• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

FA Cup 2016/17

Didn't watch the game, but is the ref saying one more foul on hazard a booking not a bit iffy? I mean do we really expect hazard to stay on his feet after that?

My mate says we're Saturday as we're the first drawn tie

Would be great but that isn't true....believe me I've done my research!

Will be entirely down to BBC and BT Sport who have exclusive rights to one game each. Not sure which has first pick and to be fair both semi's are probably equally as attractive. I think historically the Sun 4pm slot gains the greatest viewing figures so whoever has first choice may go with this. However, there will be a clash at this time with the Liverpool v C Palace PL game which is live on Sky at 4:30pm. (Burnley v Man U is at 2:15pm) -

No consideration will be given to the factors that are worthy of consideration i.e.

1. Police preference - The Met would prefer the all-London tie to be Saturday lunchtime but TV co's hold all the power (or else the Millwall game would have KO at 10am!)

2. Fans getting to/from games on public transport - ok only City affected but you can be sure the end of their game will coincide with the last train out of Euston having left 10 mins previously.

3. Teams' european commitments - I don't think City will be affected; if they get past Monaco the QF will be the midweek before but worst case scenario would be Weds/Sat.

In recent years the first game has been on Saturday evening (5:15KO) with the second one starting at 4pm on Sunday.

I'd say its completely 50:50 either way.

No easy draw option, it was either

City, who we had a tough game against
Scum, would have had to play them twice in a week (and bring other pressures into play)
Chelsea, who stylistically we seem to do well against, despite their obvious qualities.

Add in, Chelsea's number 1 priority this year will be league, the rest of the teams, the FA is their only real chance at trophy. Not saying Chelsea won't take it seriously, but its a slight consideration and all of these games are won on small margins.

Crystal Palace will be Weds 26 April and Leicester will be Weds 17th or even Thurs 18th May - would be brilliant to send those mugs down!

Would be great but that isn't true....believe me I've done my research!

Will be entirely down to BBC and BT Sport who have exclusive rights to one game each. Not sure which has first pick and to be fair both semi's are probably equally as attractive. I think historically the Sun 4pm slot gains the greatest viewing figures so whoever has first choice may go with this. However, there will be a clash at this time with the Liverpool v C Palace PL game which is live on Sky at 4:30pm. (Burnley v Man U is at 2:15pm) -

No consideration will be given to the factors that are worthy of consideration i.e.

1. Police preference - The Met would prefer the all-London tie to be Saturday lunchtime but TV co's hold all the power (or else the Millwall game would have KO at 10am!)

2. Fans getting to/from games on public transport - ok only City affected but you can be sure the end of their game will coincide with the last train out of Euston having left 10 mins previously.

3. Teams' european commitments - I don't think City will be affected; if they get past Monaco the QF will be the midweek before but worst case scenario would be Weds/Sat.

In recent years the first game has been on Saturday evening (5:15KO) with the second one starting at 4pm on Sunday.

I'd say its completely 50:50 either way.

I might be wrong but surely an fa cup semi final cannot be at the same time as a PL fixture which means a 12pm kickoff unless one of the sky games moves.

C61AJq4WkAEdgEZ.jpg

I might be wrong but surely an fa cup semi final cannot be at the same time as a PL fixture which means a 12pm kickoff unless one of the sky games moves.

Strangely not....there have often been clashes. Last season the C Palace v Watford SF (BT Sport) was played at exactly the same time as Sky televised Leicester v Swansea.

No easy draw option, it was either

City, who we had a tough game against
Scum, would have had to play them twice in a week (and bring other pressures into play)
Chelsea, who stylistically we seem to do well against, despite their obvious qualities.

Add in, Chelsea's number 1 priority this year will be league, the rest of the teams, the FA is their only real chance at trophy. Not saying Chelsea won't take it seriously, but its a slight consideration and all of these games are won on small margins.

true

but I bet none of the other three had us as their favoured opponent

Oh well...was nice to get to the semis anyhow...unless the bad 5 year omens can be broken somehow:

- 2002 knocked out by..
- 2007 knocked out by...
- 2012 knocked out by...
- 2017....????

Hopefully it's a case of lucky number seven...

1993: Arsenal 0-1
1995: Everton 1-4
1999: Saudi Sportswashing Machine 0-2
2001: Arsenal 1-2
2010: Portsmouth 0-2
2012: Chelsea 1-5
2017: Chelsea ?-?

Hopefully it's a case of lucky number seven...

1993: Arsenal 0-1
1995: Everton 1-4
1999: Saudi Sportswashing Machine 0-2
2001: Arsenal 1-2
2010: Portsmouth 0-2
2012: Chelsea 1-5
2017: Chelsea ?-?

I'll take any straw that i can; e.g. the last time we won it we beat a high-flying 3rd division side at home in the quarters....

Back