• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Graham Taylor

I'm sure I heard once that at one of his spells at Watford he insisted that the players did a few hours community service each week. Had it written into their contracts.

I'm sure I heard once that at one of his spells at Watford he insisted that the players did a few hours community service each week. Had it written into their contracts.
7 hours a week, at Watford, according to the BBC today.

Grew up in Watford so was aware of Graham Taylor from his early meteoric rise through the divisions with Watford as I saw them play quite a lot. He was enthusiastic, and it is too simplistic to say he only played a long ball game. I too think he was unfortunate to get beten by some appalling refereeing decisions in the play off vs the Dutch in '93. Koeman shouldn't have been on the pitch to score the winner!

Indeed, I've always blamed Koeman for that but I suppose I should blame the ref.

((I still blame Koeman for that. Gutting after the excitement of the 1990 semi final))

Back