• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jan Vertonghen

I would argue Wimmer has a better passing range then Vertonghen and isn't too far behind Toby. I remember quite a few pinged balls from him into the channels or into Kane/Ali to create chances. He did well when he came in last season so as far as injuries go, although its disappointing to lose Jan its the only position on the pitch where I feel we have a more like for like cover ready to step up. Fingers crossed for Jan that he comes back soon however.

My biggest concern with Jan out is whether it'll impact Rose and his forward runs. JV provided a very adequate cover, not least because he could fill in as both a left sided CB but also drift out into the LB position should the game / moment dictate it. He also provided a valuable extra body in midfield when the high line pushed up. He's very comfortable on the ball in this respect.

Wimmer is able cover for Verts in terms of the defensive basics; but it's more the loss of Jan's detailed game and positional know-how that I think we'll see has an overall impact on the shape of the team.

My biggest concern with Jan out is whether it'll impact Rose and his forward runs. JV provided a very adequate cover, not least because he could fill in as both a left sided CB but also drift out into the LB position should the game / moment dictate it. He also provided a valuable extra body in midfield when the high line pushed up. He's very comfortable on the ball in this respect.

Wimmer is able cover for Verts in terms of the defensive basics; but it's more the loss of Jan's detailed game and positional know-how that I think we'll see has an overall impact on the shape of the team.
This is my only concern, too. Other than that, if Wimmer was able to step in seamlessly in his first season, I expect him to do the same or better with one season already under his belt.

Tottenham defender Jan Vertonghen's ankle injury not as bad as first feared, confirms Mauricio Pochettino
Tottenham defender Jan Vertonghen's injury is not as bad as first feared, Mauricio Pochettino has confirmed.

Vertonghen injured his ankle as he slipped off the White Hart Lane pitch during last week's win over West Brom.

The Belgian defender was visibly distressed as he left the field, prompting Pochettino to admit that the defender's problem appeared to be a "very bad one".

Vertonghen is facing a minimum of six weeks on the sidelines with the injury, which is similar to the one that ended his Euro 2016 campaign prematurely, but Pochettino is upbeat about the diagnosis.

The 29-year-old will definitely miss Saturday's trip to Emirates Marketing Project with Kevin Wimmer and Ben Davies expected to compete for a place in Tottenham's three-man defence.

But Pochettino has ruled out entering the transfer market to ease the loss of Vertonghen.

"We have plenty of players that can perform in his place and we are very happy with the squad and the players we have," Pochettino insisted.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foo...-first-feared-confirms-mauricio-a3444711.html

Edit:
Video from todays pressie

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/10734578/no-surgery-for-vertonghen

Last edited:
"Spurs worried defender Vertonghen would miss three months, but now Pochettino hopes the Belgian centre back will only be missing for six weeks.

'Jan is okay, he's very positive, we are pushing him a lot,' said Pochettino.

'We expect him to be out for six weeks, less than we first thought. I don't want to set a limit or the time, but I think that's very positive. When your mind is good, positive, you can even recover early.'"

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...d-Erik-Lamela-s-hip-injury.html#ixzz4WDzBTuub

IMG_1949PNG.jpg

Back in the gym already. Some reports saying he could be back in 4 weeks.

If he could be back for Stoke or Everton that would be amazing

If Ghod had meant football to be played in the air, he'd have put grass on the clouds.

Sultans of Ping FC:

Give him a ball & a yard of grass
He'll give you a move with a perfect pass
Give him a ball & a yard of space
He'll give you a move with godly grace

He 's a nice young man with a lovely smile

A man can have no greater love than give 9O minutes to his friends

If GHod had meant the game to be played up there
He would've put goal posts in the air
If GHod had meant the game to be played up there
He would've put goal posts in the air

If GHod had meant the game to be played up high