• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jose Mourinho - SACKED

This where i have to point out the links that lemonade money provided were firstly generic rumours and secondly from the season after i spoke about...

But crack on anyway mate.

Last edited:
So that was for season 15/16 then? Interesting as well that the story said ‘Spurs turned down the approach for the 22-year-old, who they value at around £40m, and it is not clear whether United will return with an improved offer’.

so after one season under Poch we valued him at £40 million. How much was he valued at when Poch joined I wonder?

Here are the respective squads of the big 6 at the start of the 14/15 season.

I have put them in order of what I think is best to worst (obviously subjective).

I think that everyone would probably have to agree that Chelsea had the best squad (by quite a margin as well IMO).

My thoughts are that Liverpool had the weakest squad back then (so shows what a good job Klopp and their board have done to improve so significantly).

I put Emirates Marketing Project second, Man Utd third and then us fourth, with Arsenal between us and Liverpool. One could probably make an argument that Arsenal and Spurs should be placed the other way round. I think at the start of that season most people would've probably put them ahead of us? And now with hindsight we had quite a few players who developed a lot over that season and the next (Kane, Rose, Vertonghen, Eriksen)

One thing that I am sure of is that we didn't have a vastly better squad than the rest of the top six back then and in nobodies eyes could we have been so much better that we could've expected to stay ahead of or keep up with these other clubs with them operating all of a higher wage bill, higher gross spending and higher net spending than us.

Chelsea 14/15 squad

Cech
Thibaut Courtois
Jamal Blackman
Branislav Ivanovic
Filipe Luis
Kurt Zouma
Nathan Ake
Gary Cahill
John Terry
Cesar Azpilicueta
Andreas Christensen
Cesc Fabregas
Ramires
Oscar
Eden Hazard
John Obi Mikel
Menanja Matic
Willian
Juan Cuadrado
Ruben Loftus Cheek
Isaiah Brown
Didier Drogba
Loic Remy
Diego Costa
On top of that lot there were 28 players out on loan including:
Thorgan Hazard
Bertrand Traore
Ryan Bertrand
Gael Kakuta
Oriol Romeu
Christian Atsu
Victor Moses
Josh McEachran
Marko Marin
Patrick Bamford
Fernando Torres
Nathaniel Chalobah

Emirates Marketing Project 14/15 squad
Joe Hart
Micah Richards
Bacary Sagna
Vincent Kompany
Pablo Zabaleta
Fernando
James Milner
Samir Nasri
Avaro Negredo
Edin Dzeko
Aleksander Kolarov
Scott Sinclair
Willy Caballero
Wilfried Bony
Jesus Navas
Sergio Aguero
Frank Lampard
Karim Rekik
Eliaquim Mangala
David Silva
Gael Clichy
Fernandinho
Marin Demichelis
Richard Wright
Matija Nastasic
Stevan Joevetic
Bruno Zuculini
Dedryck Boyata
Yaya Toure
John Guidetti
Maros Lopes
Jose Angel Pozo

Man Utd 14/15 squad
David De Gea
Rafeal
Luke Shaw
Phil Jones
Marcos Rojo
Jonny Evans
Angel Di Maria
Juan Mata
Radamel Falcao
Wayne Rooney
Adnan Januzaj
Chris Smalling
Anders Lindegaard
Michael Carrick
Daley Blind
Ashley Young
Robin Van Persie
Ander Herrera
Nick Powell
Tom Cleverley
Darren Fletcher
Antonio Valencia
Shinji Kagawa
Anderson
Wilfried Zaha
Guilermo Varela
Marouanne Fellaini
Victor Valdes
Paddy McNair
Jesse Lingard
Ben Amos
Tyler Blackett
Andreas Pereira

