1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice

Jack Clarke

Discussion in 'Transfer Archives' started by NaijaSpurs, 23 May 2019.

1. Daisuk

Daisuk Johnny Morrison

Seems like this one is happening.

2. Daisuk

Daisuk Johnny Morrison

nayenezgani likes this.
  3. AdamB

AdamB Jack Jull

I've only seen this guy on YouTube but signing a promising 18 year old English player who has already played Championship football for £8.5m seems like a decent it of business. One more decent season and they'd be asking £30m.

From the obligatory clip compilation, it looks like he has some footballing ability (control, passing, shooting etc) rather than just pace. Seems quite Moura/Son like, though TBC whether he could develop into a CF as well

Would give us another option off the bench and obviously useful for the home-grown quota as he effectively takes GKN's place in the squad. With Vorm leaving as well, we'll have freed up two overseas spots in the squad (assuming we flog or give GKN away)

4. SpurMeUp

SpurMeUp Les Ferdinand

This signing would make a lot of sense. One for the future though. First step is to knuckle down and work hard.

nayenezgani likes this.
  5. Cochise

Cochise Steve Carr

Reading around it would appear that he wants a chance to train with the first team and make an impression like Dele on his debut season.

nayenezgani likes this.
  6. glasgowspur

glasgowspur Steve Carr

Would be clever to get a signing like this in as the first one for two windows.
    Takes a bit of a bit from the pressure off the big name signings.

Bullet likes this.
  7. Bedfordspurs

Bedfordspurs Paul Stewart

I saw him play a few times last year
    He stood out cos os his size as he isn’t a skinny winger, he is more like chadli in his height and build
    He was happy to work hard
    He knew how to pass
    That was it but their fans at the time were really happy wth him

8. NaijaSpurs

NaijaSpurs Pedro Mendes

That is what people said about Dele, but Dele had other ideas.

Cochise and SpurMeUp like this.
  9. Yiddo

Yiddo Edgar Davids

Isn't Shackleton supposed to be the superstar over there? he is only a year older, maybe we are going for the wrong one?

10. Danishfurniturelover

Danishfurniturelover Jack Jull

Well he is going to have to endure being stranded up there for 2 years before we come to his rescue, hey, do you like that?? and the teachers said I learned nothing at school, pfft.

Yiddo likes this.
  11. Danishfurniturelover

Danishfurniturelover Jack Jull

To be fair it was a nice place and she was by far the worse person I have ever met from there.

Bedfordspurs likes this.
  12. nayenezgani

nayenezgani Vedran Corluka

I think this will be a wonderful signing and is hopefully just the start of our dealings.

Clarke has so much untapped potential, he reminds me a bit of a young Gareth Bale. Powerful, quick and tricky. The fact that he wants to join up immediately and fight for a place is a real positive.

If we can get him for 8m it's an absolute no-brainer and a fabulous coup. Poch will have had good information from Bielsa too.

Well done Levy, if it's true of course.

Last edited: 24 Jun 2019
  13. Gazza

Gazza Dean Austin

You can't watch the same YouTube highlights over and over again for it to count.

14. nayenezgani

nayenezgani Vedran Corluka

I watched Leeds play a number of times last season, so I'm not just relying on YouTube in this case.

Bedfordspurs likes this.
  15. mephitis

mephitis Sebastien Bassong

This'll go down well in our household :eek: My missus is only just coming to terms with us cleaning out the LUFC dressing room after the Ridsdale debacle :rolleyes:

Only thing that might calm her down is at least he's not going to "scum" (ManU).

Good player though and Bielsa's got their heads right.

16. alekaras

alekaras The ITK of IDK

He's exactly the kind of signing we need/should make. I have no idea why, but it just sounds like the right thing to say at this stage.

Aldo and Rorschach like this.
  17. harr1984

harr1984 Pat van den Hauwe

Absolutely agree, Clarke is a classic Spurs type signing under Poch - he's got all the tools to succeed. I cant believe we would get him for £8m that would be the equivalent of when we signed Lennon for £1m:D.....

18. nayimfromthehalfwayline

nayimfromthehalfwayline Andy Thompson

I think the opposite, to be honest.

It takes the pressure of Clarke, because its like "18 months and thats it? Wheres the good stuff...."

People want a TRANSFER, not a could-be-good-in-a-season-prospect.

So, for me, Clarke flies under the radar while all eyes are focused on N'Dombele*

*Incidentally, he is only 22 having had two decent seasons at Lyon. He isnt Ronaldo, but the hype train rolls on.... I suspect he could use a bit of time and patience as well (should he come in!)

nayenezgani and harr1984 like this.
  19. glasgowspur

glasgowspur Steve Carr

If he's the only transfer we do then yes huge pressure. But if he's the precursor to ndombele, lo celso and zaniola for example then I feel it takes some heat off them.
    Helps keep the narrative of only signing who we want and not just anybody going.

20. nayimfromthehalfwayline

nayimfromthehalfwayline Andy Thompson

I just dont see what Clarke does to take the heat off of the more "prime" transfers.

Clarke is a second tier signing, not a first 11. Someone to bring in, have a look at, see if they develop.

Honestly the sort of signing I love, but for those looking at our dealings with a more critical eye he will be no more than an after thought.

I certainly dont see his signing diminishing anything around (say) N'Dombele or Lo Celso or Zaniola who will come in with big fees and the appropriate hype/expectation.