• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gazza

My guess is that it's Harry's soft side coming through, that he sees a legend in real real trouble, and that he's trying to give him something to get his **** together for maybe?

That's nice.

In reality he's been given countless chances and still messes up time and time again. The sad thing is there's people in the world that are really suffering from this illness and can't/don't get any help whilst this guy gets everything given to him and still says '**** it'.

That's nice.

In reality he's been given countless chances and still messes up time and time again. The sad thing is there's people in the world that are really suffering from this illness and can't/don't get any help whilst this guy gets everything given to him and still says '**** it'.

You know him personally do you?
You have no clue, absolutely no clue if Gazza's ever said '**** it'.
Some people find life a lot harder than others.

its very sad, i'm not sure a job is what he needs, a friend to take him fishing in the middle of nowhere for a couple of months with no liquor might be a better bet

Heartbreaking pictures of the poor chap in the press today. I cannot bring myself to post links.

Good on Harry Redknapp for offering him a coaching job.

Sadly, I think a Gazza RIP thread is on the cards, soon.

Ghastly.

Anything that could potentially help him is fine with me. I hope that he can recover and use his experience for good. I love Gazza the Footballer and I wish him all the best. Well done Harry.

A nice gesture from Redknapp, but ultimately a person can only help themself, you can't babysit someone 24/7. Anyone else wonder if things may have been different had he maybe got injured before the semi final at Italia 90 and subsequently not received such universal interest from the press and general public?

Gazza has severe, severe psychiatric problems (more than one condition as well). He's received some excellent help in the past.....I'm not sure what more can be done to be honest.

A complete and utter tragedy.

For people that are judging, I've seen people like Gazza before in psychiatry. Some people are more mentally disturbed than others, they relapse despite good support networks and good medical help. The fact that he's had access to some excellent care in the end means little. For some, the conditions he has can only be controlled at best, between relapses.

A nice gesture from Redknapp, but ultimately a person can only help themself, you can't babysit someone 24/7. Anyone else wonder if things may have been different had he maybe got injured before the semi final at Italia 90 and subsequently not received such universal interest from the press and general public?

I think it was only a matter time, he was so good that the adulation was inevitable

Why is he even being offered it?

Because people care?

He must have gotten countless offers over the years to get involved in things, but it always seems to end within weeks or days when taken up. Anything that requires him to show up regularly and not be inebriated will continue to end in failure unless he has some kind of epiphany and gives up the booze and drugs.

Strange thing addiction. One of the strange things about it is that a significant number of people get better without much of an explanation, usually later in life. Could perhaps be called an epiphany in those cases.

I think it was only a matter time, he was so good that the adulation was inevitable

At least very likely. He most likely has other severe risk factors beyond the attention he got at that young age. With those, the fame and of course the culture in football at that time he might very well have ended up down the same path even if that early development had been less negative.

Gazza wasn't just a superstar because of his talent, he was a superstar because of his personality, that same personality seems to be taking him down unfortunately.

Not sure what to say about it any more, it makes me sick to the pit of my stomach every time I see these stories and fills me with dread every 6 months when I see this thread bumped to the top of the page.

That's nice.

I see that viewpoint, absolutely, but Gazza doesn't make the choices he makes from design, he's a very, very sick man. Put it this way, if he only had one illness (alcoholism) then he'd have a better chance. Personally, if I were in charge of his treatment, I would get him into a facility which deals with mental health as well as addiction. He needs sequestering really. It's a tragedy.

Gazza has severe, severe psychiatric problems (more than one condition as well). He's received some excellent help in the past.....I'm not sure what more can be done to be honest.

A complete and utter tragedy.

For people that are judging, I've seen people like Gazza before in psychiatry. Some people are more mentally disturbed than others, they relapse despite good support networks and good medical help. The fact that he's had access to some excellent care in the end means little. For some, the conditions he has can only be controlled at best, between relapses.

=D>
I'm going to guess that you're in the trade, because you've nailed it.

where's "fivebellies', Chris Evans, Danny baker etc now

dont hear much from them on paul's plight now.

where's "fivebellies', Chris Evans, Danny baker etc now

dont hear much from them on paul's plight now.
Who knows but if they were still in his life and being supportive, I think that it would be wrong for them to shout about it in the media.

Paul Gascoigne: Ex-England star joins Sunday League side

Former England midfielder Paul Gascoigne is set to play football again after signing for a Sunday League Division Four team in Bournemouth.

The 47-year-old, who played 57 times for his country, has joined Abbey and could make his debut against either Rentech Repairs or ARC Cleaning.

Sandy Hills, an administrator at the Bournemouth FA, described it as "a massive coup" for the league.

Abbey boss Chris Foster, a taxi driver, said: "I've offered to pick him up."

Foster told BBC Radio Solent that he asked Gascoigne to sign after driving to a shop to buy him cigarettes.

"He said, 'If you're still playing at 51, then I could still play at 47'," explained Foster, who brought the necessary forms to complete the deal when he returned.

"He said, 'what's that for?'," Foster added. "I said, 'Are you going to sign on for me?' and he said, 'oh, go on then'.

"He said, 'who's it for', I said, 'Abbey FC' and he said, "OK then, mate, it's a deal. You give me my £8 change back, and I'll sign for you' and that was it."

Foster, who said Gascoigne's involvement will depend on his fitness, explained that he will "pop a little letter through his door and he rings me if and when".

The Bournemouth FA has confirmed to BBC Sport that Gascoigne has registered and could play immediately.

Gascoigne was 17 when he made his Saudi Sportswashing Machine debut in 1985, before moving to Tottenham in 1988 for £2.3m - a British transfer record at the time.

After helping England reach the semi-finals of the 1990 World Cup, he went on to play for Lazio, Rangers, Middlesbrough, Everton, Burnley and Chinese side Gansu Tianma.

But he has suffered a string of personal issues since he last played professionally, for League Two Boston United in 2004.

Back