• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ebay

Grays_1890

Colin Calderwood
Started selling alot of my old Junk on Ebay and obviously using PayPal, I notice they hold the cash for up to 21 days now, how does that work when the money you receive includes postage costs?

Started selling alot of my old Junk on Ebay and obviously using PayPal, I notice they hold the cash for up to 21 days now, how does that work when the money you receive includes postage costs?
What difference does it make whether the postage is included or not?

What I am saying is if you are selling and the postage is included in the money received but they hold it isnt it abit counter productive as the money should be used to send the item.

recouping costs rather than prepaying - like your expenses in arrears.

Ebay has decided to favour the buyer over the seller, this is there business model. If the buyer states the item has nto arrived more likely than not you will not get the cash including the P+P -if you have already taken the P+P and cleared your Paypal account you have "free money"

Yeh I get that side of the business, never used to run like that.

Oh well just have to work within their rules.

Ebay has not been geared to private sellers (the online bootsale it once was) for a number of years. It's all big companies importing brick from the Far East.

Individuals really struggle to make money out of it, especially as any dispute goes 100% of the time in favour of the lying chavvy buyers. Big companies incorporate that in their overheads, but private sellers often end up with no money and their item effectively stolen.

It is a frustration, I am up to nearly £400 on things that I now need to send and wait for feedback before I get my cash.

Wow times have changed

Back