1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice

Eric Dier

Discussion in 'Spurs News & Views' started by Jordinho, 31 Jul 2014.

1. DeanoAustin

DeanoAustin Clint Dempsey

Your love for Dier whilst ridiculing Jordan Henderson is mind boggling. They're both very limited footballers. Dier is actually more limited. He's not a midfielder and keeps showing it. He may make it as a centre back but the more time goes on, the less likely it looks that he's at the level we need. Which is a shame because he seems like a smashing lad with a great attitude.

2. scaramanga

scaramanga George Hunt Staff Member

Yet he played really well in that precise role when he was fit.

Henderson has never even approached mediocre.

galeforce likes this.
  3. Finney Is Back

Finney Is Back Michael Carrick

Henderson is a better player than Dier by a reasonable margin IMO.

4. StephenH

StephenH Luka Modric

You still here?

No one played "well"!
    It was meaningless.

Skipp, Sessegnon and Foyth I liked.
    The rest, who really cares. But still, 'you' talk about Sissoko.

go on you know you want to.....;)
    https://www.redbubble.com/people/ra...NiUnxg07zCo040i1M93rsaNHsUSKuwNhoC4fMQAvD_BwE

5. DeanoAustin

Even in the years he was at his best, he was limited and certainly no better than Henderson (I'd argue that Henderson is better than Dier ever was). Dier formed a good partnership with Dembele but Dembele was an absolute hunk of burning love in that time too and Dier's limited skills for a central midfielder complimented Dembele. He won't make it as a midfielder under Jose.

Pirate55 and StephenH like this.
  6. Bishop

Bishop Clive Wilson

You quoted me, if you don't want to discuss don't quote me or @ me...

I disagree that no one played well. Sessegnon was promising, Skipp was very good in his cameo. Foyth was also good so no it wasn't meaningless.

The central pair weren't poor because it was meaningless they were poor because they are a poor pair.

Again if you paid attention you would notice I talked about the pair, you seem a little myopic about any criticism your GOAT receives.

Thats not my problem, this is a discussion board for the purpose of discussing Spurs, if you don't like seeing other opinions than your own I suggest you leave.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk

7. scaramanga

Mourinho seems to have made a particular effort to get him back into the team - I suspect he very much disagrees with your last point.

milo likes this.
  8. Bishop

Bishop Clive Wilson

He doesn't have many options let's be honest. Dier is in almost by default Jose is though a past fan of him so he did at least rate him highly at some point. Time will tell whether he can ultimately convince, I'm doubtful.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk

MKSpur likes this.
  9. DeanoAustin

Let's see. I bet you your Sissoko posters that Dier isn't a regular by the start of next season.

10. Maltese Falcon

Maltese Falcon Niko Kranjcar

I am not aware that you need to be 400% match fit to avoid repeatedly passing the ball into touch.

11. MKSpur

MKSpur Gerry Armstrong

He’s using him now so we all get excited about Matic replacing him in January...

12. SteveAWOL

SteveAWOL Steffen Iversen

What a contrast in quality indeed!

A5700FF5-824B-4E10-8296-68872555FECF.png AC6B7E2E-9ECC-4DDE-BEE0-C6E36B92B259.png 8EAD9D1A-B9CB-451F-BD55-57AA5D95983F.png 8813EAEE-2D97-4CDB-B43F-A2819BF208B6.png

MKSpur likes this.
  13. Maltese Falcon

Maltese Falcon Niko Kranjcar

Fixed...

papaspur likes this.
  14. parklane1

parklane1 Barry Daines

I do believe Jose likes him and will give him more time to get over a years illness ( which believe it or not can wipe anyone out for a while let alone a sportsman). I guess we will see what happens but i really believe that Jose will look at it long term and not over a few matches.

thfcsteff and braineclipse like this.
  15. metalgear

metalgear Chris Perry

Jose (and the club) will want to give him time. But I trust JM will be decisive when he needs to be.

Sent from my SM-T865 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Jon and nayimfromthehalfwayline like this.
  16. braineclipse

braineclipse Colin Calderwood

He's been inconsistent, and even at his best recently not at the level he once was. Seems like a natural part of getting back up to speed after lengthy problems with injuries and illness. Also a natural part of a player that will never be the same again of course.

I think he will be give more time, particularly given the lack of options at the moment.

17. Huddy

Huddy Teemu Tainio

Well Jose and the club will need to decide fairly quickly as he moves into the last year of his contract next season.

18. Jurgen the German

Jurgen the German Colin Calderwood

Like others I’m baffled by the following and support he has on this forum, not sure what he has done to have so much credit in the bank with some particularly Scara, Bedfordspurs and Steff. He’s just about the only player on this entire forum where certain people just won’t ever admit when he’s had a bad game. It’s put down to rustiness, the nature of the passes he plays, lack of game time, other players not showing for him, the whole team was bad,just about anything other than saying Dier had a crap game. Even Lamela doesn’t have the same excuses made for him and his injury record is arguably worse than Dier’s.

He’s not a player I would like to lose but he’s also someone we could and should look to upgrade on due to his limitations on the ball. Even after his best season 2015/16, Poch went out and signed Wanyama who played more games at DM than Dier the following season and we achieved our highest points total that season.

19. scaramanga

Then just trust in those of us who know better.

metalgear likes this.
  20. metalgear

metalgear Chris Perry

... and agree to disagree. time will tell, but it will still amount to nothing but football banter.