• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

How To Win The League Title

chicken_badge

Gudni Bergsson
Right, so I have a plan. It might sound crazy, but it might just work. It is perfectly suited to Tottenham Hotspur who have consistently proven themselves to be the fifth best side in the league. I post this in the hope that Andre or Steffan are secret GG posters and are rethinking this seasons game plan.

I am confident that this plan will work in a post-Bale scenario, as I assume that our squad at the start of September will remain top five potential. But we aren't talking about top five, we are talking about winning the whole damn thing!!!

But first: points total. This is what it's all about, the magic number. And I suggest the magic number is.... 90. It's a decent haul, the numbers stack up (as I will show below) and the highest points total reached without winning the league was 89 by Man U two seasons ago. Of course, we managed to set our own similar statistic last season but hey-ho, lets move on.....

So this is the plan, in a nutshell. There are two strategies:
1) Write off any match against Emirates Marketing Project, Manchester United, Chelsea.
2) Win every other game.

Now, there is a rider with this, in that in the teams I include in part 2) are Arsenal. Number-wise, we could afford to lose these matches. However, personally the games against the gooners are almost championships in themselves and I never ever want to see a Spurs side contemplate anything but winning a NLD. But assuming a points haul from the remaining games, there are 15 other teams and if we take 6/6 from each of them there's your 90 points. Dawson is holding the Premier League trophy on an open top bus down Tottenham High Road.

So how do we actually do this? Well the so called top three teams basically become Europa League matches for us. Treat them with similar disdain. Field the kids. Field the fringe players. Friedel in goal, Kane solo striker up front, Fryers and Livermore at centre back. Any players with more than 50 loyalty points is ruled out. 10% members discount in the club shop. Cat C prices, kids for a quid etc.

Our remaining games make up a 32-game season. Must win. Full squad available, if we are playing Chelsea one week then Hull the next, and Livermore is one match from a suspension, we play Gomes as a number 5. Of course, you may look at this and think "hang on a minute, Sunderland away or Norwich at home.... These matches aren't always guaranteed wins are they?". No, but without the added pressure of these Sky blockbuster games we will have more resources to throw at these so called lesser fixtures.

Think about those games against Chelsea, where we struggle and panic about fielding half ready star players, and sweat blood and come away with nil point? Well, just chill. Que sera, sera, maybe our young guns might scrape a glorious point in one game, or maybe even manage a giant killing. No reason why not, even chod like QPR and Reading managed the odd day in the sun last year. Well, maybe not Reading. But I don't think our reserves will fare much worse than them and anyway, The Grand Plan does not factor in any points from these games.

But the other 32.... we go hell for leather. Fact is, we are better than the other 15 teams in the league. No question about it. Full strength, fully focused and we have enough depth to batter them all. Stoke away? We got muscle to match and when they are knackered on goes Lennon to see if their full backs can do something other than throw a ball a very long way. We take our full allocation of away tickets and pay for those mental Indonesian Spurs fans to be flown over for those matches. 1882 every game. We make a big, massive flag, bigger than the frickin Kop, and unfurl it before each game. Any ref decisions against us in those games and Steffan or Les or whoever gets right in their face proper fury, spit coming out, and takes a red for the team. Clattenburg and co will soon learn that you don't mess with AVBs men while he just sits back, the untouchable Godfather in the corner of the restaurant with a napkin tucked in sucking up some spaghetti.

Chelsea, Man U, City, they won't like it, but what can they do? They can't beat us when they're not playing us, can they? Goal difference? Who cares. We'll win the league on points, minus a zillion goals. But I tell you what, Fryers and Livermore will have a much better understanding by the end of the campaign.

I know this wont sit well with the "I Want Tottenham To Win Every Match phalanx" but I am hoping it will inspire a newly formed "I Want Tottenham To Win The Premier League Society". And I am not advocating that the players who start against Man U, City, do not try. No, they go out there and sweat blood trying to handle world class strikers like Aguero and Van Persie. I just want to see Fryers and Livermore sweating blood to handle the world class strikers. And, I admit, partly because it was a bloody funny today.

Last edited:
YIkWNwh.gif

Right, so I have a plan. It might sound crazy, but it might just work. It is perfectly suited to Tottenham Hotspur who have consistently proven themselves to be the fifth best side in the league. I post this in the hope that Andre or Steffan are secret GG posters and are rethinking this seasons game plan.

I am confident that this plan will work in a post-Bale scenario, as I assume that our squad at the start of September will remain top five potential. But we aren't talking about top five, we are talking about winning the whole damn thing!!!

