• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Disney world Florida

Danishfurniturelover

the prettiest spice girl
Just got back after two weeks, wow, did not think I would love it as much as the kid maybe even more.

What an amazing place so much fun so interesting so many different things, I seriously recommend getting there if you ever get the chance it is absolutely awesome. Say what you like about the Americans but they do great customer service, outstanding.

Just back in time to watch cav in the cycling, though I put £500 on Garvia to win in the cycling, the kid is to fast.

Just got back after two weeks, wow, did not think I would love it as much as the kid maybe even more.

What an amazing place so much fun so interesting so many different things, I seriously recommend getting there if you ever get the chance it is absolutely awesome. Say what you like about the Americans but they do great customer service, outstanding.

Just back in time to watch cav in the cycling, though I put £500 on Garvia to win in the cycling, the kid is to fast.

Never been to Disney World but i once lived near Disneyland in Anaheim ( you could see the firework show from our back yard). During our time there we had lots of friends come over to visit from England and we must have gone to Disneyland dozens of times.

I/we never got tired of taking our friends there and its not just for kids it's for all ages.

I loved Euro Disney when we went last year, was an ace place

When your daughter is old enough get her out to Disney World mate she will love it, we have already decided to go back and see a bit more of Florida, apart from Seaworld we did not really leave Orlando.

This was my favourite ride there, it was kind of educational but such amazing fun https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/attractions/epcot/test-track/
Honestly marky it is exceptional and you and your missus will have as much as your growing family.

When your daughter is old enough get her out to Disney World mate she will love it, we have already decided to go back and see a bit more of Florida, apart from Seaworld we did not really leave Orlando.

This was my favourite ride there, it was kind of educational but such amazing fun https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/attractions/epcot/test-track/
Honestly marky it is exceptional and you and your missus will have as much as your growing family.

Taken my kids and grandchildren there and had fantastic times, it's worth the money just to see their faces when they first enter the place, luckily went in a time when it was easier to take children out of school so a lot cheaper and better weather.

It's defo one for the bucket list we have a lot coming up in the next few years to save for i.e a wedding and then trying to get a decent sized deposit for the house

How much we talking cost wise for 2 weeks, £5k ???

I'm quite lucky in that my uncle lives in Florida (two hours from Orlando) and he never comes home to visit so we have been going almost every year since I was 5, I'm 31 now.

I think I love Orlando even more now than when I was a kid! Islands of Adventure is my favourite theme park out there. The great thing about Orlando is they are always reinventing/renovating the parks and building new parks, so it gives you a reason to keep going back.

You're right about the customer service, they just do it so much better than everyone else.

As for other parts of Florida, I would recommend the gulf coast, specifically the Sarasota area just for relaxing, 2 hours from Orlando. Can't go wrong with Miami either, it's a great party town, or you can sit on the beach and do nothing, it's not cheap though.

It's defo one for the bucket list we have a lot coming up in the next few years to save for i.e a wedding and then trying to get a decent sized deposit for the house

Can you go outside of school holidays?

If so, Virgin flights are about £800-900 each for premium economy. You can get a villa (large one with pool, security, etc) for less than £1K. If you want unlimited park entry then you're probably looking at around £600 each for tickets - that gets you into all of the parks, not just Disney.

You'll need to hire a car but that's not a lot over there. Eating is cheap as long as you don't eat too much in the parks - if you have an unlimited ticket you can leave for lunch. My tip is to gorge on a buffet breakfast somewhere (dirt cheap in the US) and then have a snack for lunch in the park - you'll save a fortune.

If you can only go in school holidays it's gonna be very busy and very expensive.

Can you go outside of school holidays?

If so, Virgin flights are about £800-900 each for premium economy. You can get a villa (large one with pool, security, etc) for less than £1K. If you want unlimited park entry then you're probably looking at around £600 each for tickets - that gets you into all of the parks, not just Disney.

You'll need to hire a car but that's not a lot over there. Eating is cheap as long as you don't eat too much in the parks - if you have an unlimited ticket you can leave for lunch. My tip is to gorge on a buffet breakfast somewhere (dirt cheap in the US) and then have a snack for lunch in the park - you'll save a fortune.

If you can only go in school holidays it's gonna be very busy and very expensive.

And very hot. The ideal time to go is around April-May as it doesn't rain as much and it's not as humid.

Yeah, we're going in school holidays. End of August. Staying onsite and offsite.
Apparently at the end of August is a bit quieter, because of American schools being back etc. Might not be that much different, I'm just basing it on what my brother told me, who goes every other year.

They have the timeshare type thing over there, so stay on-site. Personally, I'm struggling to see how (five of us) can spend a whole 2 weeks in one of the cramped apartments they seem to have... so will look to stay off-site. Still think it's going to cost around £10-15k.

