• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fixture & Ticket News 2017/18

Same as us playing at home against City on the Cup SF weekend

also Liverpool will have to be a Saturday game as it's NFL on the sunday

Now that one beggars belief. Although the chances of one of us being in the semi is quite high anyway, so it will probably have had to be moved anyway.

edit: Apologies, just seen the FA Semi-finals are Apr 21/22

From BBC:

Posted at 10:27

An early issue with Tottenham's Wembley fixture list, their home match with Burnley on 26 August is on the same day as the Rugby League Challenge Cup Final. The club say there are in discussion with the Clarets over an alternative shape ball.

I need TP for my bunghole, we have to play each team twice and it matters not what order they come in.

Might revisit this when we rock up at OT with MUFC sitting pretty at the top of the table following their opening fixtures.

Take your point but unless you're situation is that of a Celtic/Barca/Real you're unlikely to be in a position where it works simply on "the better team wins". The game is about momentum as much as anything else, get up a good head of steam and it works wonders, particularly in the English game.

Could the Burnley fixture just be moved to Sunday or Monday? Although Monday is a Bank Holiday. Wembley can cope with two Cup Semi Finals in two days.

This for me.

Cant see why it cant be played at 3pm on the Bank Holiday Monday

The important thing is that, Chelski aside, we have some easy home games to get acclimated to Wembley.

I'm happy we're at home on Boxing Day, will be my first game in a couple of years. Heading back to London for Xmas so pretty excited to see the new Wembley home even if it is only Southampton as opposition.

Premier Inn on Swansea Seafront is looking tempting. May book a few nights and if we dont get a ticket, we get a New Year break in South Wales

Pick the Marriott you may be able to meet the manager and players perhaps.

If the trust don't ask for subsidised travel again may get a ticket myself this time.

How the fixtures are 'made'...2017 version.

https://www.premierleague.com/news/261976

Good Find.

it would be unfair for a team to finish with two aways, especially if they are looking for points. Unless its Tottenam, then its okay to have them playing away twice in the last 3 days...although that back-fired on the FA didnt it?

My personal favourite -
Around March, the Premier League sends to each of its member clubs a form asking them to fill in three things: Are there any dates they wish not to be at home?

Well, it appears Arsenal request they are not at home for the 2nd match of the season...:rolleyes:

Do you consider travel issues?

Yes. We look at whether we have got clubs from the same area travelling on the same trainlines across the Football League and the Premier League on the same day. We want to avoid having various "pinch points" on the rail and road network. We also tell the computer to try to minimise travel on Boxing Day and New Year's Day.

1. So we get a 400 mile round trip at New Year.
2. "All travel issues for supporters are considered in great depth. Then we hand fixtures over to Sky/BT so they can fvck them over."

Are there any rules you have to adhere to?

"we will also try to maintain a Saturday home-away sequence throughout the season wherever possible."

3. Really?

For over £100 a night I want to be having breakfast with them too...:D

Both hotels are not far from each other could have a walk over to the Marriot have a beer in the evening or have a stroll over in the morning along the sea shore. Few of my mates have met ,chelsea,man ure ,everton players in the past.

Back