But first: points total. This is what it's all about, the magic number. And I suggest the magic number is.... 90. It's a decent haul, the numbers stack up (as I will show below) and the highest points total reached without winning the league was 89 by Man U two seasons ago. Of course, we managed to set our own similar statistic last season but hey-ho, lets move on.....

So this is the plan, in a nutshell. There are two strategies:
1) Write off any match against Emirates Marketing Project, Manchester United, Chelsea.
2) Win every other game.

Now, there is a rider with this, in that in the teams I include in part 2) are Arsenal. Number-wise, we could afford to lose these matches. However, personally the games against the gooners are almost championships in themselves and I never ever want to see a Spurs side contemplate anything but winning a NLD. But assuming a points haul from the remaining games, there are 15 other teams and if we take 6/6 from each of them there's your 90 points. Dawson is holding the Premier League trophy on an open top bus down Tottenham High Road.

So how do we actually do this? Well the so called top three teams basically become Europa League matches for us. Treat them with similar disdain. Field the kids. Field the fringe players. Friedel in goal, Kane solo striker up front, Fryers and Livermore at centre back. Any players with more than 50 loyalty points is ruled out. 10% members discount in the club shop. Cat C prices, kids for a quid etc.

Our remaining games make up a 32-game season. Must win. Full squad available, if we are playing Chelsea one week then Hull the next, and Livermore is one match from a suspension, we play Gomes as a number 5. Of course, you may look at this and think "hang on a minute, Sunderland away or Norwich at home.... These matches aren't always guaranteed wins are they?". No, but without the added pressure of these Sky blockbuster games we will have more resources to throw at these so called lesser fixtures.

Think about those games against Chelsea, where we struggle and panic about fielding half ready star players, and sweat blood and come away with nil point? Well, just chill. Que sera, sera, maybe our young guns might scrape a glorious point in one game, or maybe even manage a giant killing. No reason why not, even chod like QPR and Reading managed the odd day in the sun last year. Well, maybe not Reading. But I don't think our reserves will fare much worse than them and anyway, The Grand Plan does not factor in any points from these games.

But the other 32.... we go hell for leather. Fact is, we are better than the other 15 teams in the league. No question about it. Full strength, fully focused and we have enough depth to batter them all. Stoke away? We got muscle to match and when they are knackered on goes Lennon to see if their full backs can do something other than throw a ball a very long way. We take our full allocation of away tickets and pay for those mental Indonesian Spurs fans to be flown over for those matches. 1882 every game. We make a big, massive flag, bigger than the frickin Kop, and unfurl it before each game. Any ref decisions against us in those games and Steffan or Les or whoever gets right in their face proper fury, spit coming out, and takes a red for the team. Clattenburg and co will soon learn that you don't mess with AVBs men while he just sits back, the untouchable Godfather in the corner of the restaurant with a napkin tucked in sucking up some spaghetti.

Chelsea, Man U, City, they won't like it, but what can they do? They can't beat us when they're not playing us, can they? Goal difference? Who cares. We'll win the league on points, minus a zillion goals. But I tell you what, Fryers and Livermore will have a much better understanding by the end of the campaign.

I know this wont sit well with the "I Want Tottenham To Win Every Match phalanx" but I am hoping it will inspire a newly formed "I Want Tottenham To Win The Premier League Society". And I am not advocating that the players who start against Man U, City, do not try. No, they go out there and sweat blood trying to handle world class strikers like Aguero and Van Persie. I just want to see Fryers and Livermore sweating blood to handle the world class strikers. And, I admit, partly because it was a bloody funny today.

You know, it just might work..

I know it's mental.
But we will emerge winners.
TRUST.

Well Paulinho, Sandro, Vertonghen and Lloris are all winners, that's a core. We just need that mentality of "WE WILL NEVER BE BEATEN" which I actually feel we showed last year, 2 losses in our last 22 prem games and those were against Liverpool and Fulham I believe!? Which is an outstanding record really, one thing I really loved was how we never knew when to quit.

Humans is humans. JD stayed on the field in a friendly for maybe longer than he should have in the last game to get his hat-trick..next game he pulls up with a hamstring.
We get drawn against Accrington Stanley 2 days before an EPL game against Manchester United..a striker thinks ..hello I can bump up my goals tally..

Mix:

[video=youtube;hHsIzHLctgI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHsIzHLctgI[/video]

With:

[video=youtube;HdNHBnH4wUw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdNHBnH4wUw[/video]

and you have that potential.

Back