its weird that we are conceding so many chances. When I look at the individuals I feel Aurier,Toby, Davidson and Davies and Verts have played well in our games. But the space we are leaving around them is making some chances for the opposition. I can only see the defense improving under Jose and if the forwards keep playing like this then we are in a good spot.

He's developed a system so that one of our defenders doesn't have to do much defending because he's not very good at it. That doesn't seem like a long term option.

My one real Irk is the continuation of Dier. We have looked pretty weak in the center all season. And Dier can be the player to fill that space if can regain some sense of form. Jose obviously has faith he can get back to the player he was. That must be why he is sticking with him.

Dier had some pretty major emergency surgery last year. It's clearly taken him a while to get over it. I think that Mourinho Is trying to play him back into fitness and form because we don't have any other natural players for that position in the squad.

I think that both of these positions will be priorities for cover/improvements over the next two windows.

Not sure, I don’t think he’ll look to bring a single attacking player in. Defense is on probation though, I agree.

I think the attackers will remain as you say but the combinations may change.
The defence is a bit of buggers muddle but I liked today’s set up! But the midfield needs sorting

Whereas we create openings for fun. Score a few of them, then open our legs at the end. The culture and habits of this side are also there, can't be wiped away in an instant.

Mourinho getting the midfield right - the heart of the team - will decide what identity we have. It remains a difficult decision. Dier, if you have the patience, and let him play for 10+ games will come good imo. But can you wait that long? Maybe he would settle and develop sooner. Winks being brushed off the ball is a concern if he's played in front of the defense. He's better deployed in a more advanced role. Could Wanyama come back? He'd also need games to settle. Can Mourinho shape Dier or will he look to buy a CM in Jan who can screen and pass well?

Definitely should have made subs earlier... he brought someone on at 89 minutes and I thought Jeez, what is the point, giving him 1 minute to make an impact?!!

Then 6 minutes later he brought on another sub?!!!

We are tired and tiring... bring on some fresh legs FFS, we have plenty of options on the bench.

Love that...’ we lose the ball we bite like mad dogs’

This guy has some serious brains and will shape us up to our strengths, I bets he’s raging inside at our defending and lapses in concentration, yet he’s doing well to hide it, perhaps not too well as seen at the final whistle vs the spam.

I think we can hold fire until the summer so Jose can evaluate who he wants and who is committed.

Summer, could be busy and will test levy’s and his relationship, but the aim needs to be being a well oiled Mourinho machine going into next season.

until then it’s fascinating to see what he can do this season and work with what he has.

A week or so and three games and I’m seeing so much that we have improved on, along with reminders of our deep issues which will take time to fix.

Love that...’ we lose the ball we bite like mad dogs’

This guy has some serious brains and will shape us up to our strengths, I bets he’s raging inside at our defending and lapses in concentration, yet he’s doing well to hide it, perhaps not too well as seen at the final whistle vs the spam.

I think we can hold fire until the summer so Jose can evaluate who he wants and who is committed.

Summer, could be busy and will test levy’s and his relationship, but the aim needs to be being a well oiled Mourinho machine going into next season.

until then it’s fascinating to see what he can do this season and work with what he has.

A week or so and three games and I’m seeing so much that we have improved on, along with reminders of our deep issues which will take time to fix.
I think the confidence of a lot of our players is quite fragile, they need support and positivity more than rage at the moment. He said something similar in one of his press conferences.

Good to see some of that intensity coming back when we lose the ball. A lot less of the half hearted half press that left us so exposed. Still finding our way changing between pressing and dropping deeper in games, but getting better imo.

I think the confidence of a lot of our players is quite fragile, they need support and positivity more than rage at the moment. He said something similar in one of his press conferences.

Good to see some of that intensity coming back when we lose the ball. A lot less of the half hearted half press that left us so exposed. Still finding our way changing between pressing and dropping deeper in games, but getting better imo.

Agreed. I am sure Mourinho is absolutely raging inside at some of our defending. And I still fully believe he has not changed fundamentally as a person.

However, he has picked up that, while we have a very talented squad, mentally something is not quite right at the moment and confidence is fragile...so a screaming and shouting approach is not what we need right now.

May come back later but for now, the players need to rebuild confidence.

yep, I think he’s had a deep think regarding engaging the brain before the mouth, in respect of how that effects the players.

he can’t change being angry about our defending...just like me, but good man management recognises a time to rip new botty holes and this isn’t the time.

he’s coming across as more human and shedding the monster image also. ‘Ball boy and seen talking to mascots...

he’s in a good groove currently and it needs to continue...we’re already benefiting.

The ball boy for lunch was a nice touch yesterday too

He has decided that before every home game now one of the boy balls/girls will get to have a pre match meal with all the players

nice little reminder to the players they are damn lucky to be doing what they are doing and to be where they are.

kids, not money in most cases bring out the very best in people, so for me it’s a smart move and a nice touch of class.

Back