• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

Graham Hunter's "Steve Archibald" podcast over the last couple of weeks is very interesting listening. How he never would have left Spurs and didn't want to go to Barca but Irving Scholar thought he knew best and pushed him out to get the money.

Anyway, Archibald was saying how he would know where to move when each midfielder got the ball, e.g. Strachan liked to play a short pass and receive it back, so as Strachan was getting the ball Archibald would make a run away from him to draw the centre back away, then spin and go back towards Strachan for the short pass. With others he would run towards then spin and run long for the through ball.

Similarly he always felt in control of the CB because the centre back has to do a job all game, he has to watch the ball and the runners, he has to be the right side, he has to guard the goal and pass players on and do loads of jobs all at once. All Stevie had to do was fool him or get behind him a few times and he'd score and win and be the hero. Interesting stuff, made me think of Kane and the little things that a striker has to learn along the way.
I loved Archibald. As a striker he was pretty damn complete as he was a fox in the box, could blast 'em from range, assist and was decent in the air. He took more care of us...

yeah very effective talented player. Imagine having to work with Garth GHod bless him.
He's active on twitter and his avatar is in that lovely 81 white le coq top. And that team was the gonad*s. They were brilliant and brilliantly 'Spurs-y'. Damn!!!!!

Graham Hunter's "Steve Archibald" podcast over the last couple of weeks is very interesting listening. How he never would have left Spurs and didn't want to go to Barca but Irving Scholar thought he knew best and pushed him out to get the money.

Anyway, Archibald was saying how he would know where to move when each midfielder got the ball, e.g. Strachan liked to play a short pass and receive it back, so as Strachan was getting the ball Archibald would make a run away from him to draw the centre back away, then spin and go back towards Strachan for the short pass. With others he would run towards then spin and run long for the through ball.

Similarly he always felt in control of the CB because the centre back has to do a job all game, he has to watch the ball and the runners, he has to be the right side, he has to guard the goal and pass players on and do loads of jobs all at once. All Stevie had to do was fool him or get behind him a few times and he'd score and win and be the hero. Interesting stuff, made me think of Kane and the little things that a striker has to learn along the way.

Used to love watching Archibald play, very underated player in the media and by opposing teams fans. I used to work with a City fan who did not get him and i used to say watch him play and the runs he made to lose his marker and create space for others.

I had a spare ticket for the UEFA final in 84 and took him with me, after the game he admitted that it was the first time he had seen Archie live and said he now accepted why i was always saying what a great player he was.

Used to love watching Archibald play, very underated player in the media and by opposing teams fans. I used to work with a City fan who did not get him and i used to say watch him play and the runs he made to lose his marker and create space for others.

I had a spare ticket for the UEFA final in 84 and took him with me, after the game he admitted that it was the first time he had seen Archie live and said he now accepted why i was always saying what a great player he was.

Excellent post and in full agreement. A very very clever striker.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Can anyone help me, how come on some memorabilia he signs it with a number 16 ? Thanks in advance merry xmas x

Could barely believe it when people were calling for him to be subbed at half time in the Southampton omt.

Came up with the winner again despite having a somewhat quiet game overall. Exactly what a top strike like he does.

Back