• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coffee

Personally, I think that a lot of the high street coffee chains use beans that are over roasted and only have a burnt toast/dark chocolate flavour that masks the poor quality of the product.

This guide to different countries/regions is a reasonable starting point

http://drinks.seriouseats.com/2013/...-regions-guatemala-kenya-brazil-ethiopia.html

I mainly drink Ethiopian and African beans because I prefer fruity/citrous flavours.

I realise that I have provided irrefutable evidence of my utter claminess here. I am sorry.

I think you're on-point personally.

This flat has a fudging induction hob so I can't use my moka pot and not transferring my machine down from Saudi Sportswashing Machine. Cafetiere will do for now.

This flat has a fudgeing induction hob so I can't use my moka pot and not transferring my machine down from Saudi Sportswashing Machine. Cafetiere will do for now.
Boo hoo Mr First World Problems!

My induction hob won't heat my moka pot!!!

Listen to yourself man.

What has become of the Geordie nation?!

Summer time is a great time for iced coffee. If anyone likes it, but hasn't tried cold brewing their own yet you're missing out.

Store bought iced coffee is way too sweet for my liking, and not a big fan of needless calories either. This is better and you can control the amount of sweetener, milk etc.

Cold brew instructions can be found really easily, but the way I do it:
1. Coffe grounds in a french press. A good deal more than for a usual french press job. Add cold water. Yes. Cold. To the top.
2. Leave in fridge over night (8-12 hours).
3. Strain/press down and pour. This cold brewed coffee keeps in the fridge for days to a week for me at least. Never had the problem of it going off as I end up drinking it fairly quickly.
4. Mix cold brew with either milk or water. I like it with milk. Perhaps some of you will like it as is, who knows.

I always forget to do the cold brew thing- will give it a shot this weekend.

I've been back on tesco coffee this week and its been nothing but disappointment, will have to find something better before then.

The other half got me a Nespresso machine for my birthday and I just used up the pods that came with it. Got some Nespresso vouchers to burn but was wondering if anyone on here gets coffee pods from other suppliers and what they would recommend?

I've moved to Leamington Spa and can confirm I am back to having six methods of making coffee.

I've moved to Leamington Spa and can confirm I am back to having six methods of making coffee.

not a lot to do there then...

I quite like it actually, we have family there and visit a lot, I like to walk my dog up the canal to offchurch and stop for a pint

Pubs and coffee shops and not much else. Not sure I'll stay here. Pain in the arse to get up to St. James' Park as well (still got my season ticket).

I can't drink caffeine coffee anymore. Found it sent me quite wired and anxious all day (and I suffer from anxiety sometimes anyway) so haven't had a proper coffee since I had my alcoholic meltdown the other week, which I think added to my depressive state. Before that the last coffee I had was probably in March or so.

Has to be decaf.

Summer time is a great time for iced coffee. If anyone likes it, but hasn't tried cold brewing their own yet you're missing out.

Store bought iced coffee is way too sweet for my liking, and not a big fan of needless calories either. This is better and you can control the amount of sweetener, milk etc.

Cold brew instructions can be found really easily, but the way I do it:
1. Coffe grounds in a french press. A good deal more than for a usual french press job. Add cold water. Yes. Cold. To the top.
2. Leave in fridge over night (8-12 hours).
3. Strain/press down and pour. This cold brewed coffee keeps in the fridge for days to a week for me at least. Never had the problem of it going off as I end up drinking it fairly quickly.
4. Mix cold brew with either milk or water. I like it with milk. Perhaps some of you will like it as is, who knows.

Thanks for the tip, been brewing this several times these last couple of weeks. I add some sugar with the coffee grounds and mix in some milk when serving.

A large glass in the morning keeps my caffeine crawings down to a minimum during the day.

Thanks for the tip, been brewing this several times these last couple of weeks. I add some sugar with the coffee grounds and mix in some milk when serving.

A large glass in the morning keeps my caffeine crawings down to a minimum during the day.
You're welcome mate

Recommendations for a coffee grinder please guys - nothing ott/expensive/fancy

Will be using a Bialetti stove top espresso pot and/or a french press (if that makes a difference)

Back