• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Daniel Levy - Chairman

If you remove City and Chelsea due to financial doping, then he has us top four five times in the past 7 years, top 3 three times.

He's outstanding given the clubs constraints, now if he could just brainwash Tavistock Joe into chucking ?ú200M in for the stadium...

If you remove City and Chelsea due to financial doping, then he has us top four five times in the past 7 years, top 3 three times.

He's outstanding given the clubs constraints, now if he could just brainwash Tavistock Joe into chucking ?ú200M in for the stadium...

This! He's a brilliant man

Has taken us as far as he can (has done overall a decent job, but he has also made some belter of mistakes as well) In order to reach the Holy grail I think its time for Levy/ENIC to sell up to the right backers

One word: Modric. Him + rich owners = league winners instantly.

I don't think they'd even have to spend much, in comparison to City's billion pound expenditure..

Though i still wouldn't condone it if it happened..

Has taken us as far as he can (has done overall a decent job, but he has also made some belter of mistakes as well) In order to reach the Holy grail I think its time for Levy/ENIC to sell up to the right backers

like what?

if ur one of those still going on about jol..... get over it

he needs to offer Redknapp a new deal now or say goodbye.....too much uncertainty at the club

Hmm...interesting question. It goes a bit deeper than 'he's brilliant' or 'he's woeful'. In the early part of his time as chairman, no one can deny that he made quite a few mistakes. His appointment of managers, his buys, and his delayed approach toward building the new stadium all undoubtedly cost us. However, he learnt from his mistakes. As the decade progressed, his buys became more measured, even with Comolli and co. blasting around Europe searching for talent that didn't fit. His appointment of managers changed to being based on football experience as opposed to who could be considered a 'good fit' for the club. The stadium finally started being planned.

Our commercial deals boomed, from our record deal with Puma down to our 10 million a season from Autonomy/Investec. Our global profile was boosted. Our appeal as a stylish, footballing side returned, which was, and continues to be exploited to the hilt by Levy. Our one season in the Champions League propelled us onto a new level, where eyes were on us and we were expected to challenge. We left our traditional competitors, the likes of Villa and Everton, far behind.

And now, we're about to enter the 2012 summer transfer window with a squad rated by many to be on par with the best in the Premiership.A new stadium in the works, with construction likely to finally begin in the next year, subject to a naming rights deal being inked. With a kit deal worth an estimated 50 million quid over five years, with a company that is essentially paying us to wear their gear. A brand new training ground, soon to be opened, with brand new, up-to-date facilities, equipment and pitches.

Having finished as the fourth best team in England, even if that, in the end, wasn't enough for the Champions League again.

And all that done with the sixth highest wage bill in England, a fraction of those of our competitors, and only slightly higher than that of the considerably inferior Villa squad in seventh. With our best paid player on 70-80k a week. And our record transfer fee steady at 16 million quid, which, for all of our competitors barring Arsenal, ranks as a fairly inexpensive amount (See messrs Downing, Jones, Barry and Zhirkov for examples).

In other words, on an absolute shoestring.

So no, I don't think he's a good chairman. I think he's a great chairman. Not the best in the world, but certainly the best in England,in my eyes.

Des Walker has still got it...im sure Redknapp will be on the phone tonight

Back