• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dele Alli

Dele has to play off a front man or IMO not at all
He cannot pass well enough for midfield

My thoughts as well, for me he is a Instinctive player and he struggles when he has time to dwell on the ball. As box man he will do things without thinking about it and he has the skills to do that. At 23 he has years in front of him to improve those parts of his game that need it.

My thoughts as well, for me he is a Instinctive player and he struggles when he has time to dwell on the ball. As box man he will do things without thinking about it and he has the skills to do that. At 23 he has years in front of him to improve those parts of his game that need it.

But the role that he were asked to play yesterday, was to make those quick instinctive passes. He were in a deeper midfield role, in a team playing a defensive, quick counter attacking game so why would he be dwelling on the ball?

It wasn't all Dele's fault as along with, Eriksen and Winks, they did not work as a unit..For me , Winks and especially Eriksen all to often hid from the ball, something we can never accuse Dele of.

Jose should really have pulled Eriksen off after 30 mins..It were noticeable how Dele started playing those quick one and two touch passes once Eriksen went off as he had, Lo Celso and Lamela offering themselves for the pass...

But the role that he were asked to play yesterday, was to make those quick instinctive passes. He were in a deeper midfield role, in a team playing a defensive, quick counter attacking game so why would he be dwelling on the ball?

It wasn't all Dele's fault as along with, Eriksen and Winks, they did not work as a unit..For me , Winks and especially Eriksen all to often hid from the ball, something we can never accuse Dele of.

Jose should really have pulled Eriksen off after 30 mins..It were noticeable how Dele started playing those quick one and two touch passes once Eriksen went off as he had, Lo Celso and Lamela offering themselves for the pass...

Surely that would just reduce Eriksen’s aggression levels even further?!

Sorry but winks was very good IMO
He was breaking lines with his runs and his passing was progressive... let down by his midfield partners

Last edited:

Dele did a lot of dirty work first-half. He was excellent, supremely disciplined. He helped us sit tight and keep shape, bring them in, rope-dope them if you will (like Ali used to Muhummad!)...Eriksen’s been like that for a year. If you’re surprised by now then I’m surprised. Had we not had white stick day with our chances the game management would’ve been lauded.

I do wonder if Poch broke him*, playing him in midfield and before that telling him to curb his dark side. There wasn't a lot wrong with him before all that.
I also think he plays high risk football, and when he doesn't score or assist it looks like he's had a bad game, but when he's supposedly had a good game, there's still plenty of giving the ball away. I haven't got a problem with that, but as many (all?) are saying, he has to play off the striker because his all round game isn't suited to further back.

*This is not a slag off Poch post, I understand why he did it.

He is overrated, was worth over £100m 2 years ago now he isn’t worth half of that. If someone comes in for him with a good offer we should sell.

He is overrated, was worth over £100m 2 years ago now he isn’t worth half of that. If someone comes in for him with a good offer we should sell.
You are only worth what someone is willing to pay.
Look at Eriksen, £150m was often bandied about as what we would want, now we are chasing around trying to get a 10th of that.

Not overrated but valuations were based on potential. Sadly it seems like that season was a fluke and he is reverting to the norm now.

Sent from my SM-T865 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Honestly think some players have been carried away with the collective achievements and thought of them as either their own or that they as individuals have contributed more.
When you look at the team at its peak and the so called worth of individuals, when the opportunity to cash in on those has arisen the figures have proved fanciful.
Toby, Rose, Eriksen were/are all available for a fraction of the prices quoted. Nobody wants rose, Toby had no offers and eriksen is going for a fraction of his "worth".
Not saying that dele, Eriksen, Toby or Rose are in that frame of mind, but the team and its spirit is broken.
Put them back in a functioning on form team and watch Eriksen and dele flourish again.

The only player to have not plummeted in value is Harry. Dropped slightly, but not dramatically.

Dele would/will be a catastrophe if he is sold for under £100m. Kane and he are head and shoulders above anybody else price-wise.
I'm sadly thinking they could well be sacrificed for financial reasons.

Back