• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Goa, anyone been?

Danishfurniturelover

the prettiest spice girl
Wife booked up for February. Anyone know what it is like, she swung it to me saying one of the Bourne movies was filmed where we are going.

Should be nice weather there that time of the year.

Wife booked up for February. Anyone know what it is like, she swung it to me saying one of the Bourne movies was filmed where we are going.

Should be nice weather there that time of the year.

It's a beautiful place. Do you know whether it's North Beach or Sourh Beach? South Beach is much quieter, with long stretches of empty white sand beaches, with a scattering of excellent beach shack bar/restaurants. North Beach is much busier with a bit more of a party/hippy reputation I think (although with plenty of 'traditional' holidaymakers too). Many more eating places and bars lined up along the beach as well as stalls selling stuff. You can walk between the two. We stayed at one of the South Beach hotels and I preferred that but it was off the back of a busy couple of weeks so the peace and quiet and doing pretty much nothing was welcome.

There's a nice town although we only walked up to it once and never ate there.

Goa is far from 'typical' India but possibly still a bit of a culture shock if it's your first visit. Even things such as seeing cattle wandering along the beach is quite a novelty at first.

I do recall there were lots of Russians there, to the extent the beach shacks had signage in cyrillic.

I should add that the above is based on a trip 9 years ago, so things may well have changed since then.

It's a beautiful place. Do you know whether it's North Beach or Sourh Beach? South Beach is much quieter, with long stretches of empty white sand beaches, with a scattering of excellent beach shack bar/restaurants. North Beach is much busier with a bit more of a party/hippy reputation I think (although with plenty of 'traditional' holidaymakers too). Many more eating places and bars lined up along the beach as well as stalls selling stuff. You can walk between the two. We stayed at one of the South Beach hotels and I preferred that but it was off the back of a busy couple of weeks so the peace and quiet and doing pretty much nothing was welcome.

There's a nice town although we only walked up to it once and never ate there.

Goa is far from 'typical' India but possibly still a bit of a culture shock if it's your first visit. Even things such as seeing cattle wandering along the beach is quite a novelty at first.

I do recall there were lots of Russians there, to the extent the beach shacks had signage in cyrillic.

I should add that the above is based on a trip 9 years ago, so things may well have changed since then.

Place called Candolim. Knowing her we will have a nice hotel with Spa treatment, no idea what the area is like. The will be stuff for the lad to keep him occupied?

My mate goes every other year.

He's a hippie though, called his son Jai and isn't adverse to tie-dye clothing.

Apparently the Israelis love it there, post national service, as a place to go do loads of drugs and chill out.

My mate goes every other year.

He's a hippie though, called his son Jai and isn't adverse to tie-dye clothing.

Apparently the Israelis love it there, post national service, as a place to go do loads of drugs and chill out.

Can you get xanax out there in the Chemists pretty easy? got some in Koh Samui in February and it was as easy as anything.

Can you get xanax out there in the Chemists pretty easy? got some in Koh Samui in February and it was as easy as anything.

Yes you can. And Diazepam - Valium.

You'll get off the plane and be shocked - beggars, hustlers, dirt, smells, traffic and think I should have booked Italy [emoji23] But after a day you acclimatise.

The Indians are awesome. Many go to Goa to let their hair down. Rest of India is conservative so girls will go there and dress western and meet up in bars. And in general Indians are very sweet natured. Unfortunately, same can't be said of the tourists. N Goa will be chavy, the south more tranquil.

I would recommend Kerala over Goa, but not sure you can get such good deals on flights to Kerala anymore. But go anyway it will blow your mind.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Yes you can. And Diazepam - Valium.

You'll get off the plane and be shocked - beggars, hustlers, dirt, smells, traffic and think I should have booked Italy [emoji23] But after a day you acclimatise.

The Indians are awesome. Many go to Goa to let their hair down. Rest of India is conservative so girls will go there and dress western and meet up in bars. And in general Indians are very sweet natured. Unfortunately, same can't be said of the tourists. N Goa will be chavy, the south more tranquil.

I would recommend Kerala over Goa, but not sure you can get such good deals on flights to Kerala anymore. But go anyway it will blow your mind.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

You been up Tottenham High road?

We have done Italy nice place but though we have not been in the winter I am guessing it aint as warm as India.

I do not like Valium as it does not give the kick of xanax, but you could literally just buy it anywhere in Koh Samui so if it is like that it will be good.

I found it really dirty everywhere. Didn't help that I don't like Indians in general. Not going there again.

I found it really dirty everywhere. Didn't help that I don't like Indians in general. Not going there again.

Why would you go to India in the first place then, you silly racist?

Goa is one of those weird places that has stayed static to appeal to globally homogenised hippy tastes while India has changed around it. Like Kovalam or Manali. Not a fan now, thought it was amazing 25 years ago.

Back