Spurs 14/15 squad
Hugo Lloris
Michel Vorm
Brad Friedel
Younes Kaboul
Jan Vertonghen
Vlad Chiriches
Eric Dier
Federico Fazio
Kyle Walker
Danny Rose
Ben Davies
DeAndre Yedlin
Benjamin Stambouli
Etienne Capoue
Paulinho
Mousa Dembele
Ryan Mason
Nabil Bentaleb
Aaron Lennon
Christian Eriksen
Cristian Ceballos
Erik Lamela
Andros Townsend
Nacer Chadli
Roberto Soldado
Emmanuel Adebayor
Harry Kane

Arsenal 14/15 squad (35 players)
Wojciech Szczesny
Mathieu Dbuchy
Kieran Gibbs
Per Mertesacker
Gabriel Paulista
Laurent Koscielny
Tomas Rosicky
Mikel Arteta
Lukas Podolski
Jack Wheelchair
Mesut Ozil
Oliver Giroud
David Ospina
Theo Walcott
Alex Oxlaide-Chamberlain
Aaron Ramsey
Alexis Sanchez
Nacho Monreal
Santi Carzola
Mathieu Flamini
Calum Chambers
Yaya Sanogo
Danny Welbeck
Abou Diaby
Carl Jenkinson
Emiliano Martinez
Serge Gnarby
Joel Campbell
Ryo Miyaichi
Francis Coquelin
Gedion Zelalem
Krystian Bielik
Chuba Akpom
Hector Bellerin
Isaac Hayden

Liverpool 14/16 squad (29 players)
Brad Jones
Simon Mignolet
Danny Ward
Glen Jonson
Jose Enrique
Kolo Toure
Dejan Lovren
Mamadou Sakho
Alberto Moreno
Javier Manquillo
Martin Skrtel
Joe Flanagan
Steven Gerrard
Phillip Coutinho
Jordan Henderson
Adam Lallana
Lucas
Emre Can
Joe Allen
Raheem Sterling
Cameron Brannagan
Jordon Ibe
Jordan Rossiter
Lazar Markovic
Rickie Lambert
Daniel Sturridge
Fabio Borini
Mario Balotelli
Jerome Sinclair

Further to the above.

Something interesting is that Liverpool have managed to achieve a very significant move forward without a big net spend.... However they did sell two players they didn't want to let go in Sterling and Coutinho. Maybe that shows the only way to improve while not maintaining a low net spend is to accept that you will have to sell a crown jewel or two?

Leicester have also take a similar path in selling Mahrez, Kante and Maguire for very large fees but managing to move forward.

Further to the above.

Something interesting is that Liverpool have managed to achieve a very significant move forward without a big net spend.... However they did sell two players they didn't want to let go in Sterling and Coutinho. Maybe that shows the only way to improve while not maintaining a low net spend is to accept that you will have to sell a crown jewel or two?

Leicester have also take a similar path in selling Mahrez, Kante and Maguire for very large fees but managing to move forward.

Not sure what the crack is at Liverpool but don't Leicester have a DoF set up? If you're going to have to shop smart/balance the booksfor a prolonged period I'd say having a dedicated team devoted to that area is imperative to making it work.

Not backing/appeasing Mitchell, in light of his goodwork at Leipzig, was probably as big a mistake as any that the club made during this period

Further to the above.

I think you would need to judge Leicester progress over a longer period personally as their half season form was solid but the second half pretty poor and they had the added benefit of very few injuries and no pre season tour or Europe

pool do have a guy going the deals for Them but he isn’t a DOF as most people would call it. He is also ex spurs and his name is Michael Edwards

Not sure what the crack is at Liverpool but don't Leicester have a DoF set up? If you're going to have to shop smart/balance the booksfor a prolonged period I'd say having a dedicated team devoted to that area is imperative to making it work.

Not backing/appeasing Mitchell, in light of his goodwork at Leipzig, was probably as big a mistake as any that the club made during this period

At last - something we agree on!

Our recruitment and churn after Poch's second year has been appalling.

Here are the respective squads of the big 6 at the start of the 14/15 season.

I have put them in order of what I think is best to worst (obviously subjective).

I think that everyone would probably have to agree that Chelsea had the best squad (by quite a margin as well IMO).

My thoughts are that Liverpool had the weakest squad back then (so shows what a good job Klopp and their board have done to improve so significantly).