There's a *lot* to look into, it seems.

I live in Sarasota two hours from Disney , my kids love it but I hate it. I'm just not a theme park person. On the occasions I give in to the kids and do go, I pay the extra for one of the passes that let you skip the lines which make it a little more bearable. Food is an absolute rip off as is water. For those looking to come from the UK, Norwegian air have some absolutely bargain flights from Gatwick into Orlando or Lauderdale. There is so much more to Fl than Orlando though but children of all ages do seem to love it.

I live in Sarasota two hours from Disney , my kids love it but I hate it. I'm just not a theme park person. On the occasions I give in to the kids and do go, I pay the extra for one of the passes that let you skip the lines which make it a little more bearable. Food is an absolute rip off as is water. For those looking to come from the UK, Norwegian air have some absolutely bargain flights from Gatwick into Orlando or Lauderdale. There is so much more to Fl than Orlando though but children of all ages do seem to love it.
Norwegian air are very good and only fly Dreamliners to Florida so you're guaranteed a decent(ish) experience.

They have very, very few premium seats and no 1st class though so you have to book way in advance

Cost us just shy of £6,000 for the three of us but we stayed at a hotel in the resort and got everything included, we booked this months ago and while there people were telling us that apparently the are a lot of deals there at the moment because of the virus thing.

I know America has its problems but here in this thread I will focus solely on the positive, I just love their can do attitude and enthusiasm for a good time. If in England someone said to me in a shop "thank you sir and have a great day" I would turn round and call them a sarcastic pr*ck and tell them to fcuk off. Out there it just seems natural. I am wondering if I am an American at heart, the whole work hard make money but be a family man that whole thing resonates with me.

We have had 3 trips to America now, New York was a city you got to see, but Florida is a place I could see myself ending up, it is truly fantastic and the theme park just caters for everything you could want.

After seeing the scenery on the Tour of California I would love to go out that side, people moan about Americans not travelling abroad but when they have such a varied and interesting country I can sort of see why they take holidays there. I love there optimism and they also one of the countries that raise the most money for charities they have a great universities that are at the leading edge of medical research and renewable energy technology. They have beautiful scenery and friendly people, if they could just stop calling football soccer I would even more seriously consider moving over there.*

*Just hope they do not elect a nutter as president.

Norwegian air are very good and only fly Dreamliners to Florida so you're guaranteed a decent(ish) experience.

They have very, very few premium seats and no 1st class though so you have to book way in advance

I came back from Latvia via Copenhagen two years ago, though I checked in online before leaving from Gatwick, due to the fact I was at the far edge of Latvia which was a real hick town and had next to no public internet connection will not in our hotel, I was not able to check in online before my transfer flight from Copenhagen to Heathrow, they actually had the check to tell me I had to wait in a corner to everyone else had got on to see if the were any seats left for me, thankfully the were, but it left a sour taste in my mouth as I had booked the flights months earlier.

Really do not think airlines should be allowed to double sell seats, they were lucky I still got a seat otherwise they would have had to get every copper in the airport to restrain me.

Florida is a great place, but if you're going for the first time you'll spend 2 weeks just doing the parks. When I first went took my 8 year old to Cape Kennedy Space Centre and he thought it was rubbish (it's the Star Wars generation). A trip to the everglades is a must but it's a long day, went on one from Orlando and it was over 16 hours.

They sell massively over and gamble on the fact that people won't turn up

So i have been told since, which is maybe what happens in there industry but I am not known of as a man of sound mind and when I have a hang over then all hell is to pay if you put me in a bad mood as they very nearly did.

To be fair I have heard good things about Norwegian and they also fly from Gatwick to JFK which is handy for us if we want to do some Xmas shopping out there one year.

Marky maybe wait till your daughter is old enough to remember it but take her to Disney World she will love it and the yanks really have got a great gig going on at Disney World, what surprised us is how much we enjoyed it as well. I would suggest perhaps doing a fly drive deal to keep the cost down. Forgot to add the water parks are out of this world as well.

Florida is a great place, but if you're going for the first time you'll spend 2 weeks just doing the parks. When I first went took my 8 year old to Cape Kennedy Space Centre and he thought it was rubbish (it's the Star Wars generation). A trip to the everglades is a must but it's a long day, went on one from Orlando and it was over 16 hours.

I have never read any of his books but I am guessing Ernest Hemingways place is some where to get to. We got told by our waiters that key west was like a different country to Orlando.

The is a lot of America I would like to see, New Orleans sounds like my sort of place, I really wanted to do a trip down the west coast because after watching the cycle tour of California it looked amazing, the big sur all the national parks. America comes in for a lot of criticism at times, but I think it is pretty great.

Back