• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

American politics

I think that what is most likely is that Trump would resign if things were looking that bad. Pence would become president and then everything would get swept under the carpet.

The interesting question is at what point do the Russians decide he is no longer an asset? Do they then release what they hold on him?
I imagine that's the case.

What's concerning though is the loophole in Presidential succession. 3rd in line is a partisan appointment that does not need to be democratically elected. If the Republicans saw a double impeachment coming they could just replace Ryan with anyone they want - someone the public might really not want.

Trump will NEVER resign! That would be admitting defeat, and the greatest man to ever walk the earth, simply won't do that.

He's had to walk away from loads of things he's failed at. When he wakes the next morning he will be convinced that he was a huge success and that it was the Republicans/Democrats/judiciary/media that were to blame.

Has she, all I've seen is her make unfounded claims.
Posting something you've no tangible proof of on social media isn't a scoop.

She has certainly had claims that she has made corroborated by other media outlets afterwards. She was the first to make the FISA claim that the BBC, NYT and Guardian followed up. I do not know if that is from the same sources.

IMO, The Democrats, so as not to admit how sh1t they are, are just screaming "Russia! Russia! Russia!" instead of shouting what their platform is. "We're not Trump" wasn't a winning strategy last time, they need to get beyond that, but maybe they don't want to. It's a little pathetic really.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...oke-no-fire-no-russia-trump-collusion-n734176

Former Acting CIA Director Michael Morell, who endorsed Hillary Clinton and called Donald Trump a dupe of Russia, cast doubt Wednesday night on allegations that members of the Trump campaign colluded with Russia.

"On the question of the Trump campaign conspiring with the Russians here, there is smoke, but there is no fire, at all," Morell said at an event sponsored by the Cipher Brief, an intelligence web site.

"There's no little campfire, there's no little candle, there's no spark. And there's a lot of people looking for it."

Morell pointed out that former Director of National Intelligence James Clapper said on Meet the Press on March 5 that he had seen no evidence of a conspiracy when he left office January 20.

"That's a pretty strong statement by General Clapper," Morell said.

About the dossier, Morell said, "Unless you know the sources, and unless you know how a particular source acquired a particular piece of information, you can't judge the information — you just can't."

The dossier "doesn't take you anywhere, I don't think," he said.

He continued: "I had two questions when I first read it. One was, How did Chris talk to these sources? I have subsequently learned that he used intermediaries.

"And then I asked myself, why did these guys provide this information, what was their motivation? And I subsequently learned that he paid them. That the intermediaries paid the sources and the intermediaries got the money from Chris. And that kind of worries me a little bit because if you're paying somebody, particularly former FSB officers, they are going to tell you truth and innuendo and rumor, and they're going to call you up and say, 'hey, let's have another meeting, I have more information for you,' because they want to get paid some more.

"I think you've got to take all that into consideration when you consider the dossier."

IMO, The Democrats, so as not to admit how sh1t they are, are just screaming "Russia! Russia! Russia!" instead of shouting what their platform is. "We're not Trump" wasn't a winning strategy last time, they need to get beyond that, but maybe they don't want to. It's a little pathetic really.

The stories started before the election and did not come from the Democrats.

There appears to be enough evidence for the FBI to investigate and if the FISA stories are correct, to convince a judge.

The dossier was a private endeavour and I believe not at the standard you would expect if it was from a state agency but it appears to have been taken seriously by MI6 and FBI. Steele is due to speak to the Congressional investigation.

No one seriously argues that there aren't strong links between Trump and his senior appointees and the Russians going back decades. Or that senior members of the Trump repeatedly met with the Russians during a the campaign and lied about it afterwards. None seriously argues that Wikileaks is not now a channel for the Russian government to leak information on its adversaries. No one seriously argues that the Russians did not hack the Democrats and leak the information to undermine Clinton.

It is right to say that there is not currently a smoking gun. Would anyone expect there to be one this soon after the election? There is certainly enough evidence to warrant an investigation.

Probably the best outcome after a thorough investigation is that it finds that there are no links and that there was no further interference in the election than we currently are aware of. If it comes to a different conclusion then that is important and why would anyone want to cover that up?

Last edited:
She has certainly had claims that she has made corroborated by other media outlets afterwards. She was the first to make the FISA claim that the BBC, NYT and Guardian followed up. I do not know if that is from the same sources.
No they haven't corroborated anything, they've reported the same rumours with the same evidence, none.

There is as much truth in these political Twitter at times as there are in transfer rumour itk.

Look, trump is a fool of epic magnitude, but constantly reporting stories with no factual back up is only going to make it easy for him to rebuff these stories and point to them and sat fake news. Eventually people will stop listening.
And to be honest why they don't just stand back and let him destroy himself says more about them than it does about him.

No they haven't corroborated anything, they've reported the same rumours with the same evidence, none.

There is as much truth in these political Twitter at times as there are in transfer rumour itk.

Look, trump is a fool of epic magnitude, but constantly reporting stories with no factual back up is only going to make it easy for him to rebuff these stories and point to them and sat fake news. Eventually people will stop listening.
And to be honest why they don't just stand back and let him destroy himself says more about them than it does about him.

Why let that get in the way of a good bitch, some can not get past the fact that their choice lost.

Back