I put Emirates Marketing Project second, Man Utd third and then us fourth, with Arsenal between us and Liverpool. One could probably make an argument that Arsenal and Spurs should be placed the other way round. I think at the start of that season most people would've probably put them ahead of us? And now with hindsight we had quite a few players who developed a lot over that season and the next (Kane, Rose, Vertonghen, Eriksen)

One thing that I am sure of is that we didn't have a vastly better squad than the rest of the top six back then and in nobodies eyes could we have been so much better that we could've expected to stay ahead of or keep up with these other clubs with them operating all of a higher wage bill, higher gross spending and higher net spending than us.

Chelsea 14/15 squad

Cech
Thibaut Courtois
Jamal Blackman
Branislav Ivanovic
Filipe Luis
Kurt Zouma
Nathan Ake
Gary Cahill
John Terry
Cesar Azpilicueta
Andreas Christensen
Cesc Fabregas
Ramires
Oscar
Eden Hazard
John Obi Mikel
Menanja Matic
Willian
Juan Cuadrado
Ruben Loftus Cheek
Isaiah Brown
Didier Drogba
Loic Remy
Diego Costa
On top of that lot there were 28 players out on loan including:
Thorgan Hazard
Bertrand Traore
Ryan Bertrand
Gael Kakuta
Oriol Romeu
Christian Atsu
Victor Moses
Josh McEachran
Marko Marin
Patrick Bamford
Fernando Torres
Nathaniel Chalobah

Emirates Marketing Project 14/15 squad
Joe Hart
Micah Richards
Bacary Sagna
Vincent Kompany
Pablo Zabaleta
Fernando
James Milner
Samir Nasri
Avaro Negredo
Edin Dzeko
Aleksander Kolarov
Scott Sinclair
Willy Caballero
Wilfried Bony
Jesus Navas
Sergio Aguero
Frank Lampard
Karim Rekik
Eliaquim Mangala
David Silva
Gael Clichy
Fernandinho
Marin Demichelis
Richard Wright
Matija Nastasic
Stevan Joevetic
Bruno Zuculini
Dedryck Boyata
Yaya Toure
John Guidetti
Maros Lopes
Jose Angel Pozo

Man Utd 14/15 squad
David De Gea
Rafeal
Luke Shaw
Phil Jones
Marcos Rojo
Jonny Evans
Angel Di Maria
Juan Mata
Radamel Falcao
Wayne Rooney
Adnan Januzaj
Chris Smalling
Anders Lindegaard
Michael Carrick
Daley Blind
Ashley Young
Robin Van Persie
Ander Herrera
Nick Powell
Tom Cleverley
Darren Fletcher
Antonio Valencia
Shinji Kagawa
Anderson
Wilfried Zaha
Guilermo Varela
Marouanne Fellaini
Victor Valdes
Paddy McNair
Jesse Lingard
Ben Amos
Tyler Blackett
Andreas Pereira

Spurs 14/15 squad
Hugo Lloris
Michel Vorm
Brad Friedel
Younes Kaboul
Jan Vertonghen
Vlad Chiriches
Eric Dier
Federico Fazio
Kyle Walker
Danny Rose
Ben Davies
DeAndre Yedlin
Benjamin Stambouli
Etienne Capoue
Paulinho
Mousa Dembele
Ryan Mason
Nabil Bentaleb
Aaron Lennon
Christian Eriksen
Cristian Ceballos
Erik Lamela
Andros Townsend
Nacer Chadli
Roberto Soldado
Emmanuel Adebayor
Harry Kane

