• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jose Mourinho - SACKED

I've demonstrably shown to you that the 400m we spent over 6 seasons pales in comparison to what our rivals spent in the same period and that's with the added benefit of them all starting with a higher calibre of player and spending a varying amount more than us on wages. There's little point going further if you cannot grasp the importance of what those around us were investing in their teams at the same time.

I agree with you it is pointless discussing this further with you as you don’t seem to be able to grasp the concept that with those particular players listed as our base, not the same amount needed to be spent as our rivals who required a substantial rebuild.

I've demonstrably shown to you that the 400m we spent over 6 seasons pales in comparison to what our rivals spent in the same period and that's with the added benefit of them all starting with a higher calibre of player and spending a varying amount more than us on wages. There's little point going further if you cannot grasp the importance of what those around us were investing in their teams at the same time.
In that period, city spent £50m on John Stones.

Spend without context doesn't mean much.

I agree with you it is pointless discussing this further with you as you don’t seem to be able to grasp the concept that with those particular players listed as our base, not the same amount needed to be spent as our rivals who required a substantial rebuild.

Who would have thought that our 14/15 squad was on paper worth several hundred million pounds of investment more than the 4 or 5 teams above us that we would be competing with over the next 6 years - hats off to Levy, Redknapp, AVB and Baldini for putting that together

Last edited:
Who would have thought that our 14/15 squad was on paper worth several hundred million pounds of investment more than the 4 or 5 teams above us that we would be competing with over the next 6 years - hats off to Levy, Redknapp, AVB and Baldini for putting that together
Well Kane alone is a £200m striker
The only one in the league near him is Agüero in that whole period
Similarly we had two full backs worth £50m at their peak (we sold one for that figure)
And Jan of course who was the best left side centre back for some time in the league
Oh and we also had a World Cup winking keeper in our ranks too... and in modern prices of he was say the age of Kepa he would have cost £50m

everything become relative of course

a £10m player 5 years ago is 3 times that now

And as I said the other day, of the player still at the club 14 were brought by Poch and of the ones that play regularly or just play... their average cost is £24m... that’s a pretty high costing group of players and most have priced to be good value for it (numbers skewed upwards by Lo Celso and Ndom and downwards by Alli and Dier for example)

There is now talk for united keeping Oghalo for £15m (gives Greenwood a chance to develop more) and that’s changed their plans by all accounts. Is that ambition? Or is that sensible and a good fit

Well Kane alone is a £200m striker
The only one in the league near him is Agüero in that whole period
Similarly we had two full backs worth £50m at their peak (we sold one for that figure)
And Jan of course who was the best left side centre back for some time in the league
Oh and we also had a World Cup winking keeper in our ranks too... and in modern prices of he was say the age of Kepa he would have cost £50m

everything become relative of course

a £10m player 5 years ago is 3 times that now

And as I said the other day, of the player still at the club 14 were bought by Poch and of the ones that play regularly or just play... their average cost is £24m... that’s a pretty high costing group of players and most have priced to be good value for it (numbers skewed upwards by Lo Celso and Ndom and downwards by Alli and Dier for example)

There is now talk for united keeping Oghalo for £15m (gives Greenwood a chance to develop more) and that’s changed their plans by all accounts. Is that ambition? Or is that sensible and a good fit

Kane was not a 200m striker then, nor for a year or two, if he was ever that valuable.
Walker, maybe, had that level expected of him at that time but Rose, as should recall, was busy being hounded by supporters when signing a new contract and was at that time not considered anywhere near a 50m full back.

And besides all you've listed there is a handful of players of a similar in level in quality to the majority of players our rival clubs could boast. Not exactly the making up of several hundred million pounds of investment that you presumably think it is I'm afraid mate. Some good players with potential though for sure.

Edit:

Don't want to drag this down a pointless player rating exercise so will nip that in the bud - facts are however good that team may or may not had been when he took over (5th then 6th for the record) we invested less than half of what our rivals did in improving the team from that point onward and that is fighting with more than a hand tied behind your back.

