1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice

Davinson Sanchez

Discussion in 'Spurs News & Views' started by DubaiSpur, 18 Aug 2017.

1. Bishop

Bishop Bobby Mimms

Had a genuinely great game, didn't get too tight to City's attackers. Blocked well, intercepted headed away well all around very good just the couple of poor passes but forgivable. I still think he should be one of the starting CBs due to his recovery pace and determination.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk

2. Sandman

Sandman Roman Pavlyuchenko

I agree. His bad pass though led to the penalty. So the blemish on the day. Him and Aurier have the same streak in them they cannot get rid of. One cannot stop diving in, in bad places. And the other when under pressure just hacks away at the ball. Compsure from both and they would be both amazing players.

3. Kandi1977

Kandi1977 Steffen Freund

Really?

4. Jurgen the German

Jurgen the German Colin Calderwood

Is his passing really in dispute? He had a good game today despite some sloppy passing but I thought it was almost unanimously accepted that his passing his below average?

5. Jurgen the German

Bit worrying if people think he’s good on the ball.

6. Bedfordspurs

Bedfordspurs Gary Stevens

His bad pass actually lead to the shot on the post not the penalty

Finney Is Back and braineclipse like this.
  7. braineclipse

braineclipse Chris Jones

A lot easier to forgive those poor passes when the opponent wastes the chances they're gifted and it doesn't cost us anything. Will you forgive it in the future if it ends up costing us progress in the CL, a top four finish or progress in the FA cup?

He keeps making these mistakes, whilst offering very little in terms of useful passing. I'm not convinced Mourinho will accept that long term. Though perhaps he will improve.

Defensively I think he's been back to close to his best recently, great to see. Pace, tackling, positioning, very good impact.

8. mudshark

mudshark Mitchell Thomas

He was shaky first half, and didn't want to pass to anyone but Lloris for a while after the howler, but I thought he grew into the game in the second period. Hopefully a watershed for him (although I probably wouldn't be holding my breath there).

9. metalgear

metalgear Chris Perry

He still makes me nervous watching him.
    Him and Toby makes a great pair though.
    I think Mourinho will upgrade our CBs... He likes them tough and reliable.

Sent from my SM-T865 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

10. Jurgen the German

Yeah never quite got the “it don’t cost us” so it’s ok argument. Overall he played very well but his passing hasn’t got any better in 2 and a half seasons and messes up straightforward passes.

DeanoAustin and Finney Is Back like this.
  11. Finney Is Back

Finney Is Back Paul Stalteri

This is where you have to have the context when looking at stats.
    The difference between Sanchez and Dele is that that Sanchez's passes tend to be under zero pressure. When he receives the ball (usually via a very short, slow pass from Lloris or Alderweireld) he has time to control the ball, have a couple of touches, look up and make another simple pass.

Dele tends to be receiving the ball when on the move, with an opposing player directly on him. It's why you tend to find that centre halves and defensive central midfield players generally tend to have the best pass completion stats despite generally being the weakest passers in the team.

Bullet and braineclipse like this.
  12. Bishop

Bishop Bobby Mimms

All very accurate but Dele just misplaces relatively simple passes

Medium to long range is not his forte.

13. AdamB

AdamB Tom Huddlestone

Regardless, we need a dominating CB. Mourinho had that person at Chelsea, Ramos at Real etc, and whilst they were then when he arrived, I expect he'll look for a similar CB at Spurs.

If we're going to pair a more skillful/footballing CB alongside a strong one, and want 4 CBs, then you have Toby/Tanganga for the former and ???/Sanchez for the latter. Maybe Foyth replaces Toby when he retires, though Jose doesnt seem to rate him at the moment. So we need a new hunk of burning love CB to arrive in the summer

Worth also considering how short the rest of those close to our starting 11 is, bar Kane, so having one big player is needed

14. MKSpur

MKSpur Mauricio Taricco

As my mate said a while back we managed to find the only player from Ajax who isn’t comfortable on the ball!
    Off the ball he’s been good under Mourinho but he does treat the ball like a hand grenade and not sure if they can be improved much at this stage in his career?

Finney Is Back likes this.
  15. Bedfordspurs

Bedfordspurs Gary Stevens

But he defends better than most and revels in it

Kandi1977 likes this.
  16. parklane1

parklane1 Paul Stewart

Thought he had another good game and his looking stronger, we should remember he is still only 23 and has not got anywhere near his peak yet.

17. DeanoAustin

DeanoAustin Young-Pyo Lee

He is young but his passing should be better by now. He hit a couple yesterday that I genuinely think any of us could have done better with. He's got to get better quickly. He also looks terrified under long balls.

18. parklane1

parklane1 Paul Stewart

To be honest i am not that down on his passing ability as some are, of course it could improve but i think we have been spoilt by the ability of Jan and Toby ( who are among the best) over the last few years that we notice the difference more.

Kandi1977 and glasgowspur like this.
  19. SteveAWOL

SteveAWOL Paul Robinson

True... although Dele did have the lowest pass completion percentage out of all our outfield players... getting whacked on the ankle probably didn’t help and hopefully he’ll get a much needed rest now.

20. metalgear

metalgear Chris Perry

This interview by Tripps makes it feel that he wasn't properly coached here. Maybe there is hope for Sanchez....

Sent from my SM-G975F using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app