Arsenal 14/15 squad (35 players)
Wojciech Szczesny
Mathieu Dbuchy
Kieran Gibbs
Per Mertesacker
Gabriel Paulista
Laurent Koscielny
Tomas Rosicky
Mikel Arteta
Lukas Podolski
Jack Wheelchair
Mesut Ozil
Oliver Giroud
David Ospina
Theo Walcott
Alex Oxlaide-Chamberlain
Aaron Ramsey
Alexis Sanchez
Nacho Monreal
Santi Carzola
Mathieu Flamini
Calum Chambers
Yaya Sanogo
Danny Welbeck
Abou Diaby
Carl Jenkinson
Emiliano Martinez
Serge Gnarby
Joel Campbell
Ryo Miyaichi
Francis Coquelin
Gedion Zelalem
Krystian Bielik
Chuba Akpom
Hector Bellerin
Isaac Hayden

Liverpool 14/16 squad (29 players)
Brad Jones
Simon Mignolet
Danny Ward
Glen Jonson
Jose Enrique
Kolo Toure
Dejan Lovren
Mamadou Sakho
Alberto Moreno
Javier Manquillo
Martin Skrtel
Joe Flanagan
Steven Gerrard
Phillip Coutinho
Jordan Henderson
Adam Lallana
Lucas
Emre Can
Joe Allen
Raheem Sterling
Cameron Brannagan
Jordon Ibe
Jordan Rossiter
Lazar Markovic
Rickie Lambert
Daniel Sturridge
Fabio Borini
Mario Balotelli
Jerome Sinclair

Good work @Finney Is Back . However, as you say, everything is subjective. This snapshot also does not take into account whether any individual player is at the end of his career ( Gerrard) or to early in his ( Gnabry at Arsenal). Bearing in mind the strengths of squads are cyclical in nature and hence why different teams win the PL virtually every year With the benefit of hindsight, I would say our squad was on the upcycle with huge inherent potential therein, whereas others were in decline. This explains why the "Leicester" season was contested by them and us and not any of the established top four.

Good work @Finney Is Back . However, as you say, everything is subjective. This snapshot also does not take into account whether any individual player is at the end of his career ( Gerrard) or to early in his ( Gnabry at Arsenal). Bearing in mind the strengths of squads are cyclical in nature and hence why different teams win the PL virtually every year With the benefit of hindsight, I would say our squad was on the upcycle with huge inherent potential therein, whereas others were in decline. This explains why the "Leicester" season was contested by them and us and not any of the established top four.
Scary to see the names on that united side and how poor they were
Shows names, reputations and values means nothing

Deary me indeed. You really are making stuff up now. No interest in any of our players! LOL Mourinho himself said he tried to buy several of them - I suspect this included Rose, Dier, Dele, Toby and Kane. And that's just for starters!

Dier was the only one on that list who was approached. I won't go into specifics. He chose to stay because of the manager/it was made clear he was considered a vital member of the squad. Rose WANTED to go, but Walker had effectively "taken that departure slot" and we were not going to sell both ion the same window. What you "suspect" and what was are apparently two different things.

Dier was the only one on that list who was approached. I won't go into specifics. He chose to stay because of the manager/it was made clear he was considered a vital member of the squad. Rose WANTED to go, but Walker had effectively "taken that departure slot" and we were not going to sell both ion the same window. What you "suspect" and what was are apparently two different things.
Walker said he didn’t want to go. Publicly he said that after the book was published, have to say that was odd from Poch
I asked Rose if he was leaving when I met him and he said not a chance. It’s his club. Admittedly tat was around 2017/2018 season so a lots changed

Further to the above.

I will forever maintain that was something the previous wa

When me and my mate heard the news, we genuinely thought Poch might walk. It was nothing short of disastrous.

Walker said he didn’t want to go. Publicly he said that after the book was published, have to say that was odd from Poch
I asked Rose if he was leaving when I met him and he said not a chance. It’s his club. Admittedly tat was around 2017/2018 season so a lots changed

As I understood it, Walker was agitating for a move back up North due to some personal matters. Poch acquiesced but was disappointed in the timing of his approach. Rose had also been looking for a move back up north. They shared an agency. Ah yes, the book...that is, for me, the single biggest misstep of Poch's Spurs career. It was fun to read but I still cannot fathom why he did it. There was no reason. I suspect that perhaps it was a favor to his mate, the author, but IMO it was not a great thing to do.

Back