• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

Stop with this, you clam. 900+ people dying in a day isn't 'a few' and it doesn't need to be normalised.
That really is a few in terms of usual numbers.

Mosquitos kill three times that every day - even if you don't adjust for the large proportion of the 900 that would have died anyway.

We are in the current situation because the government didnt act quick enough, by following these simple actions they could have contained the virus:

1 As soon a they were aware on virus they should have closed all entry to UK to everyone (including any UK citizens abroad).
2 round up anyone who had been abroad or met anyone who had been abroad in the previous 4 weeks and place them in isolation camps.
3. Round up anyone who had met anyone who had been abroad in the previous 4 weeks and place them in isolation camp.
4 Round up anyone who had been on any form of transport that had been touched by anyone who had been abroad in the previous 4 weeks and place them in isolation camp.
5.Round up anyone that had touched any product or post that had been imported in the previous 4 weeks and place them in isolation. camp.
6 Round up all the arseholes who think they know how they would have done it any better put them on TV 24 hours a day.
7 Order the 27 people who don't fit into these conditons to stay in doors and await further instructions.

These few simple actions would have saved everything from the present chaos.

That really is a few in terms of usual numbers.

Mosquitos kill three times that every day - even if you don't adjust for the large proportion of the 900 that would have died anyway.

The entire world has shut down because of 90k deaths

Malaria has killed 300k and HIV related deaths are at 450k in the same time.

This is why people are ignoring the shut down and why people want things back to normal ASAP.

The fall out from this will be worse than the Virus.

This is why people are ignoring the shut down and why people want things back to normal ASAP.

The entire world has shut down and still we've had almost 100k deaths, just imagine the numbers if the world had gone about business as usual

In the US alone inaction would cause 2.2 million to die. I'm not sure of the global figure but lets assume it's high.

Are the malaria and HIV figures yearly?

African dead people don't count.

In the US alone inaction would cause 2.2 million to die. I'm not sure of the global figure but lets assume it's high.

Are the malaria and HIV figures yearly?

Yeah. Since the turn of the year

How many of those would have died anyway this year?

I’m not making light of it, we are just on course for the virus to be a small part of a much bigger issue if we carry on indefinitely of more than a month or two.

The entire world has shut down and still we've had almost 100k deaths, just imagine the numbers if the world had gone about business as usual

100k world wide deaths is nothing in the bigger picture - I’m fully aware how heartless that sounds and it’s not meant to come over as I don’t care about people dying.

Yeah. Since the turn of the year

How many of those would have died anyway this year?

I’m not making light of it, we are just on course for the virus to be a small part of a much bigger issue if we carry on indefinitely of more than a month or two.
I think you've miscalculated. 2018 yearly figure from WHO for malaria deaths is 405k for 2018 and falling year on year. So something like 100-130k approx since the turn of the year.

Anyway, the point is letting the virus run unchecked would have been madness. There would millions of deaths.

Last edited:
Numbers like “100,000 dead” are misleading.

You need to use percents e.g. 0.001% of world population (or whatever the maths is)

100k world wide deaths is nothing in the bigger picture - I’m fully aware how heartless that sounds and it’s not meant to come over as I don’t care about people dying.
I agree to an extent but the point remains how many more would it have been if the world hadn't taken such unprecedented steps. 50x more, 100x more? Then we're talking massive figures

People who think this virus is harmless have no clue. In Italy alone over 100 doctors have died from Covid-19, after treating infected people. This is while also taking every measure NOT to get infected.

Back