• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

Everyone on here seems to have turned their ankle At one time or another.:( I was about 18 when I did mine. Hurt like b*ggery at the time and swelled up like a rugby ball. I was in the school hospital for a few days and they had to put a cage over it as I couldn't even take the pain of the bedsheets on it. However, if memory servers me well, I was back playing again in a few weeks.

The best injury I ever had was breaking my wrist in a Cup Final. I was guesting for a team of Surveyors while I was at Uni. The break wasn't too bad, but as it was my writing hand, it got me out of the end of year exams! Now that is what I call a result!

Seems Kane's ligament damage isn't as bad as last time and so hopefully he should only miss a couple of Spurs games Fingers crossed.

The old diagnosis on ankle ligaments was:

6 weeks if it was the first time you'd done that ankle
3-4 weeks for subsequent times
Ally McCoist famously returned in about 2 weeks from one for a major international tournament (1996 or 1990)

Complete guess work just like the telegraph one I saw earlier saying we are hopeful he will be back within 7 weeks.

They've taken the length of the last injury and used the comment from the club that it's not severe as last time, to come up with 6 weeks and within 7 weeks respectively.

Utter garbage from both articles written by idiots.

3-4 weeks maximum.

Yes and the articles originally had him out for the season based upon poch saying it looked similar injury as earlier in the season. Got to get those clicks baby

Did Son play as the 'striker' in the draws to crap teams in Harry's absence i.e. WBA, Bournemouth and Leicester?

To answer my own question, interestingly we had three different variations in each of the games we drew against crap teams in Harry's absence.

For wba we had Wanyama holding on his own, allowing an attacking 4 of Lamela, Dele, Eriksen and Sissoko to support lone striker Janssen. We played well in this game and only a heroic performance from Foster prevented us from winning.

For bounemouth we had Wanyama and Dembele at the base with Lamela, Dele and Eriksen supporting Son. We were awful in this game and didn't even deserve the point we got.

For leicester we had Wanyama and Dembele at the base with Son, Dele and Eriksen supporting lone striker Janssen. We deserved to win this game and only the sole error of Wanyama's Spurs career prevented us from doing so.

Worth adding that Alderweireld came off against wba and was missing for the games against bournemouth and leicester. We also played a back 4 in all three games.

For soton I'd still pick the wing backs system and have Dele and Eriksen supporting a basically false 9 in Son. The same system and defence should allow us to prevent soton from scoring and I'd expect our front 3 to still cause enough chaos to get a couple of goals.

Here is what Matt Law bases his 'the telegraph understands' Kane will just make it back in time for the NLD:
Were Kane to return for the derby, then he would have missed a total of six weeks which tallies with Tottenham’s claim that his latest injury is not quite as bad as his last ankle problem.

Haha

I see precious little point in trying to second guess how long Harry will be out. How many times do projected return dates work out? My guess is they are more often wrong than right. Sometimes that's because the player makes an unexpectedly swift recovery but all too often it's the other way about. Who could have guessed Lamela would be out all season?

So it will be what it will be and we just have to deal with it. That's what Poch and the team have no other choice but to do and anyway who knows? It might just be that Janssen is about to start banging them in like he did for Ajax.

We can but hope, but stranger things have happened.

He'll play when the manager thinks he's ready like everyone else who are out injured, injuries are all part of the game and teams have to be able to cope with them, it's pointless getting all worked up about it and we just have to hope it's not too long before they all return.

He'll play when the manager thinks he's ready like everyone else who are out injured, injuries are all part of the game and teams have to be able to cope with them, it's pointless getting all worked up about it and we just have to hope it's not too long before they all return.

True but injuries to key players this season so far equates to 14 months and counting, so we're bound to be cursing our incredible bad luck in this regard especially when those clams in Fulham have had no injuries.

They'd be nothing in it at the top had it been at least a little more balanced.

He is injured, I predict he will be back before end of season. Maybe as a sub.

Dang, there goes ye golden boot - mind you, nothing a couple of hat tricks couldn't resolve, COYS !!!

The hope I hold is that the medical department have done a great job on Vertonghen with a similar injury. He was back sooner than expected and im sure in my heart Kane will want to be back for the semi against Chelsea

Back