Last edited:
Kane was not a 200m striker then, nor for a year or two, if he was ever that valuable.
Walker, maybe, had that level expected of him at that time but Rose, as should recall, was busy being hounded by supporters when signing a new contract and was at that time not considered anywhere near a 50m full back.

And besides all you've listed there is a handful of players of a similar in level in quality to the majority of players our rival clubs could boast. Not exactly the making up of several hundred million pounds of investment that you presumably think it is I'm afraid mate. Some good players with potential though for sure.
All our top players were so good the richer teams wanted them
When did Kane get his first golden boot?
He scored 21 league goals in 14/15 and then he scored 25, 29 and 30
He was here before Poch and is still here of course and no he wasn’t a 200m player and Poch helped him get better but he was developed by the club through his youth and loans etc...
Those handful of players Mentioned were so good they made the majority and core of the best spurs team we have had since the 80s and probably the 60s
And that’s why we didn’t need to invest to replace them... the player we would have needed at the time would have been far far foo expensive and actually there was very very few better
That disparity tailed off though from about 2018 onwards

If we are looking at peak value to peak value, there is a strong argument that that group of players were better than anything else around at that time. And of course, most of them hadn't reached anything like their potential in 14/15.

All our top players were so good the richer teams wanted them
When did Kane get his first golden boot?
He scored 21 league goals in 14/15 and then he scored 25, 29 and 30
He was here before Poch and is still here of course and no he wasn’t a 200m player and Poch helped him get better but he was developed by the club through his youth and loans etc...
Those handful of players Mentioned were so good they made the majority and core of the best spurs team we have had since the 80s and probably the 60s
And that’s why we didn’t need to invest to replace them... the player we would have needed at the time would have been far far foo expensive and actually there was very very few better
That disparity tailed off though from about 2018 onwards

Ah yes i remember all those bids we had to bat off for our players in those years... the only player who seemingly attracted genuine interest was Walker.

And what happened when others became available? Eriksen slinked off to Italy and Alderweireld was left on the shelf despite being available at a bargain price. Funny that

Was about to edit my previous post so will add it here instead :
Don't want to drag this down a pointless player rating exercise so will nip that in the bud - facts are however good that team may or may not had been when he took over (5th then 6th for the record) we invested less than half of what our rivals did in improving the team from that point onward and that in anyone's book is fighting with more than a hand tied behind your back - the best invest to stay at the top, we weren't even at the top and you're seemingly happy to task the manager with getting there with less than half the investment of his peers. Absoloutely ridiculous.

Honestly would love to see you guys take this latest development that the 14/15 Spurs squad with Bentaleb and Mason in the engine room was 400m better off than Emirates Marketing Project Chelsea et all to a non Spurs related board and see the reaction it would receive.

Arguing on the internet really is a mugs game, deary me

Our underlying base of players were young and had a very high ceiling. Lloris, Walker, Rose,Verts, Dembele, Eriksen, Lamela, Siggurdson and Kane. Add to that Dele, Dier, Toby and Wanyama from Poch's first couple of windows and we had the making of an exceptional team. Poch initially delivered by knitting that together.

I consider 400m to be a considerable amount of backing. However, even more crucially, Levy backed Poch by not only keeping all the players Poch wanted to keep - and gave them all extended contracts and hefty pay rises. A lot of our main rivals lost huge high profile players during this period. Previously, Levy had sold Bale, Berbs and Keane to undermine other managers. To say Levy didn't back Poch would be quite wrong.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you had badly worded it, but Levy did not sell bale, Modric, berbatov or any other player to undermine the manager.
Levy has never sold any of our star players that didn't want to leave.

Ah yes i remember all those bids we had to bat off for our players in those years... the only player who seemingly attracted genuine interest was Walker.

And what happened when others became available? Eriksen slinked off to Italy and Alderweireld was left on the shelf despite being available at a bargain price. Funny that

Don't want to drag this down a pointless player rating exercise so will nip that in the bud - facts are however good that team may or may not had been when he took over (5th then 6th for the record) we invested less than half of what our rivals did in improving the team from that point onward and that in anyone's book is fighting with more than a hand tied behind your back - the best invest to stay at the top, we weren't even at the top and you're seemingly happy to task the manager with getting there with less than half the investment of his peers. Absoloutely ridiculous.

