• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Changes To The Premier League?

The PL has consistently rejected a reduction to 18, which UEFA wanted in all the leagues (they might have even wanted 16). Since they proposed this a number of leagues have increased to 20 (including Spain and Germany?).

Dyke's suggestion has a carrot, though. The suggestion that the number of relegated teams gets reduced to two. I think this is a terrible idea, but you can imagine a number of teams being tempted. They might also be tempted by seeming compromise where the third bottom side enters the playoffs, where they would have a massive financial advantage.

The flaws in the system are the large financial gaps between top four and the rest and the PL and the Championship. More revenue sharing to narrow both gaps would be the best thing for all. A two tier PL with 18 teams could fit with this.

Last time this did the rounds it was Bolton's owner that suggested it, but that just smacked of him looking after his own debt ridden club.

I do think the way things have gone since then it is actually the right thing to do. Less games means clubs might take the cups more seriously and players might not be so burnt out at the end of a season. It would also mean a much more competitive second tier. The Championship and league One and Two are massively bloated as they are right now.

I'm all for it, I'd like to see it be 16 teams with the schedule spread to increase the gaps between games and allow teams more recovery time after continental ties

Yep, make it 16 teams and ban the other 56 clubs altogether, they are wasting my time with their aspirations, get rid of them all and let's focus on the meat and potatoes, as Chich would say.

I'm not to keen on it, mostly because knowing us we'll have a dross season and finish 14th when it's implemented.

Back