• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Daniel Levy - Chairman

Its true, next Summer is currently set to be a much busier window for us.

As it stands - Jan/Toby/CE out of contract and will need replacing

Potentially a RB depending on this season

plus the normal churn of players.

Of course this is all depending on Jan window/contracts being renewed
I think Jan will be given an extension.

Sanchez can be eased in even more this season and Dier could even drop back and we have two promising center halves in the under 23s.

Eriksen is the one that we’ll have to replace and we can spend big money on that position in January or next summer.

I think Jan will be given an extension.

Sanchez can be eased in even more this season and Dier could even drop back and we have two promising center halves in the under 23s.

Eriksen is the one that we’ll have to replace and we can spend big money on that position in January or next summer.

Jan needs to be sorted out ASAP

Be interesting to see what happens with the U23s this season.

If they play many minutes in cups.

Its a bit odd but whether this window is good/average/poor depends on whether Eriksen and Toby leave over the next 3 weeks or, ideally, sign new deals

Feels like priorities for next summer are likely to be CB and RB and ideally an attacker

It was always super-unlikely we would unravel “third party image rights”. An unnecessary waste of our time.

We should have gone for Fernandes and a really good right back (I’ve never seen Atal nor Hysiejyjj) rather than waste time untangling Maltese legal bullsh*t.

If/When Eriksen, Rose and Toby leave, we are back to the start. I’m just hoping it is next summer, not this

It was always super-unlikely we would unravel “third party image rights”. An unnecessary waste of our time.

We should have gone for Fernandes and a really good right back (I’ve never seen Atal nor Hysiejyjj) rather than waste time untangling Maltese legal bullsh*t.

If/When Eriksen, Rose and Toby leave, we are back to the start. I’m just hoping it is next summer, not this
I don’t think it is that hard to buy full backs really. There are usually several decent ones moving in the transfer window.

Hopefully we've signed Rose and Eriksen's replacement this summer and we can focus on a right back, centre back and depth in the next windows.

Hopefully we've signed Rose and Eriksen's replacement this summer and we can focus on a right back, centre back and depth in the next windows.
One player can’t replace Eriksen.
He’s a title-enabling genius like Modric or Carrick or Kane.

One player can’t replace Eriksen.
He’s a title-enabling genius like Modric or Carrick or Kane.

Let's see where we are the other side of Christmas. I agree that it would be good to have another/forward, Poch clearly agrees which is we tried to bring another in.

Agreed. I was massively critical of him last summer and stand by much of it but I think he’s done great this year. A right back and Dybala and it would have been perfect but probably fantasy land. If we can retrieve the Eriksen situation then we may not be much worse if (or at all) than if we had Dybala.

Dybala Fell through. What happened with Fernandez. Was we just keeping him warm in case? if not Dybala then I thought Fernandez was our fall back position. I suppose though it must mean CE is staying?

Dybala Fell through. What happened with Fernandez. Was we just keeping him warm in case? if not Dybala then I thought Fernandez was our fall back position. I suppose though it must mean CE is staying?

It’s a fair point. Eriksen goes and I think the window has been decent but not great. Eriksen stays without a contract and the real cost of Dybala or whoever goes up if we go again. Eriksen signs contract and happy days. So fair argument Sir.

So Lo Celso, Sessegnon, N'dombele and Clarke in (all 3 under 23, 2 highly rated prospects in Europe, 1 of the most highly rated UK prospects a year ago) with only 1 first teamer (Trippier) out is a decent Window?

GK -> Lloris, Gazza
CB -> Jan, Toby, Sanchez, Foyth, Tanganga
FB -> Rose, Davies, Aurier, KWP, Sessegnon (?)
CM -> Winks, Sissoko, Dier, Wanyama, Lo Celso
AM -> Eriksen, Dele, Moura, Lamela, GKN
FW -> Kane, Son, Parrott

Legitimately we are looking at 2 first team changes with Moura likely to feature more this season as well. The only weakness in that squad is at FB, specifically LB. Dybala would have made it an exceptional window but he also would bring a lot of risk (and nothing stopping us working out details with him to go again in Dec).

People also need to remember that it has been strongly suggested Poch was offered other players and refused them. The good news for me is N'dombele, Lo Celso and Sessegnon seemed to be our targets from early (Dybala was opportunistic) and we got them.

Very pleased with the signings we have made. Is anybody unhappy?
I’m a little underwhelmed and we need the European window to close to see how much better off we are compared to last season and how much has been invested, but we were linked with this trio from the beginning of the window so I’m hopeful they were Poch’s first choices and he has a plan for right back. Compared to previous seasons it will be a good injection of fresh faces at least.

Back