• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

Our top class striker whose clearly returning to form only having one touch inside the box is damning for the rest of the team, but not for Kane.

Kane was awful
Spent too much time coming for the ball rather than waiting for it
Classic of standing still some times to create space wouldn't hurt either

Kane was awful
Spent too much time coming for the ball rather than waiting for it
Classic of standing still some times to create space wouldn't hurt either

He was coming for the ball because staying up front he was obviously not getting the ball any other way. Other than long balls from the central defenders where he had to receive the ball facing his own goal 40 yards from goal with Rojo bearing down on him before he even received the ball.

It was a classic Kane performance except we didn't manage to fashion that one chance for him to bury. Had it been him who got the one on one with De Gea that Alli didn't fancy, or him that got the headed chance Wanyama got... But alas, all we created for him was. Well. Not much.

He was coming for the ball because staying up front he was obviously not getting the ball any other way. Other than long balls from the central defenders where he had to receive the ball facing his own goal 40 yards from goal with Rojo bearing down on him before he even received the ball.

It was a classic Kane performance except we didn't manage to fashion that one chance for him to bury. Had it been him who got the one on one with De Gea that Alli didn't fancy, or him that got the headed chance Wanyama got... But alas, all we created for him was. Well. Not much.

IMO he came deep and effectively took himself out of the game. He was ineffective coming deep and his mistake cost us the goal

If he stayed up front and had a battle with their centre backs he may have created something for someone else. It's how Zlatan played today who I thought was brilliant

In desperate need of a real alternative, that young french chap whose name I have forgot should be getting more of a run out to give kane a rest, I know george(think it is) is more of a wide player, but kane is so isolated it is unreal at times.

I don't believe that this is the first time we've seen Kane drop too deep for the game looking for the ball. I'm not saying he never should do that. His hold up play and his passing ability are both quite good. But too often we've got the ball in the opposition half with nobody in the box to play in, there were a couple of times I noticed where Rose had the ball looking to cross it into the box, but Kane was standing next to him on the byline instead of being in a position where he could score. The other problem with him dropping deep is that he's not a pacey, dribbling type striker like Aguero, Sanchez or even what Defoe used to be for us - the type that will carry the ball from a deeper position, get the opposition running backwards towards goal and create a chance for himself from distance.

We saw Alli making a few spontaneous runs from deep into the box for Alderweireld to try and pick out, it nearly came off a couple of times - Harry needs to be doing more of the same as that penalty area is where he does his thing.

I don't believe that this is the first time we've seen Kane drop too deep for the game looking for the ball. I'm not saying he never should do that. His hold up play and his passing ability are both quite good. But too often we've got the ball in the opposition half with nobody in the box to play in, there were a couple of times I noticed where Rose had the ball looking to cross it into the box, but Kane was standing next to him on the byline instead of being in a position where he could score. The other problem with him dropping deep is that he's not a pacey, dribbling type striker like Aguero, Sanchez or even what Defoe used to be for us - the type that will carry the ball from a deeper position, get the opposition running backwards towards goal and create a chance for himself from distance.

We saw Alli making a few spontaneous runs from deep into the box for Alderweireld to try and pick out, it nearly came off a couple of times - Harry needs to be doing more of the same as that penalty area is where he does his thing.

Zlatan today gave a master class on how you play the role e en if your up against defenders who may have your number

He stayed in attack and was nearly always the last man. Kane got the ball many times behind Alli and son and went sideways or backwards with it.

Against top sides he has to stay as the focal point no bring others in. People said he was isolated but I think he wasn't a solid he always went to his own players

Really disappointed with him today - before the game, I thought he could easily boss their CBs. Would have liked to have seen Poch move Son up top and Kane into the no 10 role when it became apparent that he was doing eff all

Our movement and passing up front - not HK but everyone - is not decisive enough, often enough. Cleaner passes and runs required. We knew we had a young attack and it shows. 24 the oldest player in attack. But maybe the midweek game took the edge out of their performance today?

not his best game by any stretch of the imagination but his performance reflects the malaise affecting the team at the moment

Not going to be to hard on Kane because since he has come back into the team he has done what he is supposed to do, he was poor against Utd but most/some of our players have been like that for most of the season. As for him dropping deep? well imo that is were he is at his best and i have said on here several times i think his best role will be behind a main striker, for me he seems to perfect for the role as he DOES drop deep a lot and likes to run with the ball, the problem is that to do that at his best he needs a guy in front of him.

I know there are many who disagree with my opinion but seeing the posts above then its something he has done all season but obviously it has not been as noticable to some.

IMO he came deep and effectively took himself out of the game. He was ineffective coming deep and his mistake cost us the goal

If he stayed up front and had a battle with their centre backs he may have created something for someone else. It's how Zlatan played today who I thought was brilliant

In order for that to happen you need Eriksen and Son to be 'on' and doing as much as Alli was trying to do. Eriksen was poor yesterday, Sonny lacked quality and touch. Stats will show Kane gave the ball Way which lead to the goal, but surely we all saw him receive, look to play the quick ball forward and notice that Sonny had wandered offside by a couple of yards thus forcing him to check his pass; at which point Eriksen needs to drop in behind Harry for the close pass. Instead he is square and vulnerable.

Harry was well-doubled by Utd yesterday (Rojo was a shadow) and when Harry is doubled like that and dropping deep/wide, we need more than Alli to try and find the spaces being created.

The player we are missing big-time is Lamela.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Not going to be to hard on Kane because since he has come back into the team he has done what he is supposed to do, he was poor against Utd but most/some of our players have been like that for most of the season. As for him dropping deep? well imo that is were he is at his best and i have said on here several times i think his best role will be behind a main striker, for me he seems to perfect for the role as he DOES drop deep a lot and likes to run with the ball, the problem is that to do that at his best he needs a guy in front of him.

I know there are many who disagree with my opinion but seeing the posts above then its something he has done all season but obviously it has not been as noticable to some.

Indeed. You need one of Son and Eriksen to forage with Alli when Kane drops deeper. Sadly both those players were 'off' yesterday. I have to also say that I thought Moose slowed us down again. He is a conundrum. Personally I would like to have seen Winks play deep with Dier yesterday, as Winks moves the ball very quickly. Victor deserves a rest.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Kane-as-Bane-1.png

Kane as Bane

Graham Hunter's "Steve Archibald" podcast over the last couple of weeks is very interesting listening. How he never would have left Spurs and didn't want to go to Barca but Irving Scholar thought he knew best and pushed him out to get the money.

Anyway, Archibald was saying how he would know where to move when each midfielder got the ball, e.g. Strachan liked to play a short pass and receive it back, so as Strachan was getting the ball Archibald would make a run away from him to draw the centre back away, then spin and go back towards Strachan for the short pass. With others he would run towards then spin and run long for the through ball.

Similarly he always felt in control of the CB because the centre back has to do a job all game, he has to watch the ball and the runners, he has to be the right side, he has to guard the goal and pass players on and do loads of jobs all at once. All Stevie had to do was fool him or get behind him a few times and he'd score and win and be the hero. Interesting stuff, made me think of Kane and the little things that a striker has to learn along the way.

Off form again.. Here is to regaining form over the New Year. I so want us to spank Chelski!

Fine margins... Had several good shots blocked around the area. Bit more luck going his way and the little half a yard of space would have been there and one would have flown in, or it would have been deflected in instead of being blocked. Also inches away from putting away our second.

Another decent game from him, like we saw quite a few last season.

Back