• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Impressed with players who played against us

metalgear

Nayim
Ba scored, but it was Ben Arfa who was the man of the match for me. Not just a dribbler but a brave little bugger who has the audacity to take on VDV and Lennon... BOTH at the same time too. There were rumours linking us to him when he was available for cheap; not sure why we weren't in for him as we've always lacked a proper dribbler.

Yeah I was impressed with Ben Arfa, got both of our central midfielders on yellow cards within the opening 20 minutes through his dribbling ability which at the end of the day caused us problems in terms of being the most physical in the middle of the park. Won the penalty himself with some quick feet and also took a great penalty sending Friedel the wrong way.

Ben Arfa is the type of player I would like us to bring in as cover for bale and Lennon. Can play both sides and is unpredictable. With 7 subs there's plenty of room for him in an 18 man squad and someone like him would enable us to give Bale and Lennon a rest rather than run them into the ground over 55 games per season

Ben Arfa is the type of player I would like us to bring in as cover for bale and Lennon. Can play both sides and is unpredictable. With 7 subs there's plenty of room for him in an 18 man squad and someone like him would enable us to give Bale and Lennon a rest rather than run them into the ground over 55 games per season

Someone of that quality for cover?! He could get in our team....

I remember watching him play for Lyon in a friendly against us and thought he was class

I'm impressed by Dembele. I had the misfortune to watch our last match of the 2012/12 season again there a few weeks back and he was brilliant. Best player on the park I thought even though they lost.

Although is shooting is suggested as a weakness but he had 4 great shots against us in that game, all excellently saved thankfully. I have a feeling he's gonna move on to another level this year and we'll kicking ourselves we didn't try and sign him.

Better tackle rate than most DM's too.

Tacklers Team Tackles Success rate
Cabaye Saudi Sportswashing Machine 111 70%
Dembélé Fulham 107 75%
Parker Tottenham 106 71%
Figueroa Wigan 105 70%
Allen Swansea 102 73%

Are you taking the tinkle? Ben Arfa as cover? :ross:

He's better than both Bale and Lennon.

It would never happen, he loves it here, he would only leave us for Barcelona or Real Madrid.

:ross: :ross: :ross:

Its not that laughable its certainly a close call between Bale and Ben Arfa. Bale is definitely overhyped in the media due to the fact he plays for one of the big London teams and to an extent on here aswell. Lets put it this way if Ben Arfa was with us and Bale at Saudi Sportswashing Machine I wouldn't be surprised if we were all saying how much better Ben Arfa is than Bale....

Are you taking the tinkle? Ben Arfa as cover? :ross:

He's better than both Bale and Lennon.

It would never happen, he loves it here, he would only leave us for Barcelona or Real Madrid.

Idiot.

Though I'm close to calling AdamB the same for thinking that Ben Arfa would go somewhere to be 'cover'.

Different players, different strengths, neither would move to a 'lesser club'.

Someone of that quality for cover?! He could get in our team....

When he plays well he could yes. When he cant be bothered he wouldnt. At least with Bale and Lennon you know that, as well as having quality, even if we're playing Bolton away on a wet January evening they'll still turn up and give 100%

Point is htat we need a third wide man who can play on both sides

Ba scored, but it was Ben Arfa who was the man of the match for me. Not just a dribbler but a brave little bugger who has the audacity to take on VDV and Lennon... BOTH at the same time too. There were rumours linking us to him when he was available for cheap; not sure why we weren't in for him as we've always lacked a proper dribbler.

Ben Arfa has been about for years. For some reason nobody seemed keen to take a punt on him, which, considering how cheap he has always been available seems like madness to me. I remember him destroying the left wing playing at Lyon and just couldn't believe nobody came in for him. Said when Saudi Sportswashing Machine got him it would be a very good signing.

Idiot.

Though I'm close to calling AdamB the same for thinking that Ben Arfa would go somewhere to be 'cover'.

Different players, different strengths, neither would move to a 'lesser club'.

Call it cover or call it someone who could rotate with them. However if we had HBA, Bale and Lennon would still start if we had a cup final and therefore in my mind HBA would be cover. Bale and Lennon give you consistency as well as quality

From what I read, Adam clearly wrote "type" of player... I'd completely agree that we should be looking at that type of player to provide cover and competition for Bale and Lennon.

Ben Arfa has been about for years. For some reason nobody seemed keen to take a punt on him, which, considering how cheap he has always been available seems like madness to me. I remember him destroying the left wing playing at Lyon and just couldn't believe nobody came in for him. Said when Saudi Sportswashing Machine got him it would be a very good signing.

Its because he has a very poor attitude, similar to Gourcoff. Always had talent but no application.

When he plays well he could yes. When he cant be bothered he wouldnt. At least with Bale and Lennon you know that, as well as having quality, even if we're playing Bolton away on a wet January evening they'll still turn up and give 100%Point is htat we need a third wide man who can play on both sides

Really? If you could look at the match ratings thread for last season Bale was given low scores for a lot of games. When he is on form he is on form, but he is average - disappointing for a lot of games too. Lennon in many ways is better than Bale, certainly in terms of consistency but Bales' end product is much better....

Ben Arfa is better than Lennon, but no way better than Bale. And yes, probably Saudi Sportswashing Machine´s best squad member

Back