• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jose Mourinho - SACKED

Look at who we sold under Poch and tell me who was a Poch player
The youth we sold he didn’t want
The senior pros he sold were either all here before and he was cleaning house (good things)
Or failed signings made with him in charge where we lost money (bad thing).Maybe we could have spent more if we didn’t lose money on so many signings
But again we did spend money under a Poch and the average cost of the players he bought that we still have and play is £25m ish... that’s investment
Let me ask you a question.... if from here we give Jose the 17th biggest net transfer fee budget in England to spend over the next 5 years, where do you think he will get us?

Let me ask you a question.... if from here we give Jose the 17th biggest net transfer fee budget in England to spend over the next 5 years, where do you think he will get us?
I think your missing the point
The reason we’re 17th nett is the club sold a load of youth players that were surplus to requirements...That money may well have been used to finance some of the new ground too
Poch brought on 27 players
We made money on 2 or 3 we sold
We lost on the others
The ones he chose to keep cost on average £25m!!!!!
So if we can buy players like Bergwein for £25m I’m actually on with that

I think your missing the point
The reason we’re 17th nett is the club sold a load of youth players that were surplus to requirements...That money may well have been used to finance some of the new ground too
Poch bought on 27 players
We made money on 2 or 3 we sold
We lost on the others
The ones he chose to keep cost on average £25m!!!!!
So if we can buy players like Bergwein for £25m I’m actually on with that
26 players I think... and money was made on 4 of them, with (is it 14?) still at the club. So losses on 8 out of the 26.

26 players I think... and money was made on 4 of them, with (is it 14?) still at the club. So losses on 8 out of the 26.
Who did we make money on?
Trippier
Wimmer
Stambouli
Who else?

and yes we have 14 still here so Poch has -4 players he brought in he was happy with come this summer... that’s 60% of the squad which is a big amount

Mate, last try because I don't think you are genuinely trying to discuss this .. lets' take your scenario

- Any net spend of neutral or less than 20-50M pounds will be in bottom of PL net spend table (say 17th)
- Lets assume we sell Rose, Foyth, Skipp, Sissoko, Lamela, Kane and Dele and for brick's and gigles sake, lets say we get 300 -350M (Kane +Dele probably = 200-250 together)

So we give Jose -> Lloris, Davies, Sanchez, Tanganga, Dier, Aurier, Winks, N'dombele, Lo Celso, Son, Lucas, Bergwijn, Parrott +300M in new players (plus raise our wages) and we have 20-50M left over to fudge up the net spend (keep it positive) ..

Do I think Jose would do better? actually I'm pretty fudging sure he would .. I'd be willing to bet in 2 years he would deliver a trophy, some fudging trophy ..

Mate, last try because I don't think you are genuinely trying to discuss this .. lets' take your scenario

- Any net spend of neutral or less than 20-50M pounds will be in bottom of PL net spend table (say 17th)
- Lets assume we sell Rose, Foyth, Skipp, Sissoko, Lamela, Kane and Dele and for brick's and gigles sake, lets say we get 300 -350M (Kane +Dele probably = 200-250 together)

So we give Jose -> Lloris, Davies, Sanchez, Tanganga, Dier, Aurier, Winks, N'dombele, Lo Celso, Son, Lucas, Bergwijn, Parrott +300M in new players (plus raise our wages) and we have 20-50M left over to fudge up the net spend (keep it positive) ..

Do I think Jose would do better? actually I'm pretty fudging sure he would .. I'd be willing to bet in 2 years he would deliver a trophy, some fudging trophy ..
Kane + Dele I agree.... the rest? £60m between them tops I reckon.

I heard that the loan back to Leeds was because Poch said no. He didn’t want to waste £10m of our funds.
I’ve heard a few rumours and they all contradict each other
We have him back soon and we will get an idea of what if any plan there is for him
He looked decent last season and I don’t judge a player going on loans as long as they learn
Kane had some flop loans and it taught him things
Hard to see where Clarke fits currently though

I was talking about what we spent on players, you were talking about nett spend which seems to have you bewitched
Surely net spend is the best barometer though?

let me put it this way....

Do you agree that in a free market economy prices of things are typically driven by supply and demand, thus with thousands of professional football clubs players will typically be bought/sold for what they are worth? If so then us selling a player for £25 million and buying a player for £30 million is likely to mean that we have improved the squad a bit. However if we instead keep our £25 million player and instead sell a £1 million player and buy that same player for £30 million then we should’ve improved the squad by quite lot. Do you agree this is logical?

Surely net spend is the best barometer though?

let me put it this way....

Do you agree that in a free market economy prices of things are typically driven by supply and demand, thus with thousands of professional football clubs players will typically be bought/sold for what they are worth? If so then us selling a player for £25 million and buying a player for £30 million is likely to mean that we have improved the squad a bit. However if we instead keep our £25 million player and instead sell a £1 million player and buy that same player for £30 million then we should’ve improved the squad by quite lot. Do you agree this is logical?
Football is one of the best examples of assets not being sold for what they're worth.

By the variation in prices Vs performance

There's far too much guesswork in transfers still for the market to reflect value.
The value of anything is merely determined by what an owner will sell for and what a buyer will pay.

players who are proven to be good and performing are very expensive. Players that have shown promise but are not yet proven are reasonably expensive. Players that were once good but have dipped in performance are less expensive than proven players still performing. Once promising players that didn’t fulfill that promise after moving up a level are reasonably cheap. Players that are neither proven, nor promising are cheap.

Most of our signings fall into the promising (pretty much all of them) or once good but dipped category (Moura, Llorente, Aurier). Sissoko was probably the only exception to that and I do agree that we overpaid there by probably £8 million or so, that was a last day of window panic, with the club having missed out on Wjinaldum, who was Poch’s first target and a much better fit.

Last edited:
Back