Honestly would love to see you guys take this latest development that the 14/15 Spurs squad with Bentaleb and Mason in the engine room was 400m better off than Emirates Marketing Project Chelsea et all to a non Spurs related board and see the reaction it would receive.

Wasn’t Dembele here then and injured which is why Poch played the other two?

And are you saying the other teams around us all spent £850m in that period ? I haven’t checked but that’s a lot

and we had plenty of interest in those players

Mou wanted half the team not that long ago

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you had badly worded it, but Levy did not sell bale, Modric, berbatov or any other player to undermine the manager.
Levy has never sold any of our star players that didn't want to leave.

Agreed. But they were still sold. And I think all of the managers would have preferred they stayed.

Agreed. But they were still sold. And I think all of the managers would have preferred they stayed.

Agreed.

It was a tongue in cheek post BTW, we all know Levy doesn't want to sell these players and wants the best for the club.
But you gave me a free hit and I couldn't resist it ;).

Deary me indeed. You really are making stuff up now. No interest in any of our players! LOL Mourinho himself said he tried to buy several of them - I suspect this included Rose, Dier, Dele, Toby and Kane. And that's just for starters!

Wasn’t Dembele here then and injured which is why Poch played the other two?

And are you saying the other teams around us all spent £850m in that period ? I haven’t checked but that’s a lot

and we had plenty of interest in those players

Mou wanted half the team not that long ago

I've shown in another post that in two consective seasons each our rivals spent 80% +/- of what we did in 6 (well asides from Arsenal who took 3) i was just extrapolating from that, wasn't meant to be set in stone figure. The same Dembele that a lot of people were happy to see out the door after Bentalebs debut season?

And is that really the the crux of your point, that we didn't need as much investment as our rivals because Mourinho wanted to buy Dier or that we had Dembele playing for us?

Come on mate, i can excuse Pirate of that sort of logic but thought better of you.

Bowing out now and frankly questioning what I'm doing wasting my time arguing that Pochettino wasn't backed as much the rest of the top 6.

Last edited:
Deary me indeed. You really are making stuff up now. No interest in any of our players! LOL Mourinho himself said he tried to buy several of them - I suspect this included Rose, Dier, Dele, Toby and Kane. And that's just for starters!
Didn't Poch and Kane knock back Madrid at one point? If so, Kane was obviously satisfied with pay and potential, and Poch was happy with pay and backing?
I remember years of Goons saying Kane will be off, based on him being one of the best around, and far too good for Spurs.

Tbqh i don't recall much of a Madrid assualt on Kane like there was on Poch, iirc the thinking was Poch would go and then Kane would follow, but really i think Kane was happy here and no one would have been able to prise him from us - i think the Madrid chairman even said he wouldn't waste his time bidding for those reasons. But yeah one of the best strikers in the game was obviously wanted by others, same way that we would want players at other top clubs but not consider bidding as the club is unlikely to sell or the player unlikely to switch sides - it seems i need to clear up that i meant in 14/15 when refering to the team we had there. (Mentioning Walker going probably confused my point there)

Last edited:
Tbqh i don't recall much of a Madrid assualt on Kane like there was on Poch, iirc the thinking was Poch would go and then Kane would follow, but really i think Kane was happy here and no one would have been able to prise him from us - i think the Madrid chairman even said he wouldn't waste his time bidding for those reasons. But yeah one of the best strikers in the game was obviously wanted by others, same way that we would want players at other top clubs but not consider bidding as the club is unlikely to sell or the player unlikely to switch sides - it seems i need to clear up that i meant in 14/15 when refering to the team we had there. (Mentioning Walker going probably confused my point there)
https://www.google.com/search?q=mad...rome..69i57.4367j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
The only reason there wasn't an assault, is because Kane told them no.

Back