1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice

Georges-Kévin NKoudou

Discussion in 'Classic Threads' started by Heda SPURSCZ, 31 Aug 2016.

1. Jordinho

Jordinho Tony Marchi Staff Member

2. braineclipse

braineclipse Chris Jones

What are people expecting from him in the first half of this season?

About every young player the same seems to be said...

Was an interesting bit in the Guardian football weekly podcast about how Dortmund felt Gotze had been worked too much on his upper body strength at the cost of his agility while at Bayern. They were apparently giving him a lot of time during the summer and now to get back to where he was when with them.

Leicester won the league last season with some of the skinniest footballers in England... Mahrez, Kante and Vardy would all have been told "think he needs to hit the weights room a bit" by plenty of fans and probably quite a few coaches.

3. metalgear

metalgear Chris Perry

well put it this way - if nkoudou is going to leicester i think he'd literally have a flying start as he is.

its more about how we are set up - and how we don't use space and speed despite poch's early musings about the quick turnover and counter attack.

4. ricky2tricky4city

ricky2tricky4city Steve Carr

The interview video on the official spurs site. Not kicked a ball for us yet BUT..

I love George........he is adorable. Appears to have a lovely nature to him.

And whoever is running his twitter account.......has nailed it.

5. BrainOfLevy

BrainOfLevy Vedran Corluka

Is it not possible he's doing it himself, and is just a pretty funny guy? Everyone's convinced he has someone running it, as if he's Messi or Bale or something. He was playing for Nantes a year ago!

JerusalemMan likes this.
  6. Craig_J

Craig_J Alan Hutton

I'm hoping that he will at the very least get enough game time for me to form an opinion on him.

7. DubaiSpur

DubaiSpur Christian Ziege

Well, I wouldn't call him 'difficult' in any other context than in negotiations, now, would I? It's not like I know the man well enough to consider him 'difficult' - indeed, I'd probably quite like the guy if I met him over a beer or two. :) I comment on his professional activity because, as far as I'm concerned, it's all that I'm entitled to speak about - what he gets up to beyond that isn't a concern of mine, although obviously it would be nice if he's a good egg off the field (and I've seen no indication that he's anything but a good sort so far).

When it comes to negotiations, Levy is difficult. In the context of Franck Passi's statement, it refers to negotiating over the N'Koudou fee. The Guardian have alleged that Levy spent seven weeks shaving 1.6m off the agreed-upon total - Passi might be referring to that, since the alternative scenario (him calling Levy 'difficult' because he refused to renegotiate the deal despite *Marseille's* insistence) seems more unlikely (although still possible), given that making such statements leaves one open to a public rebuttal if Levy's got the facts on his side. However, one thing that can be said with reasonable certainty is that the 'power shift' stuff isn't

It isn't like N'Koudou was some key player who was only going to go for an outrageous fee, though. He would be fairly peripheral for us (at least at first), and Marseille only wanted 13m euros for him (versus the 35m+ euros they charged for Batshuayi, for example) - these things were clear heading into the deal. The importance of the deal didn't merit an approach that leads to Passi publicly labelling Levy 'difficult' and the deal only going through in the dying hours of deadline day, two months after it first cropped up.

They were probably reluctant to deal with us, but they didn't name a price that was beyond our reach, or even higher than what Monaco paid for Benjamin Mendy - this was stated by news outlets back in July, and we ended up paying close to the fee quoted. There's the possibility they started much higher, of course, but in that case I fail to see why Batshuayi went for much the same price that he was being labelled with by the papers, since they would have tried to inflate the deal there too - especially with Chelsea, who'd pay whatever they wanted.

Ah, if it were my own money...;) But, being serious, I'm not sure it's between 1.6m and 3m as much as it's between 1.6m and (possibly) two points (in any of our draws so far) or more. The latter makes all the difference, since that margin might mean getting into the CL again versus trying to get excited about trips to Rostov-on-Don on Thursday nights. The sums involved are greater, and the rewards for success are greater.

That's probably the best explanation I can give, to be honest. :p I think (and I freely admit that this is all speculation) he's just risk averse, to a large degree - there are times when he overcomes that (Sissoko), and times when acting swiftly is a low-risk proposition (like buying Toby, Son or VDV, or sacking Juande and hiring Harry, for example), but in marginal cases, he tends to swing towards saving money so that (I suspect) it can be put away for unspecified future deals or crises, while overlooking the fact that future deals will also be measured by his wary eye, and a nebulous 'future crisis we will spend in' may actually become 'ah, this is marginal' when it arrives, which leads to more saving for a 'future crisis' and so on. This is usually contrary to the interest of the manager, which I take to be the interest of the club as a whole if we're serious about trusting the man in charge - Levy, I suspect, disagrees with that last point. Well, *disagreed* - after Sissoko, I'm delighted to say that this may not actually be the case anymore, although I'll need more cases to go on before I comprehensively change my viewpoint.

Either way, I assure you, I'll be first in the goddamn line when his autobiography comes out. :)

[​IMG]

You make me sad. :)

8. alekaras

alekaras The ITK of IDK

I like this guy!

9. milo

milo Ricky Villa Staff Member

Tweeting during the game. I'd say that the tone of the Tweets suggests that he does not have someone managing it for him

JerusalemMan likes this.
  10. K.D.D.D.D.Soc

K.D.D.D.D.Soc Edgar Davids

Concise as usual

11. NaijaSpurs

NaijaSpurs Pedro Mendes

Totally agree with you

milo likes this.
  12. milo

Seems like a nice lad too. I sense someone who is soon to be a fan favourite.

monkeybarry likes this.
  13. mudshark

mudshark Mitchell Thomas

He'll get my vote if his next post is a picture of himself waiting at a bus stop in Lordship Lane, "LOL" being his only comment :)

richardanthonyc, Daisuk and milo like this.
  14. milo

I miss Benny

15. AdamB

AdamB Tom Huddlestone

Agree; think he'll be popular as he seems to be a human being rather than a robot

milo likes this.
  16. NaijaSpurs

NaijaSpurs Pedro Mendes

17. Daisuk

Daisuk Paul Robinson

18. Kandi1977

Kandi1977 Steffen Freund

I'd hope so. Let's see what he can do. I'm not expecting anything though.

19. RunTMC

RunTMC Thimotée Atouba

I think he has an outside chance of being involved. These are Poch's comments last week pre-Sunderland:

"It is going well. He is very young, he speaks only French, it's a big problem for him," Pochettino told his pre-match new conference.

"He is learning quickly, but he is still settling into the team. He needs to work more.

"I think maybe he will be ready to be selected next week, maybe but not sure," he added.

20. Daisuk

Daisuk Paul Robinson

Gorgeous showed a little glimpse of his acceleration last night when trying to reach the ball before their keeper inside box. Looked like he turned on the nitro and that his legs grew or something - wild acceleration! Looked psyched to play last night, but didn't really do a lot of useful things with the ball. I reckon he just needs some time though.

marsmelons.com

johnola likes this.